Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sedan Leasing

reg007reg007 Member Posts: 22
edited April 2014 in BMW

Any help is appreciated on figuring out a good lease rate.

MSRP/Invoice. Money Factor. Residual on 36 month lease. I'm looking at this car if it helps. I'd put 2k down to cover 1st month payment, taxes, title/license registration, and dealer fees (processing and handling).
Thanks!

Comments

• Options

10k miles per year.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,201

@reg007 said:
    Any help is appreciated on figuring out a good lease rate.

MSRP/Invoice. Money Factor. Residual on 36 month lease. I'm looking at this car if it helps. I'd put 2k down to cover 1st month payment, taxes, title/license registration, and dealer fees (processing and handling).
    Thanks!

.00130 MF and 62% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr. $1750 in option/eco credit cash.

If you got a 7% discount from MSRP minus the $1750 of incentives, then the payment would be $396/mo., assuming your $2000 covers the 1st payment, acquisition fee, taxes and dealer fees.. (not sure it will, since I don't know how your state taxes leases.)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thank you. Can you show me the numbers you're using to reach the $396 a month. For instance, is the 62% residual off of the MSRP?

• Options

@reg007 said:
    Thank you. Can you show me the numbers you're using to reach the $396 a month. For instance, is the 62% residual off of the MSRP?

I took the MSRP from the link you gave me... $42,205. Selling price is $37,500. (93% of MSRP minus $1750.) Residual is 62% of MSRP = $26,167. Money factor is .00130.

You can plug those numbers into any on-line lease calculator, and come up with the same amount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thanks! One last question, does the MSRP get "fudged" by the dealer? In other words, is that a good starting point?

• Options

Another way of asking the same question, if $42,205 is the MSRP what is the invoice cost? Thanks again for any/all information.

• Options

@reg007 said:
    Another way of asking the same question, if $42,205 is the MSRP what is the invoice cost? Thanks again for any/all information.

You can figure the invoice cost by using the Car Research tab above and building your preferred configuration.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@kyfdx I leased the 328D xDrive for 2k down and $350 a month for 3 years (12k miles). The sales price was $35,200 before tax. Thanks for your help!

• Options

@reg007 said:
    kyfdx I leased the 328D xDrive for 2k down and $350 a month for 3 years (12k miles). The sales price was $35,200 before tax. Thanks for your help!

What help do you need? Congrats on the new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator