Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mehou77mehou77 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014

@odyssey2015 - Could you tell me from where in TX you got this deal...Also if you send me your quote at [Email removed]. Least i get around 33,600 Total Drive out price

• samkasamka Member Posts: 9

Does recommend a good dealer in MD area. The best I got for the 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L was $32,593 EXCLUDING sales tax. I want to do the financing with Honda and dont know at what point I should ask for Finance flex cash incentive.

• gq_guygq_guy Member Posts: 1

trying to buy 2014 Odyssey EXL( no Navi or DVD ) in South bay area ( San Jose) , but looks the price is pretty higher than other place . one of honda dealer in Milpitas showed the final price - 32700 sales price -2000 HFC +TTL , so OTD is 34239.73 . Damn ..unfortunately this is the lowest one in my area , so I gave up and walked away , and I saw the customer had signed on around 34700 in paper for EXL in last weekend .. crazy price here .. anyone has recommending honda dealer in south bay area ?

• odyssey2015odyssey2015 Member Posts: 5

@samka. Just tell that your friend got a flex cash incentive

• chopranchopran Member Posts: 2

@taurus11 said:
    Bought EXL W RES for $32584 OTD.

Hi Taurus, sounds like you got a great deal on the odyssey EX-L with RES. I am in the market for a 2014 odyssey EX-L. Can you please let me know from where you bought the Odyssey? I am in shelby twp. MI

• itsrajeshitsrajesh Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2014
    I bought Odyssey Elite (no accessories). I paid 38,600 which includes destination fee, doc/dealership admin fees and also include $2500 discount from HFC. Honda shows $2500 as a downpayment for the car, when we finance the car with them. Means the car price becomes $41,100 even though I paid only $38,600.

I need to pay tax in DMV myself
    In 45days. I am thinking if I will have to pay tax on $38,600 or $41,100.

Anyone has any experience about this?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@itsrajesh said:
    I bought Odyssey Elite (no accessories). I paid 38,600 which includes destination fee, doc/dealership admin fees and also include $2500 discount from HFC. Honda shows $2500 as a downpayment for the car, when we finance the car with them. Means the car price becomes $41,100 even though I paid only $38,600.

I need to pay tax in DMV myself
    In 45days. I am thinking if I will have to pay tax on $38,600 or $41,100.

Anyone has any experience about this?

Are we talking about sales tax or property tax? Sales tax is almost always calculated at the time of sale. Property tax may have a different formula based on what state you live in.

Here in Colorado, the property tax for the first year is 2.1% of 85% of the pre-option MSRP, to be paid as part of the registration fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• samkasamka Member Posts: 9

I had a very bad experience with a dealer in MA area. Can anyone please recommend a good dealer in the MA area. Thanks in advance.

• goat1036goat1036 Member Posts: 4
    Taurus11 - can you give info on where u bought? Would drive to mi for that deal

lx model with destination included - 27,687. Good deal? Thanks!

Actually last post should be 25687 on lx with destination but no ttl. Thanks.
  • gc1thechangc1thechan Member Posts: 4

Hi all,

I currently own a Honda Pilot and I am considering to purchase a 2014 odyssey as our 2nd car (family has expanded :smile: )

I wonder if someone can share the recent experience and some breakdowns on an odyssey EX-L no DVD no Nav?

I am in Southern Ca - Orange County. Any feedback is much appreciated.

(by the way, I am planning a head of time and my time frame is around Sept-Oct. Should I even wait for the 2015 model?)

Axc4466,

can you provide the breakdown if you don't mind and what is the final price for OTD?

thanks.

@axc4466 said:
    Today I bought EX-L with RES in Carlsbad, California for $34,875 + TTL + $80 doc fee. Includes all weather mats, cargo cover, wheel locks and mud guards. I tried negotiating a better deal with other Honda dealers in the San Diego area and this is the best I could get. Nice buying experience in Hoehn Honda in Carlsbad. The Carmax quote I got for my old car was more than any Honda dealer could offer.

edited April 2014

Danny,

do you mind to send me the contact you have worked from Riverside Honda ([Email removed])? I am exactly looking for an EX-L no dvd and no navi. thanks.

@danny2014 said:
    Go to Riverside Honda they will give you $ 2500 HFC

• marspacemarspace Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014

could you pls tell me the dealership and salesman name to [Email removed] thx> @prasadkumarg said:

Finally bought mine for 31000 (including dest) + ttl + doc fee 400
    Sphoffmann: the lower price has nothing to do with financing I own my car no leasing...the $1000 diff doesn't matter much if u will be keeping the van for long ... Most of my friends have a van nd have been driving for 5 + years. one has to be patient while negotiation... Since the car salesmen are real smart.. It took me 2 months to complete my buy.

