Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi A5 Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
edited May 2015 in Audi
To discuss the latest details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Audi A5 Lease Questions forum.
You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds 2015 Audi A5 page.

To see all forums discussions about the Audi A5, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Audi A5 discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• rshe8958rshe8958 Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at an A5, premium plus, audi assist only. What are the current money factors and residuals?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    2014 A5 Premium Plus 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00124 MF and 54% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• oombaktwoayoombaktwoay Member Posts: 3
    What is the residual & MF to lease this car for 36mo/30k miles? What about 36/36?
  • rshe8958rshe8958 Member Posts: 4
    What is the current MF & Residual for a 2014 A5 lease for 36 mo/12K?

Thank you.
  • crecre Member Posts: 1
    Does the money factor and residual value change if the car is a manual transmission.

What would the money factor and residual value be for a 2014 A5 Manual Trans, Premium Plus, with navigation, 36 months and 15k/year?

And then with the same car, only for a 2013, what is the money factor and residual value

Thanks
    2014 S5 Convertible Premium Plus 36mo, 10K/yr lease
    .00119 MF and 58% residual Subtract 1% for 12K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

2014 A5 Coupe Premium Plus 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00124 MF and 56% residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

No... manual transmission has no effect on the residual.

See the post above this one... subtract 2% from the residual for 15K/yr lease.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• oombaktwoayoombaktwoay Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the information.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,356
    Hello

Do you have the rates for a Premium and Premium Plus if they are different?

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• whackedwhacked Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

Do you have the current MF/Residual for the A5 Premium Plus, Auto, 36 months/10K?

Thanks!
    2014 A5 Premium Plus 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    .00124 MF and 54% residual (the same for Premium)

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

See post directly above... Add 3% for 10K/yr residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• regalsregals Member Posts: 9

can I get residual rate and money factor for 2014 Audi A5 Cabriolet Prestige? I'm thinking of 3 years / 10k per year, but are there any incentives for less than 3 years?

.00111 MF and 53% residual

There is no advantage in going with a shorter term, but if you get Premium Plus instead of Prestige, the residual is 3% higher.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shunx91shunx91 Member Posts: 4

Hi, Can someone confirm this lease rate for me?

12/27/2013 9:52:02 2014 a5 48months 15k 60% residual 0.00079 money factor. This seems to be a really good deal and I have no way to verify this, a lot of Audi dealers won't disclose the numbers. Thank you and good luck to everyone else shopping right now.

Tim

Where did you get those numbers? They don't look anywhere close to correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dan412dan412 Member Posts: 26

Happy new year everyone! Any idea if the MF and residual for a 2014 A5 Premium Plus (36mo lease at 10K/yr) will remain at .00124 MF and 57% for the rest of Jan 2014?

Thanks

The current numbers have been in effect for 3 months, and end on January 2nd. While I have no insight on where they are going, I would expect them to change on January 3rd.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• calvn911calvn911 Member Posts: 1

As far as I know the new Audi rates were released this morning, may i get the RV and the MF for 2014 S5 premium plus @10k? 42 and 48 months please. Much appreciated.

December rates were extended through Tuesday, January 7th... We usually get the new numbers about a week after they become current.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

do you have new rates yet for A5 cab Prestige, 3 year lease, 12k miles?

2014 A5 Convertible Prestige 36mo, 12K/yr lease (non-Quattro)?

.00083 MF and 49% residual.

Premium Plus trim line residual is 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

sorry, 2014 a5 convertible prestige 36 month, 12k / year with quattro, thanks

.00093 MF and 51% residual

Premium Plus residual is 54%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wahinekawiwahinekawi Member Posts: 1

Do you have this month's new lease rates for the A5 coupe premium/premium plus for 36 months, 10K/year ? Thanks.

2014 A5 Coupe Premium/Premium Plus 36mo, 10K/yr lease

.00106 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• serephsereph Member Posts: 2

Do you have this month's new lease rates for the A5 coupe prestige for 36 months, 12K/year ? Thanks.

.00106 MF and 51% residual.

Premium Plus residual if 4% higher.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• psquaredpsquared Member Posts: 17

Looking for Feb. rates on the A5 convertible quattro tip premium plus 36/39/42 10/12k. Thanks

@psquared said:
    Looking for Feb. rates on the A5 convertible quattro tip premium plus 36/39/42 10/12k. Thanks

.00093 MF and 54% for 36mo, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr

.00113 MF and 52% for 39/12, .00113 MF and 50% for 42/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• serephsereph Member Posts: 2

Thanks kyfdx! My search is going into March now sigh. Did the MF/Residual change this month for the coupe, prestige package? Or did it stay the same?

@sereph said:
    Thanks kyfdx! My search is going into March now sigh. Did the MF/Residual change this month for the coupe, prestige package? Or did it stay the same?

