Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Audi A7 Lease Questions

Comments

• bauhaus3bauhaus3 Member Posts: 8

Hi, would appreciate help with the money fact and residual for a 2014 A7 TDI Prestige - 36 months and 15K miles. Thanks in advance.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

@bauhaus3 said:
    Hi, would appreciate help with the money fact and residual for a 2014 A7 TDI Prestige - 36 months and 15K miles. Thanks in advance.

.00084 MF and 50% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you very much.

• lukfilmlukfilm Member Posts: 6

Would you please have the money factor and residual for a 2014 Audi S7? 36 mo. 10K/miles yr. Thank you!!!!!!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976

@lukfilm said:
    Would you please have the money factor and residual for a 2014 Audi S7? 36 mo. 10K/miles yr. Thank you!!!!!!

.00149 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• rxkrxk Member Posts: 1

Has anyone bought a new A7 lately? I wonder if they are discounted like A6 -10% or more from MSRP! Thanks

@rxk said:
    Has anyone bought a new A7 lately? I wonder if they are discounted like A6 -10% or more from MSRP! Thanks

I'm not even sure you can get an A6 for that much off sticker. The posts I'm seeing show a max of 5-6% off.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Car did not come in last month - should be here any day. Can you give me the new May lease rates for a 2014 A7 TDI? 36 month lease - 15K miles per year. Thanks!

@bauhaus3 said:
    Car did not come in last month - should be here any day. Can you give me the new May lease rates for a 2014 A7 TDI? 36 month lease - 15K miles per year. Thanks!

We don't yet have the May numbers ... perhaps in a few days.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lukfilmlukfilm Member Posts: 6

Would you please have the money factor and residual for a 2014 Audi S7 for May? 36 mo. 10K/miles yr. Thank you!!!!!!

@lukfilm said:
    Would you please have the money factor and residual for a 2014 Audi S7 for May? 36 mo. 10K/miles yr. Thank you!!!!!!

.00149 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can you give me the new May money factor and residual for a 2014 A7 TDI? 36 month lease - 15K miles per year. Thanks!

BTW, it is the Prestige line of trim. I think that they be running a special for the Premium Plus trim level.

@bauhaus3 said:
    Can you give me the new May money factor and residual for a 2014 A7 TDI Prestige? 36 month lease - 15K miles per year. Thanks!

.00084 MF and 50% residual. The Premium Plus residual is 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!

How does the residual change for 12K miles and 10K miles a year? (2014 Audi A7 TDI Prestige, 36 month lease) I assume that the MF stays the same. Thanks in advance.

@bauhaus3 said:
    How does the residual change for 12K miles and 10K miles a year? (2014 Audi A7 TDI Prestige, 36 month lease) I assume that the MF stays the same. Thanks in advance.

Base residual is for 15K miles. Add 2% to the residual for 12K and 3% for 10K. MF is constant for all leases up to 36 months, then may increase.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• hchowhchow Member Posts: 6

What is the current MF and residual value for 2014 Audi A7 premium plus and prestige models at 10k miles?

@hchow said:
    What is the current MF and residual value for 2014 Audi A7 premium plus and prestige models at 10k miles?

You didn't specify the lease term, so I'll assume 36 months.

MF is .00042 (gas) and .00084 (TDI)

A7 PP - 58% (gas & TDI)

A7 Prestige - 55% (gas) and 56% (TDI)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Confused - I leased a 2014 A7 TDI Prestige for 36 months and 15K miles a year on Friday and the Audi dealer quoted me .00119 MF. Is this negotiable? Any reason for it to vary?

@bauhaus3 said:
    Confused - I leased a 2014 A7 TDI Prestige for 36 months and 15K miles a year on Friday and the Audi dealer quoted me .00119 MF. Is this negotiable? Any reason for it to vary?

The money factor can be marked up by the dealer for extra profit. Yes, absolutely negotiable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ndieselndiesel Member Posts: 5

Hello, could you tell me the current mf and residual for a 2104 A7 Prestige (gas) for 12k and 15k miles per year?
    Thanks!

@bauhaus3 said:

.00084 MF is base for this model... It's possible they marked it up, or they waived the security deposit, in exchange for a higher MF, or a combination of the two.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@ndiesel said:
    Hello, could you tell me the current mf and residual for a 2104 A7 Prestige (gas) for 12k and 15k miles per year?
    Thanks!

.00042 MF and 49% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. Add 2% for 12K/yr. Add 3% for Premium Plus trim.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• e325rkhe325rkh Member Posts: 71

Hello, everyone. just to confirm, for an A7 Premium Plus 36 month - 10K mile lease:

• MF 0.00042
    • Residual 58%
    • $1,500 conquest cash (current BMW, Mercedes, Lexus lessee)
    • $1,500 loyalty cash

You might see me across several forums. My Infiniti M lease is up next month and I am am cross shopping the Audi A6/A7, BMW 535ix, Lexus GS350 and Mercedes E350.