• jombjomb Member Posts: 3

I got EXL w/ navi including mud guards, cargo tray and wheel locks for $36000 OTD in California.

• cheese9cheese9 Member Posts: 1

Would you mind sharing which stealership in CA you got the EXL with navi for $36K OTD? The lowest legitimate quote I've received is $37,500 OTD with no accessories in NorCal

@jomb said:
    I got EXL w/ navi including mud guards, cargo tray and wheel locks for $36000 OTD in California.

• tomblin2007tomblin2007 Member Posts: 1

danny2014 can u tell me the salesperson and dealership u got your deal from

• iffi1iffi1 Member Posts: 7

Anyone purchased or is working on purchasing an Odyssey in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota or surrounding dealership (Rochester, St Cloud etc).

Would love to hear their experience including the OTD price (if purchased or target that they are going after), experiences with different dealerships and the one that they found the best to work with and any other thing that would be helpful.

I am in the process of starting contact with the dealer for 2014 EXL and would be happy to share my experiences.

• amsenamsen Member Posts: 36

@samka said:
    I had a very bad experience with a dealer in MA area. Can anyone please recommend a good dealer in the MA area. Thanks in advance.

Had great experience at Honda cars of Boston, Everett. Sales: Samantha.

• odyssey_ownedodyssey_owned Member Posts: 6

It is from Landmark Honda, Alexandria, VA. They also didn't seem interested from the beginning but when the time came they gave up. Just have to be patient and wait for the right time (if you can). I didn't have issues with email communication though. Most of the time I would be straight forward and tell them that that's how I bought my other cars and give me the Out the door price including everything.

Good luck.

@cmda said:
    odyssey_owned, great deal! What was the sales price with destination but before TTL? Do you mind sharing which dealership? How did you extend your initial offer--by phone, email, or in person? We have been casually shopping for several months, but we haven't found many D.C. area Honda dealers willing to deal by email. The opening offers by email seem pretty high, and most don't want to negotiate by phone. We have previously bought Toyotas and were able to work nail down good deals by phone before going into the dealership to complete paperwork.

@dolleye said:
    Hi odyssey_owned, do you mind share the dealer information? I have exact the same budget as you and contacted couple of the dealers and were told no way.

odyssey_owned said:

It is from Landmark Honda, Alexandria, VA.
    Good luck.

Let me know what advice you need ?

@odyssey2015 said:
    Odyssey_owned. Please give me your email Id or send me an email @ vv_krn@yahoo.com. I need some advise. I am also looking for 2014 EXL None of the dealers are coming below 34k OTD.

You can click on my name Odyssey_owned and send message from there. I'll respond.

@odyssey2015 said:
    Odyssey_owned. Please give me your email Id or send me an email @ vv_krn@yahoo.com. I need some advise. I am also looking for 2014 EXL None of the dealers are coming below 34k OTD.

Remember larger the dealership the more leeway they have to give better deals. Start contacting some big Honda dealerships in the DC Metro area and getting Out the door price including all tax, tags, fees. You have to be confident to let them know that you know what you are doing and that this is how you gonna purchase the vehicle.

@beeth said:
    Looking for 2014 EX-L, targeting for $32K OTD in MD(DC area) as people mentioned here. Could you please advise how I should start dealing with the dealers? Thank you so much!

• jombjomb Member Posts: 3

@cheese9 said:
    Would you mind sharing which stealership in CA you got the EXL with navi for $36K OTD? The lowest legitimate quote I've received is $37,500 OTD with no accessories in NorCal
    I got EXL w/ navi plus cargo tray, mud guards, and wheel locks at $36000 OTD from Sierra honda.

contact Gary who is an internet salesman.
    good luck.

• rmitcheltree5001rmitcheltree5001 Member Posts: 1

Just picked up my 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES.. So here is the breakdown of what I paid. Price of car was $31,500.00 596.00 processing fee. 1283.84 title tax. 29.00 business license tax. 10.00 on-line filing fee. 12.00 registration and title fee for a grand total out the door price of $33,430.84..Mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray, oil changes and tire rotations for 3 years. Traded in 2011 Hyundai Santa fe for 17k..net equity was 6076.09...total financed 27,354.75...good luck out there.

• beethbeeth Member Posts: 13

Could you please tell me which dealer you got the Odyssey from? I am looking for EX-L in DC area. Thanks!

@rmitcheltree5001 said:
    Just picked up my 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L with RES.. So here is the breakdown of what I paid. Price of car was $31,500.00 596.00 processing fee. 1283.84 title tax. 29.00 business license tax. 10.00 on-line filing fee. 12.00 registration and title fee for a grand total out the door price of $33,430.84..Mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray, oil changes and tire rotations for 3 years. Traded in 2011 Hyundai Santa fe for 17k..net equity was 6076.09...total financed 27,354.75...good luck out there.

