Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

Even if I buy something a few years old, I'll still have to finance it. As long as I'm makin payments, it might as well be on something new.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724

I am officially at the point of needing to make a choice buying out my current lease or move on to a new lease. I am over my miles for the lease term by about 4k. I am hoping that they go easy on me if I choose to trade into a new lease. I might be able to get a good deal since sales have been low due to a bad winter! I keep adding the miles on, but each month I pay down on the term. I am thinking that I want an SEL this time. There really isn't any other VW I want. I love the Jetta. I have a 2011 Jetta SE, conv/rf

What would you guys do? I am thinking that I would like to trade just so that I am back to new again. Plus if I finance I have another chunk of years left to pay off. I know, because I still have my 2008 Jetta.

@stickguy said:

that could work. Or buy something a few years old and not worry about being tied to the lease. In either case, spreading the miles around makes sense. I am trying to do that now with my TL, since that is so miled up already it is like "found money", and with all the emergency trips I was doing (and not having a 2nd car for the last 8 months) the RDX was piling them up fast.

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,511

Well first get it appraised to see what it is worth, and look for similar cars for sale. That should tell you if it is a good deal or not. And no matter what you do you will be financing for the next 3 years.

Goo chance though you come out ahead on a release. Lots of issues can get buried in that. Possible to swap into a new one now and have payment go down. Plus a vastly improved engine!

Check early. They may be able to do a pull forward and swap you out early.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Yes, I am definitely going to try. I attempted to trade back in the fall, but my local dealer was extremely high pressured. I never returned. I have seen the same cars there, so maybe they will be willing to move. Though, I wonder if I want a car that has been buried in ice, salt and snow for months here in Indiana!? I am thinking a new model off the truck. I will let you know what happens.

You can pick something fresh off the lot. When we got the Jetta last month the weather was horrible but our unit was so new off the truck it was still where they dropped it with all the white plastic still on it.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

The Jetta SE/SEL has a good lease program, this month...

.00004 MF and 51% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease, with $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

that is certainly a low MF. Might have saved money getting one this month instead of last!

@stickguy said:
    that is certainly a low MF. Might have saved money getting one this month instead of last!

After you get the car, stop looking at the new numbers.. ;-)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for the update and info about the latest incentives! How should I go about making sure the dealer is willing to work with me with this deal? The last time I went in there; they ran me over. I never went back. Hence, why I am still in my current lease. I currently pay $350 for my SE, should I be able to get them around this amount? What is a good lease payment for an SEL? Realistically so I am not taking advantage of them and so I am not asking too much.
    Thank you guys!!

Thank you for the update and info about the latest incentives! How should I go about making sure the dealer is willing to work with me with this deal? The last time I went in there; they ran me over. I never went back. Hence, why I am still in my current lease. I currently pay $350 for my SE, should I be able to get them around this amount? What is a good lease payment for an SEL? Realistically so I am not taking advantage of them and so I am not asking too much.
    Thank you guys!!

• audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52

KYFDX looking for help again (you helped me immensly on prior BMW and Audi leases) . This is for my daughter leasing a VW Jetta S. Got a price quote of $15,420 (includes a special $500 rebate for attending a car show) for a Jetta with automatic that MSRP'd for $18,815.
    For both 24 and 36 month 10k miles leases, can you provide the money factor, and redsidual value percentages? I am trying to get a lease for $145 a month (not including taxes) with just $1,000 drive off. It looks like I might be close .

@audieddy said:
    KYFDX looking for help again (you helped me immensly on prior BMW and Audi leases) . This is for my daughter leasing a VW Jetta S. Got a price quote of $15,420 (includes a special $500 rebate for attending a car show) for a Jetta with automatic that MSRP'd for $18,815.
    For both 24 and 36 month 10k miles leases, can you provide the money factor, and redsidual value percentages? I am trying to get a lease for $145 a month (not including taxes) with just $1,000 drive off. It looks like I might be close .

.00018 MF and 55% for 36mo. 10K/yr. $1000 lease cash.

24 month residual is 66%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rmc03rmc03 Member Posts: 5

Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Jetta SE Sedan

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

@rmc03 said:
    Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Jetta SE Sedan

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

.00004 MF and 58% residual. $1250 lease cash. Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sendogsendog Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds would you be so kind to share the money factor and residuals for:

2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn w/ Nav (DSG) and the 2014 Jetta GLI Edition 30 w/ Nav (DSG)

Many thanks!

@sendog said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds would you be so kind to share the money factor and residuals for:

2014 Jetta GLI Autobahn w/ Nav (DSG) and the 2014 Jetta GLI Edition 30 w/ Nav (DSG)

Many thanks!

