Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Fusion Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305

@apodo77 said:
    No trade. I do not have that information. Are there specific numbers I can mention to him that they should be at or ask for what they are?
    Thanks for all the help by the way.

All of the Ford lease information expired yesterday. We don't yet have the April numbers - which could be different from what your dealer is using to quote your payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    drcompdrcomp Member Posts: 23

Hi everyone-
    Thanks for the great info. Question: when the residual value is 58%, for example, is that based on the MSRP or the negotiated price?

I have a local dealer (Mullinax) that shows yellow stickers right on the car with their "no haggle" price. Average savings is 14 percent off MSRP, from what I can see. I'd love to take that price and use the residual % and money factor numbers from this forum to figure out a good lease payment.

Thanks!

• Options

@drcomp said:
    Hi everyone-
    Thanks for the great info. Question: when the residual value is 58%, for example, is that based on the MSRP or the negotiated price?

I have a local dealer (Mullinax) that shows yellow stickers right on the car with their "no haggle" price. Average savings is 14 percent off MSRP, from what I can see. I'd love to take that price and use the residual % and money factor numbers from this forum to figure out a good lease payment.

Thanks!

The residual is always based off the MSRP. The no haggle price is used to figure out the depreciation portion of the payment.

For example, if the MSRP is $30k and the residual is 60% for 30 months, then the depreciation each month is $400. However, if the no haggle price is $27k, then the depreciation each month is only $300.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    apodo77apodo77 Member Posts: 6

Any update on the April numbers? Heading in to get a car on Saturday (losing my company car tomorrow).

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

@apodo77 said:
    Any update on the April numbers? Heading in to get a car on Saturday (losing my company car tomorrow).

1.25% MF and 47% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr on the Energi SE. The $4007 lease cash is still in place.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    1.25% MF and 47% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr on the Energi SE. The $4007 lease cash is still in place.

1.25% seems high vs previous posts.

Thanks for the information.

• Options
    edited April 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:

This is what the internet sales manager wrote back in an email:

I'll show you the math. It's on an incentive sheet "called a Vincient"

64% for 24 months, and 55% for 36 for the residual

• Options

@apodo77 said:

Probably through a different bank..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Probably through a different bank..

Probably. Got my Fusion Energi today and it was indeed 47% for the residual.

• Options
    jr19jr19 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014

Hi - Everyone, wondering if I could grab some thoughts about this lease deal I'm considering for a Fusion Energi SE (no trade in).
    MSRP: $36,880;
    Lease Incentive: $4,257;
    Down Payment: $1,000;
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $29,957;
    Money Factor: .0002 (APR 0.5%);
    Residual: 56%;
    Residual amount: $20,653;
    Term: 24months, 15k miles;
    Monthly Payment: $430 (including tax)

Thanks for the insight, JR

• Options

@jr19 said:
    Hi - Everyone, wondering if I could grab some thoughts about this lease deal I'm considering for a Fusion Energi SE (no trade in).
    MSRP: $36,880;
    Lease Incentive: $4,257;
    Down Payment: $1,000;
    Adjusted Cap Cost: $29,957;
    Money Factor: .0002 (APR 0.5%);
    Residual: 56%;
    Residual amount: $20,653;
    Term: 24months, 15k miles;
    Monthly Payment: $430 (including tax)

Thanks for the insight, JR

I get a payment of $398/mo. plus tax.. so, depending on your tax rate, that seems correct.

If you go to 36 months, you can knock about $23/mo. off the payment.. but, not sure you want to get out of warranty with an electric.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jr19jr19 Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the help, the tax rate in CA is 8%. Lucky us right.

• Options
    dmaz481dmaz481 Member Posts: 34

Thinking of leasing a ford fusion. I got these Numbers.. Can anyone tell me what they think.. For a 2014 Ford Fusion

13,500 miles per year
    .25% money factor
    $2,000 trade allowance
    $26,859.58 cap cost
    -$750 rebate
    $26,109.58 is what you are paying.
    $16,552.25 is the residual for 36 months at 13,500 miles per year.

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Thinking of leasing a ford fusion. I got these Numbers.. Can anyone tell me what they think.. For a 2014 Ford Fusion

13,500 miles per year
    .25% money factor
    $2,000 trade allowance
    $26,859.58 cap cost
    -$750 rebate

.25% is the MF for 36 month leases, so that wasn't marked up by the dealer.

What trim level (S, SE, Titanium) is this for - they have different residual numbers.

Also, what was the MSRP of the vehicle?

Was the $2000 trade allowance used to reduce the cap cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    Was the $2000 trade allowance used to reduce the cap cost?

The msrp is 29,305. This is an SE black rim wheels, leather,heated seats,backup screen sunroof. The 2000 is being used mostly for fees I think, not sure.

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    The msrp is 29,305. This is an SE black rim wheels, leather,heated seats,backup screen sunroof. The 2000 is being used mostly for fees I think, not sure.

Hmmm, the residual on the SE for 13,500 miles is 55% - when I apply that to the MSRP, I get a residual value of $16,117.75.

