Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Kia Soul Interior & Passenger Comfort Questions

jonathannjonathann Member Posts: 55
edited May 2014 in Kia
We just purchased a Kia Soul 4u (Canadian version of the Exclaim). We are very happy with the vehicle and wondered if the Soul comes with door locks that automatically lock at 10 mph?

My wife has a Hyundai Santa Fe that has this feature but it was not activated at delivery. The dealer knew nothing about it. I found out about the feature on the Edmunds Santa Fe discussion and we had the dealer activate the feaure.

I thought maybe the Soul also has this feature available, but the dealer is unaware of it.

Does anyone know?

Comments

• twan1981krktwan1981krk Member Posts: 1
    at first the battery was down and we replaced it but we make a mistake on joining the new battery by crossing + to - by wrong!!! now where we close back doors it's lock imminently and the main control not work to open it.
    Pleas I need your advice and solution to how repear it.
    I'm in Iraq
  • serge_fourierserge_fourier Member Posts: 1

Potential safety hazard detected with Drivers side Heated seat. I owned a 2010 Kia Soul and noted lately that the drivers side heated seat was overheating to the point of being uncomfortable. I later noticed a thin and irritating smoke in the cabin of my Soul. Upon further inspection, I noticed the heated seat element had burned a hole throughout the seat fabrics. I have advised de local Kia dealer, Canada Kia customer service and Transport Canada. Beside interaction with the Kia Dealer, only Transport Canada contacted me forthwith to investigate. Kia Canada has not contacted me yet; I applaud Transport Canada for a quick response in investigating this matter further. 
So Kia Soul owner be aware check your heated seat. Is there any one else that has encounter such a problem? Please let me know ! And advise your local MOT.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

@serge_fourier said:
    Potential safety hazard detected with Drivers side Heated seat.

Good thing you're observant! Keep us posted on how things progress. I imagine it will take a little time before you would get action at a corporate level, but it sounds like your dealer and Transport Canada are looking out for you.

• cowgirlinsandcowgirlinsand Member Posts: 7

@jonathann said:
    We just purchased a Kia Soul 4u (Canadian version of the Exclaim). We are very happy with the vehicle and wondered if the Soul comes with door locks that automatically lock at 10 mph?

My wife has a Hyundai Santa Fe that has this feature but it was not activated at delivery. The dealer knew nothing about it. I found out about the feature on the Edmunds Santa Fe discussion and we had the dealer activate the feaure.

I thought maybe the Soul also has this feature available, but the dealer is unaware of it.

Does anyone know?

The USA Exclaim with Whole Shabang has a settings menu where various items can be set. Go into the settings and you can change the doors to have them lock automatically as well as having the horn honk or be silent when locking unlocking, programing the lights function...etc.
    Join a Canadian Soul forum and often the users will post what page in your manual.

Disagree that the 2014 has lots of wind noise on the freeway UNLESS the sunroof is popped up or open. Quieter than any other small vehicle I tested, and quieter than most of the SUVs as well. For a car it's length the ride is ok and much better than most competitors including Mini Countryman, Fiat, Nissan Sentra, ... I do have the large 18" wheels, ride is stiff but not harsh, better than my other vehicle, small SUV with 17" wheels.
    Have gotten comments on how it feels more like a luxury vehicle with the quality of the interior and quietness.

• conwelpicconwelpic Member Posts: 600

@jonathann said:

Does anyone know?

you didn't say what year your Soul 4u was, it did not become available till the 2012 model year, but it activates when you put it in drive or reverse not at a set kmph. I have a 2012 4u. The all new 2014 models have adjustments on the supervision cluster on the SX models.