Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Sierra Lease Questions

Comments

• cwebster34cwebster34 Member Posts: 1
    Car_Man,

Do you have lease rates for 2010 Sierra SLE 2x4, Crew Cab, 15,000 miles, 36-month? Also, can I get the $5,000 cash back? Vendor pricing? Is there any loyalty cash that I could take advantage of? I am located in western Tennessee.

Thanks for the help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi cwebster34. General Motors reintroduced leasing on the Sierra for the first time in a while last month. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Sierra 1500 SLE Crew Cab 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.60 and a rough 38%, respectively.

The $5,000 consumer cash that General Motors is currently providing on the 2010 Sierra is not compatible with this special lease program, however GM is providing a $2,000 cash incentive that is.

I am not aware of any loyalty cash on this specific model right now, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your dealer to double check.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • dvdnetndvdnetn Member Posts: 3
    What are April lease rates on a GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE and SLT? Residual and money factor 3/36K and 3/39K. Consumer Cash?
  • drockholddrockhold Member Posts: 34
    The May lease rates are as shown:

2011 Sierra SLE 4WD crew cab 3/36 MF is .0015 The residual is 46% and Consumer Cash Rebate is $4050

2011 Sierra SLT 4WD crew cab 3/36 MF and Rebate are same as above except for a 45% residual

I don't have the figures for the 3/39 as I was pricing the 3/36 and it appears to be the best rate here in Ohio.
  • baken_sbaken_s Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Hello,

Would you happen to know the Residual and Money Factor for October 2011 for a 2011 GMC Sierra SLT? If you have the same for a 2012 as well, that'd be helpful! Thanks a mil!

Sorry I did not post enough info:
    2011 and 2012 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2WD

Located in California
    I certainly do baken_s. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLT 2WD with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 38%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are 2.57% and 43%.

General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,425 cash incentive on 36-month Ally leases of the 2011 version of this truck and $1,650 on the 2012 version of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • dylrexdylrex Member Posts: 111
    Hi Car_man.
    Can you please provide me with the lease rates for 24/36/39 months with 12k per year on the above truck? Does the 2012 have better rates?
    Also, is there any lease cash or rebates available?
    Thank you in advance.
  • johnpppjohnppp Member Posts: 2
    I've looked everywhere for November details and can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm looking for -

- MF on a 36 mo lease (10K and 12K miles per year)
    - Residual (10K and 12K)
    - Any incentives currently being offered (incl non-GM private offer above)
    - Typical "over invoice" price before applying incentive ($250 over?)
    - Other fees one should expect when leasing a GMC (e.g. bank fee)

Much appreciated !
    Hi dylrex. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SLE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 58%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.0% and 49%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 47%.

I don't believe that General Motors is providing lease support on the 2011 version of this truck any longer.

GM is providing a $5,050 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this truck and $3,950 on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi johnppp. The reason why you have been having trouble finding information about leases of this truck is that I do not believe that General Motors is currently providing any lease support on the Sierra 2500.

If I am not mistaken, the only incentives that are available on this truck right now are 3.9% to 3.9% special financing or $2,000.

Car_man
    Host
  • samintexassamintexas Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I was told today that there is no gm manufacturer support on 2012 GMC Sierra leases to Ally. I am not sure I believe the salesman, but could this be correct? If I third party lease, can I get the cash back from the manufacturer? Do you know the current 24 and 36 month 12k/year residuals and interest rates on leases?

Thank you for your time.

Sam Caterina League City Texas
    Hi Sam. General Motors is definitely providing support on leases of the Sierra 1500, but not the 2500 or 3500.

Ally's current base lease rate for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Sierra 1500 is 1.1%. the number for an otherwise identical 36-month lease is 1.0%. The residual values vary by trim level.

GM is providing a $5,500 cash incentive on 24-month and a $4,400 cash incentive on 36-month leases of the Sierra 1500 through Ally.

Car_man
    Host

Car_man
    Host
  • jp25jp25 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_Man, I am new to the leasing game, but am interested in leasing a 2012 Sierra 1500 SL or SLE Crew Cab truck for either 36 or 39 months with 12K miles per year. Are there any rebates or other incentives (no money down etc...)? Do you know the residuals and interest rates? Thank you very much in advance.
    Welcome jp25. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its base lease rate.

In answer to our specific questions about the Sierra, Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab SL 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 48%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 1.0% and 46%.

General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,100 cash incentive on 36 to 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • smonchunskismonchunski Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    "General Motors is currently providing a whopping $5,100 cash incentive on 36 to 39-month leases of this truck through Ally."

