Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited May 2015 in Volkswagen
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Welcome to the Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan leasing questions.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Volkswagen Tiguan page.

To see all forums discussions about the Volkswagen Tiguan, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Volkswagen Tiguan discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• yangzyangz Member Posts: 1
    Hi car man,

I just got this lease offer last weekend.
    2014 Tiguan SE AWD w/ App no Nav no roof
    MSRP 32710
    offer 29966
    42 month term
    0 due at sign
    397 per month
    10k per year

I dont think it is a good deal. Is there any suggestions? What is a reasonable price? Thanks.

Yang
  • zoolizooli Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Hi All,

I am about to lease my 1st car and would like some help choosing the right deal, i am not so knowledgeable w/the money calculations, tax etc.

Volkswagen offer promotion on 2014($279) 2013 ($199) Tiguan S fwd with automatic transmission. 36-month lease, $2,999 due at signing. (Excludes title, tax, options and dealer fees) there is another promotion running also on 42 month lease.

I got an offer this week for:
    2014 Tiguan S AWD (4 Motion) 36month / 12k / $311 ($2335) OR 42month / 12k / $299 ($2140).

I would like to stay below $200 a month and was wondering if you guys can help me pick up the right lease terms for the base model Tiguan S?
    Did anyone leased a similar model lately in New York?

Thank You!
  • nics84nics84 Member Posts: 1
    I have received a quote from this dealer:

Tiguan S AWD
    MSRP 28300
    36 mo/12000 mile
    $1000 trade in
    No down, zero at signing which covers first payment, tax, acquisition fee and title.

Monthly pay of $289.

Is this a good deal?
  • mynewcar10mynewcar10 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the best lease deal on a Tiguan with navigation and sun roof with a trade in car Honda CRV 2001 I am ready to sign up by Tuesday Dec 2. I heard there is a $210 per month offer on Tiguan. Anyone have any tips?
  • amandasfamandasf Member Posts: 34

Hello- I am trying to help my friend get one of these. Can someone tell me what the current residual and money factor is?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

@amandasf said:
    Hello- I am trying to help my friend get one of these. Can someone tell me what the current residual and money factor is?

4 different Tiguan models, with different terms. Is your friend looking for an S, SE, SEL or R-Line?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• verrucktverruckt Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2014

Hi,
    I'm looking at a lease for a 2014 Tiguan S.

Would like to know current MF and residual value for 3yr/36k mile lease for:

Tiguan S - would buy manual or auto - is there any difference in MF or residual?

Thank you kyfdx!

PS is there a "best deal" model? For instance, are the best residuals on the S or SEL? Thank you

edited March 2014

@verruckt said:
    Hi,
    I'm looking at a lease for a 2014 Tiguan S.

Would like to know current MF and residual value for 3yr/36k mile lease for:

Tiguan S - would buy manual or auto - is there any difference in MF or residual?

Thank you kyfdx!

PS is there a "best deal" model? For instance, are the best residuals on the S or SEL? Thank you

.00006 MF and 57% residual. $750 lease cash.

The S model definitely has the best program.. The SE is almost as good.. SEL and R-Line are not as good.

No difference for manual transmission.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    No difference for manual transmission.

So I drove the S and the SE - I much preferred the V-Tex leatherette over the cloth interior.

Do you have the RV on the SE / SE with Appearance? Same MF of .00006? Same terms... 3 years/12k miles per year

Thank you! B)

@verruckt said:
    Thank you! B)

.00002 MF and 56% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• frito_golfsfrito_golfs Member Posts: 8

Could I get current MF, Residual, Lease Cash for 2014 Tiguan SEL. Thanks, you guys rock.

@frito_golfs said:
    Could I get current MF, Residual, Lease Cash for 2014 Tiguan SEL. Thanks, you guys rock.