• ripplev1ripplev1 Member Posts: 3

I am looking for a Touring in Chicago area, anyone who can guide me with dealer you have worked with and a good price

• odyyseybuyerodyyseybuyer Member Posts: 4

Has antoine bought 2014 ex-l in nj in april? What was thé otd price

• odyyseybuyerodyyseybuyer Member Posts: 4

Meant anyone

edited April 2014

I am getting this offer in Chicago area for Touring. Is this a good deal?

**Selling price $36,361.00
    doc fee 191.27
    taxable total 2,691.66
    new plates 196.00
    Balance due Dealer $39,439.93

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

When I appraise it here, I get a TMV of $42,710. Your $36k selling price is almost $3,000 below invoice.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

• kaimorgkaimorg Member Posts: 2

Hi,
    I'm in the Chicagoland area and is looking for a Touring Elite, can you let me know which dealership that you are able to get this deal at?
    Thanks!

@ripplev1 said:
    I am getting this offer in Chicago area for Touring. Is this a good deal?

**Selling price $36,361.00
    doc fee 191.27
    taxable total 2,691.66
    new plates 196.00
    Balance due Dealer $39,439.93

• fortunercfortunerc Member Posts: 1

Does recently bought a Honda Odyssey EX-L no RES/Navi in the Northern NJ area? What was your OTD price?

@kaimorg said:
    Hi,
    I'm in the Chicagoland area and is looking for a Touring Elite, can you let me know which dealership that you are able to get this deal at?
    Thanks!

Quote i am getting is for Touring not Elite. I got quote from continental honda

Chicagoland peeps - i just bought an lx after extensive research from bill walsh honda in ottawa. Valley honda in aurora was my 2nd best - everyone else was much higher.
  • odyssamesodyssames Member Posts: 1

I just purchased HONDA Odyssey EX-L with RES.

MSRP $38,055.00
    Dealer Processing Fee $200.00
    Discount $5,944.63
    Total Car Price $32,310.37

Tax $1,938.63
    ETC $351.00
    Total Fees $2,289.63

Car price + Fees $34,600.00
    Dealer Discount $500.00
    Honda Discount $500.00
    What I paid $33,600.00

Not sure it's a good price, but I was treated so well. I love my buying experience.

• kaimorgkaimorg Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the dealer info @ripplev1,
    I know that your quote is for the Touring, but I'm hoping to be able to get a deal close to $3000 below invoice for the Elite!
    I still have until late June to get the van, but I'm willing to buy earlier if the deal is good.
    Thanks

@ripplev1 said:
    Quote i am getting is for Touring not Elite. I got quote from continental honda

• inteplayerinteplayer Member Posts: 8

hello all, I am looking for EX-L with no Navi no RES, looking for OTD 32K, anyone know a dealer in South CA can come close? What's the HFC this month?

• johnkamiljohnkamil Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

San Diego Area, paid $30250 + Tax +Reg on a 2014 Odyssey EX. I didn't check many dealers but it seems EX model is available in very limited quantities in SD area. I tend to think that they sell these cars a bit expensive in socal compared to rest of the USA. What do you think?

• gmr78gmr78 Member Posts: 4

Hello All, I am looking to buy Honda Oddyssey Touring Elite 2014 in Northern California, please let me know what would be the good price before taxes and registration? Thanks

• h22a1h22a1 Member Posts: 10

I was told by my sales guy that Honda does not offer flex cash this month. Have anyone heard this news?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

@h22a1 said:
    I was told by my sales guy that Honda does not offer flex cash this month. Have anyone heard this news?

I'm not sure about flex cash, but there is a new "Spring into Summer" program for dealers, that gives them $500 per unit sold, assuming their sales targets are reached for the May/June period.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dicejamdicejam Member Posts: 9
    Getting 2014 Honda Odessey EX-L with navigation for 34,995 out of the door. What do you think.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

@dicejam said:
    Getting 2014 Honda Odessey EX-L with navigation for 34,995 out of the door. What do you think.

Hard to qualify .. can you break down the selling price, fees, taxes?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

In va - 1550 for title, tags and registration (2 years), 200 dealer fee, so 33,245 for selling price. Does that help!

Edit:title, tax and registration

• rags10rags10 Member Posts: 7

dicejam - sounds like a good deal to me. I am looking for a 2014 Honda Odyssey EXL with RES. Can you please share the dealer details.

• inteplayerinteplayer Member Posts: 8

5/18/14 just pick up my EX-L No Nav no RES, I don't like that price I got , but I need the car in hurry so... $35825 OTD, in Los Angeles area. FYI