.00031 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

As far as I can tell, all GLI models have the same program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay, got a quote. Trading in my 2011 Jetta SE conv/rf. for a 2014 Jetta SE roof, con. 48mth, 12k, $0 due, $350 a month. Same payment as my 2011 lease. Does this sound okay. I wanted to upgrade to the SEL, but is that realistic.I wanted to upgrade since with each lease I like to get a step up from the past. They are giving me 10,500 for the 2011 Jetta. What do you guys think? Deal? Or try to get something better. Thank you as always!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997

@bvdj84 said:
    Okay, got a quote. Trading in my 2011 Jetta SE conv/rf. for a 2014 Jetta SE roof, con. 48mth, 12k, $0 due, $350 a month. Same payment as my 2011 lease. Does this sound okay. I wanted

upgrade to the SEL, but is that realistic.I wanted to upgrade since with each lease I like to get a step up from the past. They are giving me 10,500 for the 2011 Jetta. What do you guys think? Deal? Or try to get something better. Thank you as always!

Can you provide the MSRP, selling price, money factor and residual for the 2014 SE?

Also, what's the payoff on the 2011? Are they rolling negative equity into your new lease?

Is the $0 due really no money out of pocket, even for fees? True sign and drive?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yes, I will get that today. My pay off is about 14,500. They said it was $0 down deal, no first payment. $350 with taxes. I am not sure what selling price. I would actually like to know. I am having a much better experience with them. But, the deal may not be as good as I think. Can I get a lower payment or would I be asking too much? I will get the other info about the lease.

@bvdj84 said:
    Yes, I will get that today. My pay off is about 14,500. They said it was $0 down deal, no first payment. $350 with taxes. I am not sure what selling price. I would actually like to know. I am having a much better experience with them. But, the deal may not be as good as I think. Can I get a lower payment or would I be asking too much? I will get the other info about the lease.

Yes, I think getting a break down of all the numbers would be a good next step, especially with the trade involved.

With the numbers revealed, we can then determine if there is any room to lower the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Selling price is $21,900
    Residual is 46%
    The money factor is less than 1%.

Is this good? True car has average at 22,400.

@bvdj84 said:
    Selling price is $21,900
    Residual is 46%
    The money factor is less than 1%.

Is this good? True car has average at 22,400.

The residual quoted is spot on. The money factor I've got is .00056, or 1.34%. Rolling in $3000 of negative equity absolutely raises the monthly payment.

I get a pre-tax amount of $320.07 for 48 months. With 9% sales tax that comes to $348.87.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2014

So, would you recommend doing this or just keep my current lease-get a loan on it. I am so confused or stumped on what I should do. Should I just trade? I wanted to lease again to avoid a loan with extended insurance coverage. My salesman wanted an answer from me today. He text me. I think they are trying to help.

@bvdj84 said:
    So, would you recommend doing this or just keep my current lease-get a loan on it. I am so confused or stumped on what I should do. Should I just trade? I wanted to lease again to avoid a loan with extended insurance coverage. My salesman wanted an answer from me today. He text me. I think they are trying to help.

When does your current lease expire? If you wait until then, you can turn it in and not worry about negative equity rolling into your next lease.

If you like the '14 enough to continue with the same payment as you're making now, then pull the trigger.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2014

That's the issue. I am over my miles! Hence the negative equity. Also I am a little shocked on how the values of the 2011 jettas. They are lower that I would expect. I will be moving closer to work, so mileage won't be an issue as much. Is there any other VW leasing really well like the Jetta? I think trading is best, but feel silly trading for the same car. That is why I feel odd about it all. I know people do this all the time though. my current lease not due until Dec 2014 with a max of 48,000 miles. I have 52,700. Thank you so much for the advice!! ;) Appreciate it!!!

@bvdj84 said:
    That's the issue. I am over my miles! Hence the negative equity. Also I am a little shocked on how the values of the 2011 jettas. They are lower that I would expect. I will be moving closer to work, so mileage won't be an issue as much. Is there any other VW leasing really well like the Jetta? I think trading is best, but feel silly trading for the same car. That is why I feel odd about it all. I know people do this all the time though. my current lease not due until Dec 2014 with a max of 48,000 miles. I have 52,700. Thank you so much for the advice!! ;) Appreciate it!!!

Ah - now I get it. At lease end you'll have to either A) cough up the excess mileage charges; B) buy the car outright, or C) find an amenable dealer who will eat some of that negative equity to get you into something new.

VW has been pushing the Jetta and Passat heavily for some time now; I don't see other VW models that have the same level of lease support on them.

If you are keeping the same payment as you have now, and can drive a car that is 3 model years newer, that may be the best way to go.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Keep in mind it is not the same car. The new power train is a vast improvement and the interior (and telematics) have been upgraded. It just looks the same!

Okay! Thank you for the information!! This has helped greatly!!! This all confirms that they are wanting to help. Ideally I was wanting a lower payment. But it doesn't look like it's possible. I am wanting to move and consolidate. They did mention wanting to move more cars. I will update you on my choice.

At least with the upgrade you have cost certainty. 2 years free maintenance and covered by warranty. As a bonus, better MPg!