How can you get more info on this incentive?

TIA
    Hi smonchunski. I'm not sure if the incentive is documented anywhere that is accessible to the general public. I saw it mentioned in a dealer bulletin. It definitely exists.

Car_man
    Host
  • dvdnetndvdnetn Member Posts: 3
    What do May 2012 numbers look like for 2012 Sierra SLE SLT Crew or Ext Cab
    Ally and US Bank
    Hey dvdnetn. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra Crew Cab SLE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Sierra Ext. Cab 4WD are the same.

There is a $4,900 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

The numbers for US Bank are a 0.96% lease rate and $5,925 cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • skiitalyskiitaly Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me what the rates and residuals are for a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4x4 Crew Cab Diesel are?

Are there any cash incentives to lease this vehicle?

Thanks
  • misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
    Car Man,

I am looking to lease a 2012 Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4WD SLE.

Do you have the June lease rates and residuals?

Thanks in advance.

Riley
    Sure Riley. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 43%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $4,900 cash incentive that is currently available on 3-year leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • kennesawkennesaw Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

With GM's $3500 in rebates, is it also possible to get another $5925 incentive from US Bank added into a 36 month lease? If so, that would bring the pymt into the low 3's based on an SLE Ext Cab at $35K msrp - correct? Or, can the dealership only give one or the other - GM or US Bank credits in the lease?

Thanks for all your help!
    Hi kennesaw. Unfortunately, GM's normal cash incentives and its cash incentives on leases cannot be combined.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Dr. Car Man,

Inquiring into the 2013 Sierra 1500 SLE ,extended cab, 4WD lease rates and residuals.

Also...Does Ally or US Bank have any additional cash?

Many thanks...

Kinda lonely out here on the Sierra board.
    Hi misterep. I don't think that the lease penetration rate is very high on full-sized pickups. Most consumers seem to finance them.

Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.8% and 53%.

There is currently a $3,350 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

I think that the cash incentive is the same on leases through US Bank, but the lease rate is a little lower at 1.44%.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you Car_man...

The referenced residuals seem high per the previous posts. Circling back ...

2013 SLE Extended Cab 4WD 15K / 36 month lease.... 2.8% and 53% (?)

+ $3,350 Cash incentive through Ally...

Given current dealer/vehicle incentives one could lease a GMC Sierra pretty cheap!

Thoughts..?
    You're welcome misterep. This lease rate, residual value and cash incentive that you mentioned are definitely correct.

Car_man
    Host
  • mwalk80mwalk80 Member Posts: 1
    Car man,

I was hoping you could give me the lease rates, residuals and incentives for 24, 36 and 48 month leases with 12,000 miles on a 2013 1500 Denali. Could you also let me know the differences in the numbers between Ally and US Bank.

Thanks!!!
    Certainly mwalk80. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Denali with 12,000 mies per year are 1% and 62%.

The numbers for otherwise identical 36- and 48-month leases are 1.04% / 54% and 3.1% and 48%.

GM is providing a $2,900 cash incentive on 2-year leases of this truck and $3,000 on 3- and 4-year leases.

I haven't seen the US Bank numbers, but I'll see what I can find out for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • dpjuniordpjunior Member Posts: 1
    Car Man,

if you would, what are the current money factor/interest rate and residuals on 2013 sierra, 12k a year business lease, thank you
    Hi dpjunior. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab SLE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.05% and 54%.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $3,000 cash incentive that is currently available on 36-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • suicidysuicidy Member Posts: 7
    Car Man, thanks for the lease info. It was helpful in negotiating my new lease on a 2013 Sierra Denali yesterday. With that information and a number of available incentives, I was able to negotiate a monthly payment of $ 420.93 (Pre-tax) with only first payment plus sales tax and registration fees down.

It hewlped that I got bonus earnings on my GM Mastercard and $ 2,000 conquest cash for the lease on my Infiniti G37. Which I also got a great deal in large part thanks to your help on the G37 leasing thread.
    You're very welcome. I'm glad that everything worked out well for you. Enjoy your new truck :).

Car_man
    Host
  • jwigglesfvjwigglesfv Member Posts: 1
    what were the details of your Denali ? im trying to lease one now.. which dealership ?Im in Socal
  • lewisb11lewisb11 Member Posts: 1
    Gentlemen, you seem pretty intelligent when it comes to leasing. I was wondering if I could get your opinion to see if i got a good deal, as this is my first lease and i plan to buy out my lease.

