Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Looking to get a 328d in Colorado

easypareasypar Member Posts: 191
edited April 2014 in BMW

OK, I've perused the boards and can't find too many posts on the 3 series diesel. I live in Northern Colorado and am looking to get a 328d to replace my 2010 Subaru Legacy. When I was younger I owned several 1600/2002s and one late 70s 530i. Decided to go back to BMW because, why not?

So far I've spent about 1/2 hour at our local dealer and another hour at the Denver Auto Show. I'm leaning more toward the sedan than either wagon as our other car is a pretty new Subaru Outback. Looking at the various packages (which don't seem as straightforward as other manufacturers) I'm guessing I'm going to end up with an MSRP of about $45-$46,000.

Are there any options, other than leather instead of "leatherette", that anyone considers must haves?

Has anyone gotten a particularly good discount from MSRP?

Has anyone done European delivery lately? If so is it as big, or bigger production than it used to be? How about pricing on the European delivery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

easypar

Comments

• flapjackcrustflapjackcrust Member Posts: 27

@easypar said:
    OK, I've perused the boards and can't find too many posts on the 3 series diesel. I live in Northern Colorado and am looking to get a 328d to replace my 2010 Subaru Legacy. When I was younger I owned several 1600/2002s and one late 70s 530i. Decided to go back to BMW because, why not?

So far I've spent about 1/2 hour at our local dealer and another hour at the Denver Auto Show. I'm leaning more toward the sedan than either wagon as our other car is a pretty new Subaru Outback. Looking at the various packages (which don't seem as straightforward as other manufacturers) I'm guessing I'm going to end up with an MSRP of about $45-$46,000.

Are there any options, other than leather instead of "leatherette", that anyone considers must haves?

Has anyone gotten a particularly good discount from MSRP?

Has anyone done European delivery lately? If so is it as big, or bigger production than it used to be? How about pricing on the European delivery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

easypar

I've been looking at the 328d sedan, too. At the dealership I went to, they've offered me the car at invoice less the $1250 option credit and the $500 eco credit.

Also the salesperson said they may have a demo/service loaner for sale. I haven't gotten confirmation on that, but I was told there would be a significant price reduction from msrp. Anyone have any idea what discount a demo/service loaner should be given? There's about 2000miles on it.

• easypareasypar Member Posts: 191

Thanks for the head-up flapjack. Invoice less the $1250 sounds pretty good. My local dealer has a ton of inventory sitting on their lot so I would think they'd be amenable to dealing, as long as they don't try to jack me on my (probable) trade. I'd think at 2,000 mile on the demo you should get at least another $2,000 at minimum.

Have you read the part on Edmunds about how to buy a new car? It may cover the subject of cost per mile of demo use.

easypar