That is very true! The dealer is telling me I have through to Monday for current incentive. Though, I am sure itll remain similar for April. But, dealer wants to beat their record this month. I am thinking I want to trade for the reason of warranty, avoid a big loan. The 2014 does have a few more features too! Though, they will have to go find an SE with a roof. They don't have one. Now, its picking the color. I love my white gold! I was thinking black?!, with cornsilk. I have cornsilk now and love it.

@bvdj84 said:
    That is very true! The dealer is telling me I have through to Monday for current incentive. Though, I am sure itll remain similar for April. But, dealer wants to beat their record this month. I am thinking I want to trade for the reason of warranty, avoid a big loan. The 2014 does have a few more features too! Though, they will have to go find an SE with a roof. They don't have one. Now, its picking the color. I love my white gold! I was thinking black?!, with cornsilk. I have cornsilk now and love it.

Never a good idea to assume that the incentives will carry over from one month to the next. It will probably be the end of this week or the beginning of next week before we have the April numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited March 2014

What are the chances of me getting a SEL deal similar to this? I have seen several on ebay posted for very close price to SE. They have plenty of these on their lot, but no SE with roof at all. They would have to send a driver to go get it.

@bvdj84 said:
    What are the chances of me getting a SEL deal similar to this? I have seen several on ebay posted for very close price to SE. They have plenty of these on their lot, but no SE with roof at all. They would have to send a driver to go get it.

If you don't ask, you don't get. Can't hurt to try. You might want to see if there are any posts on the "Jetta Prices Paid" discussion to see if the pricing you want is possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

No recent posts. Though someone had a lease quote for around my deal. Is it worth going for the SEL. Truly. The nav would be nice, but it might be overkill. Though, the dealer just told me they got 2 new fresh off the truck. Still no SE with roof. As you can tell, I move slow to make a deal. I just want the best deal.

@bvdj84 said:
    No recent posts. Though someone had a lease quote for around my deal. Is it worth going for the SEL. Truly. The nav would be nice, but it might be overkill. Though, the dealer just told me they got 2 new fresh off the truck. Still no SE with roof. As you can tell, I move slow to make a deal. I just want the best deal.

A good deal on the wrong car won't work, nor will a bad deal on the right car. Keep us informed as to how everything turns out.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

update: Now they have stated that there is 2,000 extra to play with. They are willing to lose money and meet their month goal. ;). True or not, but now they stated they can go $350 for SEL or $20 less for the SE. What would you do. Keep in mind I am wanting to be practically and move closer to work this year. I asked what the 2k would do to payment and this is what they replied with.

Update: Now they offered me $299 including tax, $0 down, 36mth, 12k a year lease on an SEL. Deal or no deal? I am actually shocked they are down that low! I wonder how low they can go on an SE, but they have none with roof.

@bvdj84 said:
    Update: Now they offered me $299 including tax, $0 down, 36mth, 12k a year lease on an SEL. Deal or no deal? I am actually shocked they are down that low! I wonder how low they can go on an SE, but they have none with roof.

They are really trying to make some sort of volume bonus if they are offering you an SEL for under $300/mo.

If you're happy with the deal - remember, you were shooting for $350/mo on an SE - and there aren't any tricks with the negative equity in your current car, it looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I know right!! Looks too good to be true! It is actually saving me $50 to trade though. I was shocked to get a reply with this. I do need to ask how my trade and negative equity is factoring into it all.

What are April's Residuals and money factor? I didn't complete a deal yet. They said that they are still aggressive like last month. I just knew they wouldn't drop their incentives when sales are lower. Please update me with incentives too. Atleast now I can slow down and do this with less rush.

@bvdj84 said:
    What are April's Residuals and money factor? I didn't complete a deal yet. They said that they are still aggressive like last month. I just knew they wouldn't drop their incentives when sales are lower. Please update me with incentives too. Atleast now I can slow down and do this with less rush.

I'm sorry, we don't have the April numbers just yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I would jump on that SEL deal.

@bvdj84 said:

.00040 MF and 51% residual for the SEL with 36mo, 15K/yr. $1250 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Is this still as good or better than March incentives? Is this the same on the SE with roof? I am on the fence on which model to get SE or SEL.

I would do the SEL just for the full power seat. Nicer interior too and a few more goodies.

Yes, Does a higher residual equal a better deal? It seems a few digits higher than March?

higher residual should mean lower payment (all other factors being equal), since it essentially means you are paying lower depreciation. Of course, at the end the buyout will be higher, if that matters.

@bvdj84 said:
    Is this still as good or better than March incentives? Is this the same on the SE with roof? I am on the fence on which model to get SE or SEL.

The programs for the SE and SEL are indentical.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sendogsendog Member Posts: 2

Are there updated programs on the Edition 30 GLI w/ Nav?

Last month it was:
    57% residual for 12k/yr.

@sendog said:
    Are there updated programs on the Edition 30 GLI w/ Nav?

Last month it was:
    57% residual for 12k/yr.

Residuals are the same for April; MF looks to have increased to .00057

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.