Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 CR-V automatic on and off headlights

guysciguysci Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Honda
Thinking of buying either a 2013 LX or EX CR-V. Literature indicates that fully automatic headlights (go on and off by themselves) can only be gotten on the EXL model. Salespeople tell me that it is standard on BOTH the EX and EXL. This is contradictory to the literature.
I would greatly appreciate someone who own a 2013 EX to clear up this confusion based on your personal experience.
(I do understand that the LX has only automatic off.)

Comments

• walnut_edwalnut_ed Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a CR-V Ex. It comes with auto headlights. Auto on and auto off.
  • guysciguysci Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information!
    I had even called Honda Corporation, waited 15 minutes on the phone while the person researched the answer, and customer service could not confirm that the CR-V Ex definitely has fully automatic headlights. The company certainly needs to update their print out information and literature so that prospective customers know what they are getting.
    Glad you could clear this up for me.
  • tommyboy69tommyboy69 Member Posts: 1

Yes The 2012 Crv EX Has the Auto Lights On/Off,You Can Set The Sensitivity On The Menu From The Steering Wheel,for The LightsTo Come On,And Up To 90 Seconds to Shut Off.

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Yep, our 2013 EX CRV has auto lights.

At first, I considered them a silly and unnecessary thing but I kinda like them now.

I know I wouldn't pay extra for them if they were available as an accessory.