Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tell me how you like your Leaf!

CaryHarveyCaryHarvey Member Posts: 1
edited January 2014 in Nissan

As a current Leaf owner, I would like to get other perspectives on this car, being how new it is to the automotive scene.

Comments

• musclehorsemanmusclehorseman Member Posts: 1

HATE THIS CAR! At first I liked the car. But the longer I have it the more I hate it. Auto Nation Nessan sold me the car knowing it would not give me the miles it starts with each day. And each day I have to worry. I start with approx 85 miles and drive a mile or two and drop a good 20 miles. I was told I could charge it at ANY NESSAN DEALER. That IS NOT TRUE and has become a problem for me.
    If you want this car you need to only drive around town. I can not wait to no longer have this car that has become my nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145

@musclehorseman said:
    HATE THIS CAR! At first I liked the car. But the longer I have it the more I hate it.

You can also leave a review about your vehicle in our Consumer Reviews section. If it's a 2013 start here: http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/leaf/2013/consumer-reviews.html
    and if it's a 2012 start here: http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/leaf/2012/consumer-reviews.html

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• pozarrica1pozarrica1 Member Posts: 1

There should be a class action of current and former Nissan Leaf owners.

I just broke a lease (in Feb) and it cost me $4,000. When temperatures in St. Louis area dropped below 20 F. I lost 50% of full charge with maximum range of 40 - 50 miles, without running lights or heater. A recent AAA Automotive Research Center in South California found the battery lost 57% at 20 degree F. "we did not expect the degredation we saw" according to AAA. If battery power is used to heat or cool it takes power away from vehicle range". USA Today, Larry Copeland

Nissan dealer told me, 1. I was over charging the battery 2. not driving the car for long enough distances. That proved they didn't know what they were talking about or that it was the Nissan "line" to shift the blame to owners.

This was prior to the above AAA study.

How can I get my money back?

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Funny, I know a family that has one and they fight over who is going to use it.

They just LOVE it! It sounds like a golf cart...so quiet!

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Low temps will decrease battery life, and heating or cooling will also cut into the range. Hard to get around the physics