Using those numbers (55% residual and .25% MF) with your MSRP and cap cost, I get a pre-tax payment of $281.94 for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

I forgot to mention that the 299 is the total include my state and excise tax. its all rolled up in one.

Is this a good deal?

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Is this a good deal?

Certainly looks like it. $300/mo for a $30K car is good value.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

It seems like its a 55% percent residual, that works in my favor in getting a lower rate now correct? And if i want to buy it at the end i could negotiate it lower?

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    It seems like its a 55% percent residual, that works in my favor in getting a lower rate now correct? And if i want to buy it at the end i could negotiate it lower?

The higher the residual, the lower the lease payment.

At the end of the lease, most manufacturers will not negotiate the buy out price. You may qualify for special financing rates, but the lease end residual is fixed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Does the money factor of .25% sound reasonable? Can this be negotiated? What does .25% equal out to in interest..

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Does the money factor of .25% sound reasonable? Can this be negotiated? What does .25% equal out to in interest..

The .25% money factor is the base rate for the Fusion SE, so it cannot be negotiated any lower. Ford uses percentages rather than a decimal value ... to convert, divide the .25 by 2400 to get the actual MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

From the dealer:
    With Ford it is not a money factor it is the actual rate, .25% (one quarter of a percent).This is really a great deal for you.
    Apr is the lease rate ( finance charge) .25% is the lowest available on a leaseYour trade is being applied towards the first payment, registration, title fees and the remainder goes towards lowering your payments.

• Options

@dmaz481 said:

From the dealer:
    With Ford it is not a money factor it is the actual rate, .25% (one quarter of a percent).This is really a great deal for you.
    Apr is the lease rate ( finance charge) .25% is the lowest available on a lease. Your trade is being applied towards the first payment, registration, title fees and the remainder goes towards lowering your payments.

I agree with the dealer - this is almost free money!

However, I am a bit concerned with the statement that "the remainder of your trade value goes towards lowering your payments". If this is lowering the cap cost, then it's not a good idea to put money down (or trade equity) in this fashion. If your car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. You're better off getting a check from the dealer for the balance after first payment, registration, title, etc. - even if that means a higher monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Other than that do you think i am getting a great deal and that i should accept it asap? I dont know enough to know if i am even getting a good deal lol

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Other than that do you think i am getting a great deal and that i should accept it asap? I dont know enough to know if i am even getting a good deal lol

If you think it's a good deal, then you should go for it. Like I said earlier, $300/mo for a $30K car is pretty good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Well they are giving me an additional 400 for trade in. and my payments will drop to 288 a month. I think this is a good deal. Any thoughts?

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Well they are giving me an additional 400 for trade in. and my payments will drop to 288 a month. I think this is a good deal. Any thoughts?

Even better ...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    kevhollywood1kevhollywood1 Member Posts: 11

Hi. What are current terms for Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 36-month and 24-month leases at 12k miles/year? Thank you.

• Options

Hi. What are current terms for Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 36-month and 24-month leases at 12k miles/year? Thank you.

• Options
    Does anybody get scared of buying a car, leasing or whatever? I am petrified and don't know what to do, my old car is on the way out though and is a very costly to repair. I'm just nervous as hell
  • Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Does anybody get scared of buying a car, leasing or whatever? I am petrified and don't know what to do, my old car is on the way out though and is a very costly to repair. I'm just nervous as hell

Buying or leasing a car is the second largest purchase most people make (after a house), so it's natural to be nervous about it. The only way to reduce the nervousness is to make sure you understand completely every line item in the contract - that's what we're here for!

From what you've posted, it looks like you've got a good deal in front of you. If you're comfortable with the terms, then you should sign and enjoy your new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2014

@kevhollywood1 said:
    Hi. What are current terms for Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 36-month and 24-month leases at 12k miles/year? Thank you.

Hi. What are current terms for Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium 36-month and 24-month leases at 12k miles/year? Thank you.

36 month terms:

Fusion Titanium AWD - .25% and 57%

Fusion Hybrid Titanium - 3.75% and 60%

24 month terms:

Fusion Titanium AWD - .25% and 66%

Fusion Hybrid Titanium - 3.25% and 69%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

Thanks Michelle. That's a huge difference in MF between the regular and hybrid models. Any idea why?

• Options

@kevhollywood1 said:
    Thanks Michelle. That's a huge difference in MF between the regular and hybrid models. Any idea why?

Nope - unless Ford thinks that the regular Fusion needs more support to compete against the Accord, Altima, Camry, etc.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2014
    So now they made me an offer for 284 month.. Am I crazy not to take it on a 30,000 car?
  • Options

@dmaz481 said:
    So now they made me an offer for 284 month.. Am I crazy not to take it on a 30,000 car?

Well, if they keep coming down in payment every couple of days, eventually they will get to a number that you're comfortable with.

But, $284/mo for a $30K car is darn good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Dealer said
    "I understand it is a big decision, you are at $284 x 36 with $2,400 for the trade. That is a very low payment by today’s standards including all the taxes."

Now I'm wondering why they are willing to go so low on expensive car. Something wrong with it?
  • Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Dealer said
    "I understand it is a big decision, you are at $284 x 36 with $2,400 for the trade. That is a very low payment by today’s standards including all the taxes."

