Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Lexus IS 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• lexusman3lexusman3 Member Posts: 5

how do i send a private message to the admin? I would like some help regarding my lease numbers

Hello,

I have got my pricing and everything sorted out and have been working with a dealer for the lease numbers but they seem really off. Do help me. I do not know the MF either so do help me. I should be tier 1+ They gave me $498 + tax. However, people who bought the car for a higher selling price with similar scenario are paying significantly less.

MSRP: $47008

SP: $42108

Lease Term: 27 months

Zip code: 95134 (Tax Rate 8.75%)

Residual on 27 months/10k :: 71%

Down payment: $1000

And how much should the payment differential be if i want to go for 15k miles. Please help. Much appreciated

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@lexusman3 said:
    Hello,

I have got my pricing and everything sorted out and have been working with a dealer for the lease numbers but they seem really off. Do help me. I do not know the MF either so do help me. I should be tier 1+ They gave me $498 + tax. However, people who bought the car for a higher selling price with similar scenario are paying significantly less.

MSRP: $47008

SP: $42108

Lease Term: 27 months

Zip code: 95134 (Tax Rate 8.75%)

Residual on 27 months/10k :: 71%

Down payment: $1000

And how much should the payment differential be if i want to go for 15k miles. Please help. Much appreciated

At that selling price and MSRP, and using the base money factor of .00085, I get a payment of $387/mo.+tax. But that doesn't account for an acquisition fee or title/license fees. You should ask the dealer the NET CAP cost on the quote. The difference between the selling price and the NET cap will probably tell you why your payment seems too high. (also, ask them to disclose the money factor, as they may be marking it up).

Going to 15K/yr, lowers the residual by 3%, and adds about $51/mo.+tax to the payment. Shorter term leases are great, you are paying an extra 3% of the MSRP, just like if you were doing a 36 month lease, but you have to amortize it over the shorter term, which is why it's such a big jump.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Going to 15K/yr, lowers the residual by 3%, and adds about $51/mo.+tax to the payment. Shorter term leases are great, you are paying an extra 3% of the MSRP, just like if you were doing a 36 month lease, but you have to amortize it over the shorter term, which is why it's such a big jump.

Thank you for the reply. I found out the acquisition fee is $700 and the title and registration fees add up to 511.75 to be precise. Is it possible if you could help me with the calculation again? Valid point on the shorter term! You think the paymentst are same 36 months as are the 27 months?

I can add $1211 into the calculation... that brings the payment up to $433+tax. Still short of $498, even if you add $36/mo. tax. I don't think 36 months will be cheaper, especially on a 10K/yr lease, as you've negotiated a big discount.. The numbers get closer if you go to 15K/yr.

But, now that you have more information, we should revisit your first post. Is the "$1000 down" the total amount due at signing? Or is that a down-payment, to which you still need to add 1st payment and acquisition fee, etc? I ask, because now that you know you have a $700 acquisition fee and $511 in title fees, you have to know if they are included in the payment, or are they added to your due at signing?

In addition to the information from your first post, you need three numbers:

1) Money factor being used for your quote

2) Net Cap Cost (selling price plus any additions or subtractions to amount "financed")

3) Total amount due at signing

They are giving you information piecemeal, but that makes it hard to know what you are getting into and why their quote seems too high. If their quote doesn't add up, they are adding things into the CAP cost, or they are marking up the money factor. Also, "$1000 down" is an amorphous term. Is that what you pay upfront? Or, is there more?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited April 2014

Okay. So let me break it down for you. Basically, the 1k covers the Registration, Title and other fees of $511.75 and first months payment. It doesn't include the acquisition. It should be considered an amount due at signing. Now, whats frustrating is the fact that I can't get a proper break down for anything. I want everything in my head right now so I can go buy it. I got one quote with an $1100 higher price BUT a lower payment LOL (compared to their quote on 15k) as opposed to your quote (which is 10 dollars less... still insignificant since its a 1100 dollar difference... payment should be atleast 34 dollars lowers shouldnt it? )

@lexusman3 said:
    Okay. So let me break it down for you. Basically, the 1k covers the Registration, Title and other fees of $511.75 and first months payment. It doesn't include the acquisition. It should be considered an amount due at signing. Now, whats frustrating is the fact that I can't get a proper break down for anything. I want everything in my head right now so I can go buy it. I got one quote with an $1100 higher price BUT a lower payment LOL (compared to their quote on 15k) as opposed to your quote (which is 10 dollars less... still insignificant since its a 1100 dollar difference... payment should be atleast 34 dollars lowers shouldnt it? )

Adding the $700 to the selling price (CAP cost $42808), I get a payment of $414/mo.+ tax for 27mo, 10K/yr, using .00085 as the money factor. That's about $450/mo. with tax. So, i'm seeing about $44/mo. pretax in difference... If they were giving you 15K/yr (68% residual), then the numbers would be right on.

