Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Hyundai Sonata can not get contacts to sync w/name only number

ladediladedi Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Hyundai

I have had my 2012 Sonata 2.0T for almost 2 yrs, time out issue is happening, but mymost recent problem is more serious. I just discovered, when trying to speak a persons name that it was not in contacts, only the number. On further investigation, I found that almost all of my names were not in the system. I unpaired my phone (Samsung GS4) from the vehicle's bluetooth and took it back to factory reset. I repaired the phone and when it asked for the contacts to be uploaded, I said yes. This did not work, nor did the other 4 times I tried in different locations. I then went to Sprint thinking it was an issue with my phone. They told me that was not the case.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I did call the 800-633-5151- #5 number, and they said I need to go to the dealership, which I am hesitant to do as it is another wasted Saturday!

Someone Please Help!!

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Ugh. I wish I knew more about Bluetooth so I could help you more, but I don't. I will tell you that some owners who had Sonatas found that they could override this problem by entering the data manually - VERY un-ideal, but it may be ore ideal than wasting a day at the dealership, who may or may not have the answer. I found some tips on manual entry on this page: http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/12887/hyundai/sonata/sonata-bluetooth-problems/p2

There are several solutions posed here as well, for Samsung Galaxy phones: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-maxx/166817-contacts-do-not-show-car-bluetooth-pairing-2.html
    and here's something that talks about an import/export feature, which may be different from the "upload" feature: http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/437509-contacts-wont-download-into-hyundai-sonata-radio-any-ideas.html

You know, when I got my HTC One in November, I had a few issues transferring contacts, and a few other things, due to the phone being far more advance than I am. I went to Best Buy, which isn't where I purchased (got it directly from the wireless provider), and one of the guys at the Best Buy mobile booth helped me out a TON, for free. Of course I went at an off time when they weren't very busy, but if you have a Best Buy in your area, you might find a young "tech geek" who's interested - and able - to help.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kenelvoxkenelvox Member Posts: 3

I am not sure if this is the same as your problem, but I have the 2012 2.0T and Galaxy S4. I have a lot of gmail contacts, but when the car said downloading contacts it would always stop at a low number, nowhere near the 1000 claimed.

What I found was that in gmail over time, you get a lot of contacts without any contact information or telephone numbers. If you replay to an email, that email address only is added to the contacts.

I went through my gmail address book deleted all the email addresses only. Now that my database is clean, all of my contacts download and work.

I hope this works for you.

Ken