The numbers haven't changed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ryankchenryankchen Member Posts: 3

Hey kyfdx,

Could you tell me the numbers for a A5 Premium 36 mo. 12k/yr lease? Thanks very much!

@ryankchen said:
    Hey kyfdx,

Could you tell me the numbers for a A5 Premium 36 mo. 12k/yr lease? Thanks very much!

.00103 MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the quick answer! I'm wondering, how is MF decided? The dealer seems to be quoting me using a 0.002992 MF. Where does the discrepancy between that and the 0.00103 come from?

@ryankchen said:
    Thanks for the quick answer! I'm wondering, how is MF decided? The dealer seems to be quoting me using a 0.002992 MF. Where does the discrepancy between that and the 0.00103 come from?

I'd say there is a communication problem between you and the dealership... There isn't likely to be a money factor that goes to 6 digits past the decimal point. They might be marking up the money factor for extra profit, but they would never come up with that number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx! You were right, it was not that high, I got the calculation wrong. Their quoted MF is actually 0.00152 which is much closer to 0.00103 than what I originally thought.

I suppose I'll try to get them as close to 0.00103 as possible haha. Thanks a lot.

• yrjwyrjw Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2014
    Could you please tell me the numbers for a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe 36 mo & 42 mo. 12k/yr lease for march? Thanks very much!

@yrjw said:
    Could you please tell me the numbers for a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe 36 mo & 42 mo. 12k/yr lease for march? Thanks very much!

.00106 MF and 55% residual for 36 mo, 12K/yr

.00126 MF and 51% residual for 42 mo, 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• callalindcallalind Member Posts: 17

Does Audi allow for MSDs? Any idea what the MF deduction is for them?

• callalindcallalind Member Posts: 17

And another question...when calculating lease payments, I have noticed most spreadsheet models I find figure out the monthly rent charge by applying the money factor to the total of the residual value + the negotiated sales price (then divided by the number of months). It seems odd to me that one would be charged rent on the residual portion, since that's not part of the rental. I feel like the rent charge should only be applied to the difference between the residual and the negotiated sales price. Any insight?

@callalind said:
    Does Audi allow for MSDs? Any idea what the MF deduction is for them?

They do... but, I don't

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@callalind said:
    And another question...when calculating lease payments, I have noticed most spreadsheet models I find figure out the monthly rent charge by applying the money factor to the total of the residual value + the negotiated sales price (then divided by the number of months). It seems odd to me that one would be charged rent on the residual portion, since that's not part of the rental. I feel like the rent charge should only be applied to the difference between the residual and the negotiated sales price. Any insight?

Technically, you are being charged finance charges on an average of the CAP cost and residual value... Rather than divide that number by 2, they just account for it with a money factor that is half the number it would be, otherwise. Finance charges on a lease mimic what they would be on a loan. You start out owing the full price, eventually owing the residual value at the end of the lease (which you pay off by turning the car in).

It helps if you visualize what is actually happening when you lease. A bank buys the car from the dealer, then rents it to you.. So, the bank is putting out the full purchase price, and that is what you are paying finance charges on.. but, just like a loan, the payoff comes down some each month (depreciation), until the last month, you are only paying finance charges on the residual. (which is why it's an average of the residual and CAP cost).

You are renting the whole car... not just the depreciation..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• yrjwyrjw Member Posts: 13

Thank you kyfdx! with your help I was able to lease a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe for 36 mo, 12K/yr with 55% residual and 0.00125 MF.(plz tell me this is a good deal) They couldn't do any better with the MF but I was able to get a decent discount on the car! My brand new A5 is intransit from factory and it'll be here by end of this month! Thanks again for you help kyfdx!!

Congrats! Let us know how you like it. I've always thought the A5 looked like a much more expensive vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tomy3tomy3 Member Posts: 46

Looking for the MF and residual % for the Audi A5 Convertible-Premium currently available.

@tomy3 said:
    Looking for the MF and residual % for the Audi A5 Convertible-Premium currently available.

FWD? 36mo, 15K/yr?

.00037 MF and 50% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tampa_leetampa_lee Member Posts: 12

Looking for MF and residual on a 2014 A5 Premium PLus S-Line model for 3yr and 15k miles.yr

• tampa_leetampa_lee Member Posts: 12

@yrjw said: What did you negotiate the selling price to be on this car? I am looking at one now....

Thank you kyfdx! with your help I was able to lease a 2014 A5 Premium plus s-line coupe for 36 mo, 12K/yr with 55% residual and 0.00125 MF.(plz tell me this is a good deal) They couldn't do any better with the MF but I was able to get a decent discount on the car! My brand new A5 is intransit from factory and it'll be here by end of this month! Thanks again for you help kyfdx!!

This discussion has been closed.