Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda3 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527

@tonylukes said:
    Hello,

Could you provide the MF & residuals on both the 3i GT & a 3i Touring for 10k miles/yr as well as 12k miles/yr in Massachusetts?

Thanks.

Sedan?

.00029 MF and 57% for either model.. 36mo, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Kyfdx,

Can you please provide MF and RV for 3i Sport, 36 month lease with 10k and 12k miles, for PA?

Thanks!

@dimabk said:
    Kyfdx,

Can you please provide MF and RV for 3i Sport, 36 month lease with 10k and 12k miles, for PA?

Thanks!

.00029 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. Add 1% for 10K/yr.

Subtract 1% for manual transmission.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shirazishirazi Member Posts: 3

Is this a good deal?

Mazda 3 i SV Auto
    $229/month; 36 months; 12k/year; $0 down (out the door)

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,486

lot of car for the money.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• roadrageeroadragee Member Posts: 135

Hi kyfdx

Could you post MF and Residual for sTouring 4 door and 5 door for 3yr / 36k miles - CA?

Thank you.

@roadragee said:
    Hi kyfdx

Could you post MF and Residual for sTouring 4 door and 5 door for 3yr / 36k miles - CA?

Thank you.

.00047 MF and 59% residual for the sedan

.00050 MF and 60% for the hatchback

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rmc03rmc03 Member Posts: 5

Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Mazda 3 S Touring HB.

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

@rmc03 said:
    Hi there, please can I get the money factor and residual on a 2014 Mazda 3 S Touring HB.

24 month lease, 15,000 miles and 12,000 miles options in California.

Thanks a lot

.00072 MF and 67% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr. Add 1% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sorgawsorgaw Member Posts: 10

Hi kyfdx

Do you have the MF and and Residual for iTouring 4 door and 5 door for 3yr / 36k miles - CA?

Also are those special MF that'll end on 3/31?

Thank you in advance.

@sorgaw said:
    Hi kyfdx

Do you have the MF and and Residual for iTouring 4 door and 5 door for 3yr / 36k miles - CA?

Also are those special MF that'll end on 3/31?

Thank you in advance.

.00047 MF and 59% for the sedan.

.00050 MF and 60% for the hatch

The program runs through March 31st. The new one could be the same or different... it's impossible to know.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• devtekdevtek Member Posts: 25

First off, thank you so much for providing information on lease rates. I really appreciate it.

I am looking for MF and residual for Ground Touring S Hatchback/5-door, 3 years, 10k miles in 98008, WA.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@devtek said:
    First off, thank you so much for providing information on lease rates. I really appreciate it.

I am looking for MF and residual for Ground Touring S Hatchback/5-door, 3 years, 10k miles in 98008, WA.

We don't yet have the numbers for April, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rdvlsctrdvlsct Member Posts: 1

Could you provide the MF and RV for an i Touring Hatchback 5 door, 3 years, 12k miles in New York. Thanks!

@rdvlsct said:
    Could you provide the MF and RV for an i Touring Hatchback 5 door, 3 years, 12k miles in New York. Thanks!

60% and .00049

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• rol08rol08 Member Posts: 1

Can you please provide MF and RV for an s Touring 5 door and i Grand Touring 5 door? 36mo., 12k miles, New Jersey 07109. Thank you.

@rol08 said:
    Can you please provide MF and RV for an s Touring 5 door and i Grand Touring 5 door? 36mo., 12k miles, New Jersey 07109. Thank you.

S Touring - 60%

I Grand Touring - 59%

MF of .00049 for both

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• a5cabrioa5cabrio Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014

All - new to the leasing world and looking for your input on this South Florida dealer's offer. Please let me know if you additional information. What do you think?

Mazda 3 I Grand Touring (4 Door) -
    36 month lease term -
    10k miles $0 due at signing (Sign & Drive)

MSRP $24,695.00 -
    Selling price $22,235.00 -
    Residual 57% -
    Money Factor 0.000130

Monthly payment $301.36 tax included

@a5cabrio said:
    All - new to the leasing world and looking for your input on this South Florida dealer's offer. Please let me know if you additional information. What do you think?

Mazda 3 I Grand Touring (4 Door) -
    36 month lease term -
    10k miles $0 due at signing (Sign & Drive)

MSRP $24,695.00 -
    Selling price $22,235.00 -
    Residual 57% -
    Money Factor 0.000130

Monthly payment $301.36 tax included

I first though that the MF was a misprint - that works out to .31% interest. Nope - my numbers are exactly the same.