.00017 MF and 52% for 36mo, 15K/yr. $1250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The dealer I am negotiating with is telling me that the $1000 Manufacturer to Dealer incentive on the 2014 Tiguan SE is not valid if I lease the car at the .00002 MF and 56% residual 3year/36k mile quote I was looking at. He said the $750 Customer cash is good, just not the $1000 Manufacturer to Dealer incentive that I'm seeing on online pricing tools. Can you please tell me if this is true? That extra $1000 incentive would make this lease a smoking good deal. Thanks carguy!

I have no way to verify that, but it wouldn't be unusual for a vehicle to have different incentives for purchase or lease. The lease deal is basically "free" financing at that money factor. I'd be really surprised if they gave that lease incentive on top of other incentives.

You can probably find that out easily, by shopping that at another dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    I have no way to verify that, but it wouldn't be unusual for a vehicle to have different incentives for purchase or lease. The lease deal is basically "free" financing at that money factor. I'd be really surprised if they gave that lease incentive on top of other incentives.

You can probably find that out easily, by shopping that at another dealer.

I'm hitting the phones now. Will report back. Thanks again for putting in the overtime on a Sunday... :)

edited March 2014

Leased my vehicle yesterday from a San Diego area VW dealership. I am reporting back to the community - hopefully this will help you folks with your negotiations.

2014 Tiguan SE with Appearance Package

3 year, 12k miles per year lease. Tier 1 credit rating. 8% Tax Rate in my city.

31,100 MSRP

27,800 Negotiated price

28,425 Subtotal financed (27,800 + 625 Lease Acquisition fee)

56% Residual Value on that model/trim = 17,416

Term Depreciation = (27,800 - 17,416) = 10,384 + 625 Aquisition Fee = 11,009 / 36mo = 305.81/mo depreciation

.00002 Money Factor = (27,800 + 625 + 17,416) * .00002 = .92/mo Monthly Lease Rate

State Sales Tax Rate = 8% = (.92 + 305.81) * .08 = $24.53/mo Tax

$750 Total Drive Off (tax/dmv/first payment/$80 doc fee)

$332/month (305.81 + .92 + 24.53)

I recommend dealing directly with Internet Sales. They are used to people price shopping and you will usually get a better deal more quickly from them than you will sitting in a high pressure sales office. I actually walked out of the first VW dealership because they wouldn't budge on the price I wanted (I researched on TrueCar). When I shopped the price I wanted to the Internet Sales reps at 3 different dealerships, they all tried their best to give a competitive offer quickly. Let them know you are serious and willing to buy the car today if the deal is right. They will work for you. A sale for them with a modest profit is much better than no sale at all. I locked up a deal within an hour.

Knowledge is power, folks. When I negotiated with these guys over the phone or by email, I plugged in every number to a lease calculator to make sure every variable used to determine price was accounted for. I even emailed a copy of my worksheet which showed them a) I know how to calculate a lease and b) I understand how money factor and negotiated price directly influence the monthly payment. Once they had my offer broken down in a spreadsheet, they pushed back on price a bit (I offered low, naturally) but they didn't try to mess with the money factor since they knew I was lease savvy. A couple back and forth offers, and one dealer clearly wanted the business, so I agreed to their deal.

Once the "winning" dealership was determined, I asked them to take a picture and email me their offer sheet showing the numbers their lease calculator was spitting out. Once I had a printout of their offer sheet, I made an appointment to sign papers. I walked into the dealership, they ran my credit, went over all the car's features, then walked me to the finance guy. I double-checked numbers one last time as I signed the contract, and I was out of there within 1 hour. No fuss and a pleasant buying experience.

I will never try to negotiate in person again - it was a total waste of time. Internet Sales is the way to go in my humble opinion.

I hope this info was useful to some of you.

$0.92/mo. finance charges... You have to love that... ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• insureusinsureus Member Posts: 10

Please provide lease incentives, mf and residual for 15,000 miles yr S Manual.
    thank you

@insureus said:
    Please provide lease incentives, mf and residual for 15,000 miles yr S Manual.
    thank you

.00006 MF and 55% residual for 36 months.. $750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• casperspookscasperspooks Member Posts: 8

Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

We're looking to possibly lease a SEL, w/AWD, 36 months, 15K mi/yr in NJ and need to know what the numbers are this month.