Thank you all.

@e325rkh said:
    Hello, everyone. just to confirm, for an A7 Premium Plus 36 month - 10K mile lease:

• MF 0.00042
    • Residual 58%
    • $1,500 conquest cash (current BMW, Mercedes, Lexus lessee)
    • $1,500 loyalty cash

You might see me across several forums. My Infiniti M lease is up next month and I am am cross shopping the Audi A6/A7, BMW 535ix, Lexus GS350 and Mercedes E350.

Thank you all.

I have the residual at 55% for 36mo, 10K/yr.

Are you sure you can get $1500 conquest AND $1500 loyalty? Usually, it's just one or the other..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you. Yes either or for the $1,500 incentive.

I ended up getting an A6 TDI (posted details in the A6 lease questions forum). Incentives were greater:

$3,000 acquisition credit, 59% residual with Audicare, 0.00013 money factor

Thanks for all your help.

• 2the9s2the9s Member Posts: 27

Do you know the June lease details for a 2014 Audi A7 Prestige? Looking at the Black Optic and cold weather packages...MSRP $70,200. Specifically looking for the Money Factor, Residual, and any available credits or special deals for first time Audi owners?

And based on the credits I see for the A8, is it a better deal to go with that over the A7? $5000 credit for switching to Audi and my dealer seems to be more aggressive on the A8 discounts. Assuming the 5k credit hurts the money factor and residual...has to be a trade off somewhere.

Sorry, forgot to mention 15k miles/yr!

@2the9s said:
    Do you know the June lease details for a 2014 Audi A7 Prestige? Looking at the Black Optic and cold weather packages...MSRP $70,200. Specifically looking for the Money Factor, Residual, and any available credits or special deals for first time Audi owners?

We won't have the June numbers until after they are released on 6/3.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@2the9s said:
    And based on the credits I see for the A8, is it a better deal to go with that over the A7? $5000 credit for switching to Audi and my dealer seems to be more aggressive on the A8 discounts. Assuming the 5k credit hurts the money factor and residual...has to be a trade off somewhere.

A7 has better residuals but a higher MF than the A8, so it's a wash. If you can get a better discount on the A8, that might help the overall deal.

Personally, I like the looks of the A7 better, but I'd have to hit the lottery in order for it to be on my shopping radar.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Do you have the latest lease info for June?
    Audi A7 Prestige
    36 months
    15k/year
    Looking for the money factor and residual. Thanks!

@2the9s said:
    Do you have the latest lease info for June?
    Audi A7 Prestige
    36 months
    15k/year
    Looking for the money factor and residual. Thanks!

Residual / MF is 49% and .00042 (gas) or 50% and .00084 (TDI)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I received an initial sticker price quote from my local dealer on the Audi A7 Prestige and they stated the residual for the Prestige to be much higher, nearly 52% (instead of the 49% I expected) on the 36 month, 15k/year. The Money Factor was through the roof, but I thought residuals were set in stone and not able to be changed? Or could the 52% be correct? I'd rather have the residual higher and the ability to negotiate the MF, vs the other way around, right? The MF came to roughly .00215. Could this be right?

@2the9s said:
    I received an initial sticker price quote from my local dealer on the Audi A7 Prestige and they stated the residual for the Prestige to be much higher, nearly 52% (instead of the 49% I expected) on the 36 month, 15k/year. The Money Factor was through the roof, but I thought residuals were set in stone and not able to be changed? Or could the 52% be correct? I'd rather have the residual higher and the ability to negotiate the MF, vs the other way around, right? The MF came to roughly .00215. Could this be right?

The only 2014 A7 that has a 52% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr is the TDI Premium Plus. The Prestige residuals are 49% for gas and 50% for diesel. Audi dealers are permitted to mark up the money factor by as much as .00125.. Base MF on the TDI is .00084, and .00042 on the Gas model.

Or... maybe the dealer is just guessing on numbers for the upcoming 2015 model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

He based the numbers on an actual VIN, so I doubt they are assuming a 2015 model. I honestly don't know what their plan was, but it sounds like I need to check out a different dealership given the incorrect numbers and assumptions this dealer is showing. And WOW! They can mark up 3 whole percent...that's scary. I don't trust their numbers at all as they are obviously off. MF marked up .00173 which is more than allowed. I guess they are probably using a template % assuming average credit. I haven't sent any personal information or SS# to them yet, but I won't be now, even though I should most certainly get the best rates.

Do you suggest going in with the actual MF and Residual, along with the discount I am looking for? Or is getting the .00042 even feasible? I should be able to determine my payment prior and if the new dealer wants to make it happen, we will have a deal.

Here is the sticker for the vehicle they quoted.

Okay.... I got to sleep on this.. :)

They could add 1% for AudiCare and 1% for purchasing LEWP (Lease Excess Wear Protection). But, still, that only brings the 49% residual up to 51%. I still think it's more likely he quoted you the Premium Plus residual. ("Oh darn, I quoted you the wrong number... that there is one of them Prestige models... Just $60/mo. more.")