However, the residual is wrong. The base residual for the 3i Grand Touring is 57% - for 15K miles. Add 2% for 10K.

When I plug in your MSRP and selling price (and the 59% residual), I get a pre-tax payment of $217.70 - I can't imagine a tax rate anywhere in the country that would get you to a $300+ payment.

You may want to have the dealer break down the numbers for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• a5cabrioa5cabrio Member Posts: 3

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    You may want to have the dealer break down the numbers for you.

Michael - Thanks very much for the valuable feedback. I passed this on to the dealer and got this response:

• "There is also $1696.39 inception fees that you need to filter in to the payment. At these numbers I am at a $1400 looser deal. Where are you getting your figures from?"

Do the addition of the inception fees complete the picture or is there still a gap? He didn't mention the difference in the residual - should I press that? Thanks again!

@a5cabrio said:
    Do the addition of the inception fees complete the picture or is there still a gap? He didn't mention the difference in the residual - should I press that? Thanks again!

I'd ask about the residual, and also for a breakdown of the $1700 in fees - if these are being rolled into the lease, the payment will naturally go up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• yoshimotoyoshimoto Member Posts: 35

Dear Michael and Kyfdx,

I am in California and am looking to get the April money factor and residual value info for both the 3s Grand Touring - both in sedan and hatchback.

Thank you so much for all of the incredibly valuable information - it makes a big difference!!

@yoshimoto said:
    Dear Michael and Kyfdx,

I am in California and am looking to get the April money factor and residual value info for both the 3s Grand Touring - both in sedan and hatchback.

Thank you so much for all of the incredibly valuable information - it makes a big difference!!

Hatch: .00049 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Sedan: .00013 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• yoshimotoyoshimoto Member Posts: 35

Dear Kyfdx - my apologies - do you have the hatch and sedan numbers for 12K/yr - should have mentioned this upfront.. Take good care!!

@yoshimoto said:
    Dear Kyfdx - my apologies - do you have the hatch and sedan numbers for 12K/yr - should have mentioned this upfront.. Take good care!!

Add 1% to the above numbers for 12K per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hosfeldhosfeld Member Posts: 6

Hi @Michaell@Edmunds, can I please get the MF and residual on a 2014 Mazda3 S touring 5door, 12k/yr 42 Months in South Florida? Being offered $300 tax incl. $0 down. Thanks!

@petroglyf said:
    Hi Michaell@Edmunds, can I please get the MF and residual on a 2014 Mazda3 S touring 5door, 12k/yr 42 Months in South Florida? Being offered $300 tax incl. $0 down. Thanks!

56% residual and .00066 MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hardyrichardyric Member Posts: 4

Hi, I live in Bloomington, IN and wanted to know the residual and money factor for a Mazda 3 hatch i touring with tech package. Also, what do you think is a good monthly payment for this at 12000 miles per year? So far they have me at $287 with $3000 down for 36 months. Thanks.

@hardyric said:
    Hi, I live in Bloomington, IN and wanted to know the residual and money factor for a Mazda 3 hatch i touring with tech package. Also, what do you think is a good monthly payment for this at 12000 miles per year? So far they have me at $287 with $3000 down for 36 months. Thanks.

.00081 MF and 60% residual.

I can calculate a monthly payment, if you can give me an MSRP and selling price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. MSRP of 21,145 with a 595 acquisition fee and 1600 tech pkg. I have a trade in of 13000. I owe 10k on the car I am trading in, so my net would go towards the due at signing price.

@hardyric said:
    Thank you. MSRP of 21,145 with a 595 acquisition fee and 1600 tech pkg. I have a trade in of 13000. I owe 10k on the car I am trading in, so my net would go towards the due at signing price.

What is the sales price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Haven't negotiated a sales price, but I think I can get 500 off the msrp 21145. Then I'm adding the tech pkg For 1600

@hardyric said:
    Haven't negotiated a sales price, but I think I can get 500 off the msrp 21145. Then I'm adding the tech pkg For 1600

You might check the "Mazda 3 Prices Paid" discussion to see what selling prices are. In addition, use the pricing tools at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• towamptowamp Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014

Hi,

I just got the following quote from a local dealership in California for a 2014 Mazda 3 "S" Touring:

MSRP = $25,390, Residual Value = 59% (for 36M / 12K per year), Money Factor = .00063

so I'll end up paying $296.39 plus tax = $320.10

Do the numbers make sense? Thanks alot!!