Now I'm wondering why they are willing to go so low on expensive car. Something wrong with it?

Nope - they are being aggressive as they are probably trying to hit a volume target for bonuses.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2014

Think i could get them to go down more? He seems adamant that is the best he can do and told me to stop wheeling and dealing them. They are also including a remote start for free. Im unsure if i want 13,500 miles or 15,000

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Think i could get them to go down more? He seems adamant that is the best he can do and told me to stop wheeling and dealing them. They are also including a remote start for free. Im unsure if i want 13,500 miles or 15,000

It's hard to know if a dealer has more room to negotiate. Your payment should not increase much if you go with the higher miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

I think its a good deal, but i don't think its the greatest. I have never leased before so I am little nervous. To put 15,000 miles it would be 293 a month. I have never negotiated a car before so no idea if I am getting a good deal, or not. I think its a decent deal but not the best. I feel like they could do more. Like 20k miles for 293. Another dealer offered me the same exact car, at the same price but with more features. This dealer became slightly irritated and said he didn't want any more back and fourth or the deal was off. He matched the trade in value but the other car still had almost 1,300 worth of equipment. I think he should have done alittle more to match the offer.

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    I think its a good deal, but i don't think its the greatest. I have never leased before so I am little nervous. To put 15,000 miles it would be 293 a month. I have never negotiated a car before so no idea if I am getting a good deal, or not. I think its a decent deal but not the best. I feel like they could do more. Like 20k miles for 293. Another dealer offered me the same exact car, at the same price but with more features. This dealer became slightly irritated and said he didn't want any more back and fourth or the deal was off. He matched the trade in value but the other car still had almost 1,300 worth of equipment. I think he should have done alittle more to match the offer.

I'm not sure there is anything else I can do for you. If you don't feel it's a good deal, don't sign the contract. The nice part about buying a car is that, in the end, you have all the power - you can walk away. If the dealer doesn't chase after you, then you can be pretty certain that you've gotten their best offer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cwilkins59cwilkins59 Member Posts: 6
    How does this look for a SE 2.0. MSRP 27,885, selling price 25,245.99 (z plan). 1250 rebate, 284.61 advanced payment, 168.28 upfront charge, 797.11 total cap reduction. $0 down, $268/month 36 mo/ 10,500 miles/yr.
  • Options

@cwilkins59 said:
    How does this look for a SE 2.0. MSRP 27,885, selling price 25,245.99 (z plan). 1250 rebate, 284.61 advanced payment, 168.28 upfront charge, 797.11 total cap reduction. $0 down, $268/month 36 mo/ 10,500 miles/yr.

Is the selling price inclusive of the rebate?

If not, then using the residual of 57% and MF of .0000104, I get a pre-tax payment of $260.19.

I would say that is a pretty good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    cwilkins59cwilkins59 Member Posts: 6
    null
    The rebate should be on top of the 25,245. The 25,245 is the z-plan price from the invoice that I received. What calculator do you use?
  • Options

@cwilkins59 said:
    null
    The rebate should be on top of the 25,245. The 25,245 is the z-plan price from the invoice that I received. What calculator do you use?

So if I deduct the $1250 from that, my new pre-tax price works out to $225.43/mo.

I have a spreadsheet where I load in the following data points:

MSRP

Selling Price (or net capitalized cost)

Residual Pct

Money Factor

Lease Term (in months)

Everything else is calculated using 3rd grade math.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    edited April 2014

Sorry To Bother you again, I am just trying to figure a few things out..Here are my dealers initial numbers

13,500 miles per year
    .25% money factor
    $2,000 trade allowance
    $26,859.58 cap cost
    -$750 rebate

My Math-
    (MSRP)29,305 -2000 (Trade In)=27,305
    27305-750 (Rebate)= 26155
    26155-46=26,109

It seems like he only took 46 dollars of the MSRP price, and the rest is all based on my trade in and a 750 rebate. Does this seem correct? Surely he can take more off the MSRP price than 46 dollars?

How do i find the price a dealer paid for the car?

• Options

@dmaz481 said:
    Sorry To Bother you again, I am just trying to figure a few things out..Here are my dealers initial numbers

13,500 miles per year
    .25% money factor
    $2,000 trade allowance
    $26,859.58 cap cost
    -$750 rebate

My Math-
    (MSRP)29,305 -2000 (Trade In)=27,305
    27305-750 (Rebate)= 26155
    26155-46=26,109

It seems like he only took 46 dollars of the MSRP price, and the rest is all based on my trade in and a 750 rebate. Does this seem correct? Surely he can take more off the MSRP price than 46 dollars?

How do i find the price a dealer paid for the car?

There are pricing tools at the top of the page that will allow you to determine both the invoice price and the true market value (aka average selling price) for your zip code.

Yes, I would think that you could negotiate more than $46 off the MSRP before the rebate and trade were applied.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    gride619gride619 Member Posts: 18

Can you confirm current California residual on a Fusion Energi Titanium is 52% at 36 months and 10.5k/year and 50% at 39 months and 10.5k/year?

This discussion has been closed.