Truck: 2013 Sierra extended cab SLE w/ regional pkg, leather, remote start, Line-X bed-liner.

Deal: $387(tax & fee's included) a month for 39 months. $2500 down a signing and a $18000 residual value. I also received a $3000 bonus from gm

Last Q's: Was it a good deal to lease then buy or should I have just done a straight buy? :confuse:
    Hi lewisb11. Do you know this truck's MSRP or selling price? Those would be very helpful in evaluating your deal. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. These numbers make it easier to see how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn if there's any additional room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • plavidalplavidal Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at leasing a 2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, not sure if I want a 2wd or 4wd but I want a 5.3 v8 with the 6 speed auto. Everything else is up in the air. I would need to know what the Money Factor is and the Residual Value. I can get the MSRP from the website or the sticker. Also, can get the invoice price on here as well. Looking at a 36 month lease, 15K miles per year. Also, does GMC do Multiple Security Deposits?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • plavidalplavidal Member Posts: 3
    Can someone help me out? Looking for lease rates for GMC Sierra Crew Cab 2013. Looking at 2wd SLE trim with 5.3 v8 with 6 speed auto. Looking at a 36 month lease, so would need the MF and RV. I already ahve the MSRP. 15K per year lease. Does GMC do Mulitiple Security Deposits?

Thanks
  • rp1911rp1911 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    SLE trim. Duramax.

I need a lease rate for 36 months and 42-48 months if available. MSRP is $55,680. Purchase price if I were to buy with $3500 equity on trade in is $45,456.

TIA,
    RP
    How much was the sticker on that Denali truck?
  • cwa318cwa318 Member Posts: 79

Please post sierra crew cab SLT 2/4 WD. Looking at 36 month 15k. Thanks

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,734

@cwa318 said:
    Please post sierra crew cab SLT 2/4 WD. Looking at 36 month 15k. Thanks

4WD Crewcab: 3.05% money factor and 59% residual. $950 lease cash

2WD residual is 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hey CarMan as I am in the process of selling my Ford Edge, I am wondering what is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Sierra Denali 4 door pick up 4 wheel drive. For 36 months 12,000 miles per year. Also, I see a $7500 off list does this apply to leasing too? Likewise, is there any conquest money available on a Sierra Denali? Ford is offering me an extra $1000 to come back to Ford. Please let me know what the numbers are for March 2014 thanks!

@drockhold said:
    Hey CarMan as I am in the process of selling my Ford Edge, I am wondering what is the residual and money factor for a 2014 Sierra Denali 4 door pick up 4 wheel drive. For 36 months 12,000 miles per year. Also, I see a $7500 off list does this apply to leasing too? Likewise, is there any conquest money available on a Sierra Denali? Ford is offering me an extra $1000 to come back to Ford. Please let me know what the numbers are for March 2014 thanks!

Is that the Double Cab? Doesn't matter, as the Crew Cab has the same numbers.

2.65% MF and 61% residual.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get the same incentives on this lease that you get on a straight purchase. A 61% residual is pretty high, so I doubt they would pair it with a $7500 discount.. There are bound to be some purchase rebates in that amount that wouldn't apply to the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• newguy1234newguy1234 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2014

hi looking for feedback on this deal 2014 sierra 1500 denali msrp 53010 neg price 49800 less 1750 cash back residual 59% interest rate 2.9% 39 months 12k /yr putting down $2500 to cover taxes and fees works out to be 542 a month

• drewauby5drewauby5 Member Posts: 7

hello sir, can you please tell me the MF and residual on 2014 Sierra 1500 SLE, 2wd and double cab please?? Thanks Andrew

@newguy1234 said:
    hi looking for feedback on this deal 2014 sierra 1500 denali msrp 53010 neg price 49800 less 1750 cash back residual 59% interest rate 2.9% 39 months 12k /yr putting down $2500 to cover taxes and fees works out to be 542 a month

I get about $526/mo., using your numbers, but that's pretty close. I show the base rate to be 2.65%, rather than 2.90%, though. Using 2.65% would lower the payment by about $9/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@drewauby5 said:
    hello sir, can you please tell me the MF and residual on 2014 Sierra 1500 SLE, 2wd and double cab please?? Thanks Andrew

2.65% MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drewauby5drewauby5 Member Posts: 7

sorry, forgot to specify...36 month, 12K/yr lease not 15k. THanks Andrew

@drewauby5 said:
    sorry, forgot to specify...36 month, 12K/yr lease not 15k. THanks Andrew

Add 2% to the residual to go from 15K/yr to 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.