Money factor: .00042 base, .00050 acq.fee waiver, .00015 security deposit waiver, the rest is markup... (of course, all of those waivers are a bad deal, especially on an expensive model).

If that's the car you want, I'd definitely go in and try to make a deal.. No money factor bumps, no waivers (pay the acq.fee and sec.deposit). Have them check the residual, again. Pay for AudiCare, as that adds 1% to the residual. ($860 MSRP). LEWP? Maybe.. it will also add 1% to the residual, so it saves you $766 over the lease... so, it's "free" at that price... You'll have to decide how much it's worth to you, over that amount (I wouldn't go over $1000 for it).

.00042 is feasible.. but, it doesn't mean this dealer will do it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Great explanation, thank you so much for you time!!! I will be calling them today and hopefully making a deal!

I went and discussed the deal with a different dealership, and luckily they were able to locate nearly the same car for me. Below are what they are offering. Hoping someone much smarter than I could look it over and let me know whether you feel this is a fair deal/correct math for this car? I don't have the exact MF, but it seems to be very close to .000829 (1.99%) if I did the backward math correctly.

2014 Audi Prestige
    36 month/15k a year lease
    Sticker Price - $74190
    Actual Selling Price - $70456
    Tax - $5302.95
    Residual - $36353.10 (49% which finally matches your number)
    With $3000 total down (includes first, fees, etc) payments equate to $1064.50/month. Payments on 42 months and $3500 down were just at $1000/month.

Anywhere you think I can squeeze a little more out of the deal? It seems decently fair to me at first glance, just want to make sure the MF and discount seem appropriate according the the market and that they aren't building in major fees or additional costs anywhere. Anything specific I should be asking the dealer for? Such as, is it appropriate to ask for more detailed figures including the Base MF, Actual MF, Advertising Fees, etc. Thanks!

Just using your MSRP, selling price, 49% residual and .00042 MF, I get $992/mo. for 36mo, 15K/yr. I didn't add the tax in, because I'm not sure where you live, and whether that's an accurate representation of the actual sales tax. (plus, $5300 in tax would add over $140/mo. to the payment, which doesn't add up, in any case).

That's about 5% off MSRP.... the better deals we see are about 6% off. That's only about $20/mo, though.. I'd definitely consider AudiCare, as that only adds about $10/mo. to the lease payment (1% higher residual), which is pretty cheap for scheduled maintenance.

I'd ask the dealer for a breakdown of the $3000. At this price level, $2150 of it will be first payment and security deposit and $695 for acq.fee, so not much else to know... We are about $70/mo. off on the payment, but as noted, I didn't factor in tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• micmacmicmac Member Posts: 2

Hi Everyone. New to this site. Looking for information on leasing a 2014 A7 Premium plus. The MSRP is $67,995. For a 42 month lease with $7,500 down with 10k miles a year they quoted me $575 / month. Does anyone know the curent money factor and residual? Thanks!

@micmac said:
    Hi Everyone. New to this site. Looking for information on leasing a 2014 A7 Premium plus. The MSRP is $67,995. For a 42 month lease with $7,500 down with 10k miles a year they quoted me $575 / month. Does anyone know the curent money factor and residual? Thanks!

Gas - .00062 and 52%

TDI - .00104 and 52%

Not a good idea to put money down on a lease; if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money. Instead, use the cash to make multiple security deposits to reduce your MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• micmacmicmac Member Posts: 2

thanks for the info. very helpful. one other question. it sounds like the 2015 are coming out soon. do you have any visibility as to how this will impact price? will the price, money factor, or residual change. I know when i purchased my BMW they were giving better deals on the 2012's then the 2011's

@micmac said:
    thanks for the info. very helpful. one other question. it sounds like the 2015 are coming out soon. do you have any visibility as to how this will impact price? will the price, money factor, or residual change. I know when i purchased my BMW they were giving better deals on the 2012's then the 2011's

It's hard to say for certain, but in general once the new model year is released, the residual and MF for the prior model year tend to go down, to help clear them out. Might also see incentives on the older model year as well.

But, no way to know for sure until the numbers are released.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

How does adding Audi Care affect the monthly price? I know there is a 1% bump in residual and the cost is $820 for the Audi A7 I believe. What should I expect the monthly payment to raise by on a 70k MSRP car? I feel like I'm doing my math wrong cause its only raising the monthly rate by $4.75. Could this be right? I've heard its typically $8-12 a month when adding it.

The more expensive the car, the cheaper it is.

$820 for AudiCare minus $700 (1% residual) equals $120/36mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jbeaumontjbeaumont Member Posts: 11

Hi,

I am leasing a new 2015 A8 NWB and hope someone here can help.

I was given a MF of .00131 for 36 month lease
    Residual of 49% for 12K and 47% for 15K

Does this seem right?

This discussion has been closed.