Thanks in advance.

@casperspooks said:
    Firstly, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum community! It proved to be an invaluable resource when researching our current lease.

We're looking to possibly lease a SEL, w/AWD, 36 months, 15K mi/yr in NJ and need to know what the numbers are this month.

Thanks in advance.

.00017 MF and 52% for 36mo, 15K/yr. $1250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• candminvacandminva Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    Do you have current MF, residual (12k), 36 month, lease cash for tiguan rline 4motion in Virginia? Thank you

@candminva said:
    Do you have current MF, residual (12k), 36 month, lease cash for tiguan rline 4motion in Virginia? Thank you

.00017 MF and 53% residual. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• candminvacandminva Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much
  • Piaya20Piaya20 Member Posts: 10

Hi kyfdx!

Do you have the residual value and money factor for a 36mos, 15k/year lease on a 2014 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion?

Thanks in advance!

@Piaya20 said:
    Hi kyfdx!

Do you have the residual value and money factor for a 36mos, 15k/year lease on a 2014 Tiguan R-Line 4Motion?

Thanks in advance!

.00017 MF and 51% residual. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Piaya20Piaya20 Member Posts: 10

Thank you, kyfdx!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@Piaya20 said:
    Thank you, kyfdx!

Best of luck in your shopping - please come back and let us know how it all turned out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• nabsfnabsf Member Posts: 2

Are these good numbers? I'm looking to lease a 2013 Tiguan SEL 4MATIC, blue on beige in California, since the dealers are trying to sell thru the remaining 2013 stock.

MSRP - $39,425
    Cap cost - $31500
    MF - .00017
    Residual - 55%
    36 mo / 10K
    2999 due at signing

Thanks!

edited April 2014

@nabsf said:
    Are these good numbers? I'm looking to lease a 2013 Tiguan SEL 4MATIC, blue on beige in California, since the dealers are trying to sell thru the remaining 2013 stock.

MSRP - $39,425
    Cap cost - $31500
    MF - .00017
    Residual - 55%
    36 mo / 10K
    2999 due at signing

Thanks!

What is the payment? Also, that seems like a pretty high residual for a leftover 2013 model.. And, I'd expect a money factor of .0017, rather than .00017

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nabsfnabsf Member Posts: 2

Trying to get the worksheet to see what they're going to calc residual off of to find out monthly payment, but the internet dept accepted .00017 (lending rate of .408%), 31.5K, and 55% residual via email.

@nabsf said:
    Trying to get the worksheet to see what they're going to calc residual off of to find out monthly payment, but the internet dept accepted .00017 (lending rate of .408%), 31.5K, and 55% residual via email.

Those numbers match the 2014 Tiguan SEL numbers... Did they give you a payment?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• frito_golfsfrito_golfs Member Posts: 8

Hi, do you know the 2014 Tiguan SEL residual on 12/yr, MF, and any rebates or Lease cash availbility? Thx

• ccmd00dccmd00d Member Posts: 4

Do you have current MF, residual (12k), 36 month, lease cash for tiguan sel 4motion in MA? Thank you

@frito_golfs said:
    Hi, do you know the 2014 Tiguan SEL residual on 12/yr, MF, and any rebates or Lease cash availbility? Thx

For 36 month leases, the MF is .00017 and the residual is 54%. $1250 lease cash available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@ccmd00d said:
    Do you have current MF, residual (12k), 36 month, lease cash for tiguan sel 4motion in MA? Thank you

See above post .. those numbers are the same for both 2WD and 4Motion Tiguan SEL.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wonderbredwonderbred Member Posts: 3

Hi, could you please post the current 36 month MF, residual (12k/yr), and lease cash for the Tiguan SE w/ Appearance and R-Line? (For both 2WD and 4Motion if the numbers are different) Thanks!

@wonderbred said:
    Hi, could you please post the current 36 month MF, residual (12k/yr), and lease cash for the Tiguan SE w/ Appearance and R-Line? (For both 2WD and 4Motion if the numbers are different) Thanks!

