Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Head restraint issue for shorter drivers - 2014 Corolla

carfan125carfan125 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Toyota

Me and my boyfriend just bought a 2014 Toyota Corolla LE. It drives nice and all that. Except for one issue. My boyfriend is taller than me. He is 5' 9" tall. I am 5' 3" tall. The head restraints were designed badly. Not Toyota's fault. The head restraint for me causes a headache after I have been driving the car even for a short while. Is there a way that I can resolve this issue? I love the car other than that issue.
My boyfriend doesn't have an issue with the head restraint. Please any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• circuitsmithcircuitsmith Member Posts: 117

If your head is tipping too far back attach some king of strap-on pad to the restraint.
    If your head is tipping too far forward get a back pad to move you further forward in the seat.

• carstripper00carstripper00 Member Posts: 4

My wife is very short at 4 ft 11 and she uses a small couch pillow to sit on. You can lower the seat an inch and sit on a pillow which should raise you up higher and maybe help your problem.