The one answer you haven't received from the dealer is the money factor they are using. It's my slightly educated guess that they are marking up the MF for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mmflpammflpa Member Posts: 3

Can I please have the MF and residual for a 42 month lease on a 2014 IS convertible for Florida and Pennsylvania? 7,500 miles a year.

I'm pretty sure they are too. I have mentioned it several times and have gotten no reply as of yet. Been 3 days since last contact. Anyways, if i have any problems when i visit the dealership I shall contact you good sir. Thank you for your help! much appreciated! Will make those numbers happen. You wait and see lol

@mmflpa said:
    Can I please have the MF and residual for a 42 month lease on a 2014 IS convertible for Florida and Pennsylvania? 7,500 miles a year.

IS 350 convertible?

54% residual. I don't have the money factor, but I'm going to guess that this model uses Lexus' standard money factor of .00170

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• craig1211craig1211 Member Posts: 2

Hello everyone, I am looking for the residuals and money factors for a 2014 IS350AWD I would like both 27 and 36 month numbers at both 15K and 19K/yr mileage (or whatever their high mileage numbers would be. I am in Michigan. Thanks for your help!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985

@craig1211 said:
    Hello everyone, I am looking for the residuals and money factors for a 2014 IS350AWD I would like both 27 and 36 month numbers at both 15K and 19K/yr mileage (or whatever their high mileage numbers would be. I am in Michigan. Thanks for your help!

Lexus doesn't have residuals for anything higher than 15K per year .. they do have a statement that says "deduct $0.20 per mile for anticipated mileage over 15,000 miles per year".

27 month - 68%

36 month - 60%

.00085 MF for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64

Any word on May's numbers? Ideally a 27 mo 10k mile/yr lease.

The current April program is good through Monday, May 5th.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    The current April program is good through Monday, May 5th.

Thanks. When do you typically receive the follow month's numbers? I need to base my figures off of getting the car mid to late next week.

@saabguy914 said:
    Thanks. When do you typically receive the follow month's numbers? I need to base my figures off of getting the car mid to late next week.

It depends ... we've already got some May numbers available to us, but not Lexus. Could be any day.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    It depends ... we've already got some May numbers available to us, but not Lexus. Could be any day.

Thanks. Will you please provide May's MFs and residuals for a 10k mile/yr lease when you get them? I'd be interested to see 24, 27 and 36 month terms to see which is more favorable. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to be a pest. Any chance May's numbers have become available?

.00085 MF.. IS 350 residuals are 60%/68%/70% for 36mo/27mo/24mo, 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    .00085 MF.. IS 350 residuals are 60%/68%/70% for 36mo/27mo/24mo, 15K/yr.

Is that MF the same for all regions or there is a difference say in Southern California? I thought the MF currently was 0.00075 for IS350 RWD?

• jlax3jlax3 Member Posts: 6

Can I please have the MF and residual for a 36 month lease on an IS 250? 12K and 15K a year.

@jlax3 said:
    Can I please have the MF and residual for a 36 month lease on an IS 250? 12K and 15K a year.

61% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12k.

.00085 MF for both.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• justg0justg0 Member Posts: 70

I have the following deal for Lexus IS RWD 350 F-sport, Blind spot Monitor, Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio, plus some minor accessories.

MSRP: 48,212
    Selling Price: 45,232
    Term: 36 months
    MF: .00085
    Miles: 7,500
    Monthly Payment: 545.26 (includes 9.8% sales tax in WA)

Does that sound reasonable? What's the residual for 7,500 miles?

Also my BMW lease does not expire till August, so I will end up paying 3 payments (about $1800) extra. I would rather wait till then or get another BMW as they have offered my lease pull ahead. But Lexus is saying this is a great deal as if I wait till August for Lexus, the residuals would be lower and MF would be higher for 2014s as 2015s would be coming soon. Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance for a quick response.

Residual is 64%

No one.. including your Lexus dealer, knows what the deals will be in August. They might be correct, or they might not. What we do know, is if you make a deal for the Lexus now, you'll be out an extra $1800 for lease payments on your BMW.

I would wait and take my chances with Lexus, or make the deal for another BMW, now. No way that I would eat $1800 in lease payments for nothing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for feedback kyfdx. I feel the same about eating up 1800. The Lexus dealer first tried to trade in my BMW, but it's valued about. 10k less than its residual (I verified with TMV), which makes the option not feasible.

So now the dealer has dropped another $700 to $44500 to make for my extra payments. He says this is final and below invoice. What do you think of this offer?

I wish I could rent out my BMW for 3 months. I will be willing to pay half is my lease payment :)

I guess it comes down to how bad you want a Lexus, rather than a different car.. It it were me, I'd wait a couple months, and take my chances... but, that might mean that the Lexus lease program could get a lot worse, and you'd have to choose a different vehicle. (doubtful, but possible).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I agree - I will probably wait or most likely end up getting a BMW before that.