SE: .00002 MF and 56% residual. $750 lease cash

R-Line: .00017 MF and 53% residual. $1250 lease cash.

FWD/AWD have the same numbers

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hyokhyok Member Posts: 1

Do you have current MF, residual (10k), 36 month, lease cash for tiguan rline 2motion in CA? Thank you

@hyok said:
    Do you have current MF, residual (10k), 36 month, lease cash for tiguan rline 2motion in CA? Thank you

.00017 and 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• stefbo74stefbo74 Member Posts: 3

I am looking to lease a 2014 Tiguan SE with a 10,000 mileage allowance. I am hoping you can help me with the MF, residual and any incentives. I am in Tampa, Florida, 33602.

@stefbo74 said:
    I am looking to lease a 2014 Tiguan SE with a 10,000 mileage allowance. I am hoping you can help me with the MF, residual and any incentives. I am in Tampa, Florida, 33602.

.00003 MF and 56% residual. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Does the number of miles (10,000 or 12,000) affect the residual? The lease paperwork the dealership showed me has not spot for money factor, so I am not sure how they calculated the payment, which seems rather high, at $284 for a 36 month, 10,000 allowance, with $3304 down to cover starts and reduce principal. Is this a good deal?

@stefbo74 said:
    Does the number of miles (10,000 or 12,000) affect the residual? The lease paperwork the dealership showed me has not spot for money factor, so I am not sure how they calculated the payment, which seems rather high, at $284 for a 36 month, 10,000 allowance, with $3304 down to cover starts and reduce principal. Is this a good deal?

Base residuals for VW use 15K miles per year. Add 2% to that number for 12K leases and 3% for 10K miles.

We would need the MSRP and selling price to figure out if your payment makes sense. However, it's not a good idea to put money down to reduce the cap cost - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jkarschjkarsch Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

Looking to lease a 2014 Tiguan 4Motion SE W/ appearance. Dealer first sent me this "deal" which doesn't appear to be very good.

MSRP - $33,800
    Savings - $1790
    Selling price - $32080
    Fees - $500 - Doc and Lic.
    Money Factor - .00115
    Residual - $18928
    I also added in a lease acquisition fee of $625 which wasn't on the sheet that was given to me.

I have a current lease that they will "take over"
    Trade Allowance - $21467
    Trade Payoff - $20592

They have a payment $487.58/mo - sales tax included.

This seems a bit high to me - and when I plug these numbers in to Edmunds Lease Calculator it doesn't spit out the same payment as they show. Am I missing something or are they trying to grab a bit more money from me?

Thanks.

@jkarsch said:
    Looking to lease a 2014 Tiguan 4Motion SE W/ appearance. Dealer first sent me this "deal" which doesn't appear to be very good.

MSRP - $33,800
    Savings - $1790
    Selling price - $32080
    Fees - $500 - Doc and Lic.
    Money Factor - .00115
    Residual - $18928
    I also added in a lease acquisition fee of $625 which wasn't on the sheet that was given to me.

I have a current lease that they will "take over"
    Trade Allowance - $21467
    Trade Payoff - $20592

They have a payment $487.58/mo - sales tax included.

This seems a bit high to me - and when I plug these numbers in to Edmunds Lease Calculator it doesn't spit out the same payment as they show. Am I missing something or are they trying to grab a bit more money from me?

Thanks.

Base money factor is .00035 and there is $1500 in lease cash. So, yeah... they are trying to take advantage of you... No point in doing the calculations on a deal like that that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jkarschjkarsch Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the reply.

What is the lease cash applied towards? Will the dealer only offer this if you ask?

@stefbo74 said:
    What is the lease cash applied towards? Will the dealer only offer this if you ask?

The lease cash works like a rebate .. if the MSRP is $29K and you negotiate the selling price down to $27.5K, the $1500 lease cash makes your effective net cap cost $26K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bruceb73bruceb73 Member Posts: 8

Would you please provide mf & residual for 2014 Tiguan R-Line, 36 mo, 15,000 mi per year, best credit score. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.