Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New cars with manual transmission

churwitzchurwitz Member Posts: 14
edited March 2014 in General

It's getting so hard to find cars with manual transmission. I'm looking for a new 2014 or 2015 car with leather seats and manual transmission. There are some Crossovers which only have the base model with manual, thus no leather seats:

• Mitsubishi Outlander Sport
  • Mazda CX-5 Sport
  • Nissan Juke Nismo
  • Volkswagen Tiguan

Then there some cars that are smaller than what I'm looking for:

• Hyundai Elantra GT
  • Kia Forte5 SX
  • Mini Countryman/Paceman

Then there are a few luxury cars:

• Cadillac ATS
  • Audi A4
  • Acura TSX/ILX
  • BMW 3-series

Subaru has a few with manual transmission too (WRX or low-end of some other models)

Any other manual transmissions out there worth a look? Particularly on the luxury or smaller SUV side of things.

Best Answer

Answers

• rm2008rm2008 Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2014

One other thing to note is that there may not be too many manual equipped cars on the dealer lots. It may take some searching around but stick with it (no pun intended :) My pick of the list would be the Acura TSX. It is soon to be replaced by the TLX (keep that in mind if this is an issue for you) but this means the dealer may be more willing to negotiate to get rid of the existing stock. This car is a nice blend of price, luxury, fuel economy and reliability.

Good luck!
    Ron Montoya, Consumer Advice Editor

• clachnitclachnit Member Posts: 35

Hey, rm2008: churwitz found the Acura TSX without any help from me! Great point about its value as an outgoing model!

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

We've had nothing but manuals in our house since 1979. having to learn to drive a stick really made the kids good drivers as they had to pay attention to what's happening with the car and not just "step and go". I don't know that manuals will ever go away, but I bet the kids will have a harder time finding them down the road!