Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Equinox Lease Questions

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited April 2015 in Chevrolet
This discussion is dedicated to 2014 Chevrolet Equinox leasing questions. To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on Edmunds 2015 Chevrolet Ezuinox page.

In this discussion, you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Equinox, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. You can find local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Chevrolet Equinox page.

To see all forums discussions about the Chevrolet Equinox, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Chevrolet Equinox discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• spagballspagball Member Posts: 20

Still no access to rates? Looking at 2014 AWD LTZ 36/12 in MD.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

@spagball said:
    Still no access to rates? Looking at 2014 AWD LTZ 36/12 in MD.

2.15% MF and 59% residual. $735 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• spagballspagball Member Posts: 20

Thanks again!

• nickdetomasonickdetomaso Member Posts: 12
    Thanks kyfdx! Is the money factor and residual the same for the AWD 2LT?

Also, do you know of any incentives for folks coming off Honda leases?

Thanks in advance!

Those numbers are accurate for all Equinox models. I don't have any conquest incentive information...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gfraz1964gfraz1964 Member Posts: 1

Could you help me with a lease deal on a 2014 1LT AWD with chrome package. MSRP $29909.
    This is the lease offer. $3000 down. Payments of $255 for 36 months. $27928
    57% residual
    3% APR
    $795 lease rebate
    Taxes 6.25% included in the $255.

I have a top off award from gm card for $3000. Should I use this for a down payment or do a zero down lease and have the $3000 taken off the $27928? Is there any difference? Never leased before and am getting very confused.

I don't think it makes any difference on if you apply your GM Card award before or after, the effect will be the same. If you can lease a $30K for $255/mo. with nothing out of your pocket, that's a cheap lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Kyfdx, do you know the new February money factor and residual percentages for a 2LT and LTZ (both with nav) based on 36/12?

Kyfdx - just for clarification - I am interested in V6 AWD models. Thanks!!

@nickdetomaso said:
    Kyfdx, do you know the new February money factor and residual percentages for a 2LT and LTZ (both with nav) based on 36/12?

All Equinox models: 2.15% MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr lease. $735 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• turbo01fireturbo01fire Member Posts: 4

Do you have the March numbers? Doesn't seem like its mattered in previous months but looking at 1LT v6 36mo/12k

@turbo01fire said:
    Do you have the March numbers? Doesn't seem like its mattered in previous months but looking at 1LT v6 36mo/12k

2.15% MF and 59% residual. $475 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39
    Hey guys quick question. When looking on auto trader I see postings with MSRP of lets say 31k and the price they offer (excluding taxes, dealer fees, etc.) Is around 25k. So can I really go by those numbers when planning to lease since obviously a big discrepancy like that between msrp and selling price would be amazing, or will the dealer start blowing smoke up my [non-permissible content removed] and pretty much qoute me numbers almost equal to the MSRP anyways using every excuse in the book.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited April 2014

Depends on the dealer. The difference between MSRP and invoice on an Equinox is around $2,000 and TMV data for this model shows that the dealers pretty much split the difference before incentives. So, when you click the Build Your Own link here for an LTZ with an MSRP of $31,570, you'll wind up with a TMV of $30,440 (that's for a PA zip code and doesn't include the $875 destination).

So how can a dealer quote $25,000? Well, there's holdback and lots of manufacturer bonuses and incentives that we don't know about. (USA Today) But it's up to the dealer whether to pass those savings along to the customer. And like you say, you have to watch out for the fees.

You also have to take into account purchase incentives that may not be available to lease customers. The lease program might have some of those incentives built into the money factors and residuals, rather than in dealer discounts and rebates.

So.. the answer is.. you might get that advertised price when leasing.... but, you might not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Great point - the lease incentives are usually different from purchase ones.

• kazuya_mishimakazuya_mishima Member Posts: 39
    Ok I got it. So instead of displaying the inventives they offer they are already putting them on the sales price. Makes me wonder that even if I finance instead of lease how many of those incentives are "maybe" as opposed to 100%.

Gotta read the fine print. Some dealers will roll military and college grad or conquest rebates into their "advertised" number and then tell you that you don't qualify for some or all of them.

• seanmwelshseanmwelsh Member Posts: 37

Do you have lease information on a 2014 Equinox 36 months 12,000 miles for May? Illinois? Not sold on a specific trim if that makes a difference...

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@seanmwelsh said:
    Do you have lease information on a 2014 Equinox 36 months 12,000 miles for May? Illinois? Not sold on a specific trim if that makes a difference...

1.42% MF and 59%. $725 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• shuhitmanshuhitman Member Posts: 15

Does anyone have lease information for a 2014 Equinox 2LT V6, 36 months 12K miles and 15K miles in NJ? Looking for money factor, residual, any incentives beyond the $2,000 advertised on the site. Kind of surprised this forum doesn't have more activity, are people not looking at these vehicles?

@shuhitman said:
    Does anyone have lease information for a 2014 Equinox 2LT V6, 36 months 12K miles and 15K miles in NJ? Looking for money factor, residual, any incentives beyond the $2,000 advertised on the site. Kind of surprised this forum doesn't have more activity, are people not looking at these vehicles?

1.95% APR and 59%/57% residual. $725 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• MannyHMMannyHM Member Posts: 82
    Here is the numbers from the lease deal I closed on 1/30 for a 2015 Equinox 2LT:

Terms: 24 months 12K miles per year
    Agreed upon value: $29535.13
    Gross capitalized cost: 30,905.62
    MSRP: $32,530
    MF: .0007
    Title, Registration & license fees: $249
    NYS Tire fee: $12.50
    Cap cost reduction: $5,733.12(GM points $3,133.12 lease cash $1,300, GM Loyalty $1,000)
    Down payment: $783.45
    Monthly payment: $146.95

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Chevrolet Equinox Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.