Is there a price you think would make the Lexus deal favorable at this point. Lets they they drop down further to 44k or 43k. Not sure if they would, but do you think that would be something worth considering right now based on the prices you see?

I don't really follow the pricing for each model, and we don't get a lot of input on the IS350, either way..

But, no... nothing would make me eat that $1800. If they can offer that price now, they can likely offer it three months from now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45

Can I get the MF and residual for a 36mo lease term, both 10k & 12k miles for a 2014 IS 350 I'm in NYS thanks.

@ezerics said:
    Can I get the MF and residual for a 36mo lease term, both 10k & 12k miles for a 2014 IS 350 I'm in NYS thanks.

.00085 MF and 63%/62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Kyfdx,

What are lease numbers for SoCal as far as residuals and MF for 36/27mo and 10K for IS350 RWD?

@mrtrance said:
    Kyfdx

What are lease numbers for SoCal as far as residuals and MF for 36/27mo and 10K for IS350 RWD?

.00085 MF

27mo/10K - 71%

36mo/10K - 63%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• purplereignpurplereign Member Posts: 2

I am looking for lease info for VA or PA, would they be the same? MF, Residual for 10K, 27 and 36 mos.

@purplereign said:
    I am looking for lease info for VA or PA, would they be the same? MF, Residual for 10K, 27 and 36 mos.

Yes.. should be the same... see above

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Anyone got a new deal recently that they would like to share?

edited June 2014

What are June's MF and residuals for 27/36 mo 15K/12K/10K?

@mrtrance said:
    What are June's MF and residuals for 27/36 mo 15K/12K/10K?

.00085 MF and 68%/60% residual for 27mo/36mo, 15K/yr. Add 2% for 12K/yr. 3% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bmw435ibmw435i Member Posts: 8

Can someone explain how the MSD's can be applied to this month's MF? I read on another post that you can have a maximum of 9 and each one reduces the MF by 0.0001. But how can this be if the MF is at 0.00085?

Thanks!

@bmw435i said:
    Can someone explain how the MSD's can be applied to this month's MF? I read on another post that you can have a maximum of 9 and each one reduces the MF by 0.0001. But how can this be if the MF is at 0.00085?

Thanks!

I'm not certain of the number allowed or the discount per MF, but if the residual is .00085, and the numbers are what you quote, then you'd only be able to do 8 MSDs and not 9.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dchoule01dchoule01 Member Posts: 1

Greetings. I'm in FL and considering a 2014 IS 350 RWD F Sport.

Unless I'm mistaken, based on this forum thread I believe the current residuals are:

27 mos = 10k/71%, 12k/70%, 15k/68%

36 mos = 10k/63%, 12k/62%, 15k/60%

I have been told that I need to purchase asap because residuals will be dropping on July 7th. Can anyone confirm or deny? and if they are, do we know by how much?

Thanks!

Numbers will change on July 7th, but we won't know until they get here. There is a good chance that the changes will be negative.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dtorz21dtorz21 Member Posts: 8

Any updates on the new residuals?

@dchoule01 said:
    Greetings. I'm in FL and considering a 2014 IS 350 RWD F Sport.

Unless I'm mistaken, based on this forum thread I believe the current residuals are:

27 mos = 10k/71%, 12k/70%, 15k/68%

36 mos = 10k/63%, 12k/62%, 15k/60%

I have been told that I need to purchase asap because residuals will be dropping on July 7th. Can anyone confirm or deny? and if they are, do we know by how much?

Thanks!

Subtract 1% from all your numbers above for the July residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@dtorz21 said:
    Any updates on the new residuals?

Yes (finally!).

36/15 for IS250 is 60%

36/15 for IS350 is 59%

Add 2% for 12k and 3% for 10K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dtorz21dtorz21 Member Posts: 8
    MF still .00085?

@dtorz21 said:
    MF still .00085?

Yes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• calmlikeabombcalmlikeabomb Member Posts: 17

ONE more car (I hope) ....

IS 350 AWD F Sport MF and RV for 27/15K and 36/15K

TYVM!

@calmlikeabomb said:
    ONE more car (I hope) ....

IS 350 AWD F Sport MF and RV for 27/15K and 36/15K

TYVM!

.00085 and 67% / 59%. $500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• thigginsonthigginson Member Posts: 1

Hi, can I get MF and RV for 24mo/27mo/36mo at 10K and 12K for an IS 350 RWD F Sport

Thanks!

@thigginson said:
    Hi, can I get MF and RV for 24mo/27mo/36mo at 10K and 12K for an IS 350 RWD F Sport

Thanks!

12K residuals are 71% 69% 61%

Add 1% for 10K

.00085 MF and $500 lease cash this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.