@towamp said:
    Hi,

I just got the following quote from a local dealership in California for a 2014 Mazda 3 "S" Touring:

MSRP = $25,390, Residual Value = 59% (for 36M / 12K per year), Money Factor = .00063

so I'll end up paying $296.39 plus tax = $320.10

Do the numbers make sense? Thanks alot!!

Sedan or hatch? And, what is the negotiated selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• towamptowamp Member Posts: 2

@Michaell‌

Sorry forgot to mentions it's the Sedan. Also the selling price is $24,100. Thanks again!

@towamp said:
    Michaell‌

Sorry forgot to mentions it's the Sedan. Also the selling price is $24,100. Thanks again!

when I use your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $277.95.

My numbers show the mf as .00013 and residual of 61%, which reduces the pre-tax payment to $244.37.

You should check with the dealer to confirm that the lease is underwritten by Mazda Capital Services.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tylerw49tylerw49 Member Posts: 11

Hey,

Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease.

Thank you!

@tylerw49 said:
    Hey,

Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease.

Thank you!

Which state is this for? Mazda has two sets of numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited April 2014

Iowa.

@tylerw49 said:
    Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease. Iowa.

Sorry, one more question - sedan or hatch?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell, looking at the hatch on both. Thanks.

@tylerw49 said:
    @tylerw49 said: Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease. Iowa. Michaell, looking at the hatch on both. Thanks.

2014 3i Touring - 59% and .00081

I have no information on the 2015's as yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hoosierbmwhoosierbmw Member Posts: 15

Thought I would share my latest deal... I just leased a Mazda3 Touring i. Price out the door was $230 including sales tax. ...36/36 i added the tech package and fog lights....I traded my leased Kia Forte for this lease..it was a 2011 Kia Forte 28K miles on it. They showed me a trade of 11K..so that seemed fair according to Edmunds TMV. I welcome comments.

Could you provide the figures for the 3 on a 42 month lease? Same mileage/trim as before.

Thanks!

@tylerw49 said:
    Could you provide the figures for the 3 on a 42 month lease? Same mileage/trim as before.

Thanks!

Sorry, the May lease numbers for Mazda aren't available to us yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@tylerw49 said:

Can I please get the residual/MF on a 2014 I Touring w/Manual Trans and a 2015 I Touring w/Manual Trans, 36 month 15k per year lease. Hatchback in Iowa

Thank you!

2014:

.00064 MF and 58% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

.00108 MF and 54% residual for 42mo, 15K/yr.

I don't have any 2015 Mazda 3 info, for this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nymed1986nymed1986 Member Posts: 1

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help from this forum so far, it's really been great. Currently I am looking at leasing a 2014 Mazda 3 i Touring manual transmission sedan with Technology package in New York. Looking to do a 36month 36k mile lease with as little down as possible. MSRP of the vehicle is $22,195 with a sale price right around $21,700. Was hoping to receive a little more information regarding the money factor and residual for this vehicle for the month of May, if available. Also, the dealer mentioned to me a sign and drive lease for $229 a month with no money down on a car priced at 20,300. Just wondering if this deal would scale up accordingly to the slightly more expensive model I'm looking at or how that would work. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance for all the help.

@nymed1986 said:
    Hi all,

Thanks for all the help from this forum so far, it's really been great. Currently I am looking at leasing a 2014 Mazda 3 i Touring manual transmission sedan with Technology package in New York. Looking to do a 36month 36k mile lease with as little down as possible. MSRP of the vehicle is $22,195 with a sale price right around $21,700. Was hoping to receive a little more information regarding the money factor and residual for this vehicle for the month of May, if available. Also, the dealer mentioned to me a sign and drive lease for $229 a month with no money down on a car priced at 20,300. Just wondering if this deal would scale up accordingly to the slightly more expensive model I'm looking at or how that would work. Any information would be extremely helpful. Thank you in advance for all the help.

We don't yet have the NY numbers from Mazda.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So I have to ask.. am I being lied to by the dealer? I brought the numbers you provided to them and they said they get their numbers directly from Mazda and they do not stack up to what you guys are getting... MF is almost double (I have excellent credit) and the Residual is off by a few %. Thanks for your insight!

This discussion has been closed.