Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Chevrolet Malibu Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited April 2015 in Chevrolet
This discussion is dedicated to 2014 Chevrolet Malibu leasing questions. To discuss the latest lease deals for the current model, please join us in our 2015 Chevrolet Malibu Lease Questions forum.

Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2014 Malibu, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2014 Chevrolet Malibu page.

To see all forums discussions about the Chevrolet Malibu, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Chevrolet Malibu discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• ricash03ricash03 Member Posts: 1
    CarMan@Edmunds

I have two questions I'm hoping you can help with.

1. Can you provide the base lease rate and residual value for the 2014 Malibu 2LTZ for November 2013? I'm interested in the numbers for both 24/36 months and 10/12/15k miles.

2. Do you know whether GM will allow a buyer to use both preferred pricing (credit union discount in my situation) with the conquest discount?

Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123
    2014 Malibu LTZ 36mo, 15K/yr lease
    2.00% MF and 55% residual.. Add 2% for 12K/yr, add 3% for 10K/yr

24mo, 15K/yr lease
    3.80% MF and 64% residual.. Add 2% for 12K/yr, add 3% for 10K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• aebulbulaebulbul Member Posts: 26
    Hello,

Priced a Malibu 2LT 2014 for $216/month after taxes, $400 DAS. 39 MO/12,000 miles/year. Is this good deal?
  • SlimmsSlimms Member Posts: 41

Any updates to these numbers please? 12k, 2LT and ECO

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,123

@Slimms said:
    Any updates to these numbers please? 12k, 2LT and ECO

Malibu 1LT is 1.79% MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. $1375 lease cash

Malibu w/ 1SA residual is 55% residual. $775 lease cash.

Malibu with neither 1LT or 1SA is 1.79 MF and 57% residual. $775 lease cash.

Hope you can figure out which one relates to your model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nkf2008nkf2008 Member Posts: 88

A lot of dealers still have 2013 Malibu's in stock with as much as 4500$ off cash allowance. Are these cars available to lease or purchase only? Are there any lease numbers available ?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

@nkf2008 said:
    A lot of dealers still have 2013 Malibu's in stock with as much as 4500$ off cash allowance. Are these cars available to lease or purchase only? Are there any lease numbers available ?

I don't have any numbers for 2013 models .. I suspect GM has paid off the dealers with the $4500 to clear them off the lots.

I suspect you can lease them, but through 3rd party finance companies only, and probably not at great rates.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• carbuyer230carbuyer230 Member Posts: 10

Looking at a Malibu 3LT or 2LTZ Turbo. Can someone tell me the MF and residuals for a 36/12k lease for June? Thank you.

@carbuyer230 said:
    Looking at a Malibu 3LT or 2LTZ Turbo. Can someone tell me the MF and residuals for a 36/12k lease for June? Thank you.

1.55% MF and 56%. $1240 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter is looking to talk with someone who recently bought or leased at GM sedan with the help of good incentive offers. If you can help, please shoot a message to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday July 30, 2014.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• drbump471drbump471 Member Posts: 35

Looking at a Malibu 1LT in Indiana. MF and Residual? 36/12k.
    Thanks so much!

@drbump471 said:
    Looking at a Malibu 1LT in Indiana. MF and Residual? 36/12k.
    Thanks so much!

1.55% and 56%. $1840 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bmclark3bmclark3 Member Posts: 14

Hello,

My girlfriend and I need to turn in our 2013 Malibu lease this month. We are in Southwest Florida and are looking at a 1LT for 24mo/15k or 36/15k. We wanted to go with the 2015 but it looks like there are only lease specials for the 2014 model, is that correct? She is also in a graduate degree program and it looks like there is some sort of special pricing available, is that also correct?

Thanks in advance. I'll be contacting several dealers today, just wanted a head's up on the money factor, residual and cap cost reductions on this model.

@bmclark3 said:
    Hello,

My girlfriend and I need to turn in our 2013 Malibu lease this month. We are in Southwest Florida and are looking at a 1LT for 24mo/15k or 36/15k. We wanted to go with the 2015 but it looks like there are only lease specials for the 2014 model, is that correct? She is also in a graduate degree program and it looks like there is some sort of special pricing available, is that also correct?

Thanks in advance. I'll be contacting several dealers today, just wanted a head's up on the money factor, residual and cap cost reductions on this model.

I do have both 2014 and 2015 information on the Malibu.

2015 - 1.60% and 54% for 36/15 with $1000 lease cash; 4.30% and 61% for 24/15 with $1000 lease cash.

2014 - 1.55% and 54% for 36/15 with $1840 lease cash; 4.26% and 61% for 24/15 with $1840 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• MannyHMMannyHM Member Posts: 82
    Can you provide MF, residual and any incentives for this month. I'm looking to lease in the NYC area. Thanks.
    edited December 2014
    MannyHM said:

Can you provide MF, residual and any incentives for this month. I'm looking to lease in the NYC area. Thanks.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• MannyHMMannyHM Member Posts: 82
    Michaell said:

MannyHM said:

I was looking for 12K per year for either 24 or 36 months.
    MannyHM said:

MannyHM said:

Michaell said:

MannyHM said:

I was looking for 12K per year for either 24 or 36 months.
    24/12 - 1.70% MF and 65% residual. $500-1900 lease cash, depending on option packages

36/12 - 1.25% MF and 58% residual. Same lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• therastheras Member Posts: 95
    Hello. Thanks so much for helping with my Volvo S60 lease. My mother-in-law is looking at leasing a Malibu LTZ this month. Could you post the 24 and 36 month residuals, money factors and lease cash for this model with 10K miles per year? Thanks in advance!!
    theras said:

Hello. Thanks so much for helping with my Volvo S60 lease. My mother-in-law is looking at leasing a Malibu LTZ this month. Could you post the 24 and 36 month residuals, money factors and lease cash for this model with 10K miles per year? Thanks in advance!!

24/10 - 1.70% and 66%. $1500 lease cash.

36/10 - 1.25% and 59%. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• therastheras Member Posts: 95
    Thanks so much Michaell!! Happy holidays to all.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease deals for the current model, please join us in our 2015 Chevrolet Malibu Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.