Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Avalon Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1252627282931»

Comments

• ash54ash54 Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2013
    Hi - I just bought 2013 avalon touring brand new for $36110 OTD with 0.9% financing from toyota financial. I had to return my leased camry with 3 remaining months (with 600 miles over the limit & 3 month waiver) so i had to finance through tfs. is this a good deal ? I am on long island ,NY (8.625% tax, doc fee, got charged for floor mats and wheels locks)
  • bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    is this a good deal ?

Not enough information to tell. But if you are satisfied with your purchase, then it is a great deal.
  • jwillinjwillin Member Posts: 16
    I tell you what, call the dealership first and price it out. It seems expensive but I is for 8 years and no pay for service. It's an extension of the much warranty at a reasonable cost. Call your dealer before you purchase. That's what I did and knew I made the right decision.
  • connytconnyt Member Posts: 1
    Long time reader and never a responder/poster. But I'm looking for some inputs on a used 2013 toyota avalon xle. I'm a recent graduate m.s. and always had hand me down camery. I'm ready to purchase my first car and what would be a realistic price for otd on a used 2013 avalon xle base model in houston, tx?

I understand kbb price on the used avalon might be a bit misleading and probably reflects the certified preown price, which I don't really care for. What price range should I be expecting? Any input would help me out! Thanks in advance.
  • guugosguugos Member Posts: 10
    Looking for current lease rates. Thanks in advance for your help.
  • liaisonliaison Member Posts: 49
    I have been following the posts and it seems as if a lot of people are unhappy with the way the current model Avalon rides. The Michelins seem to ride best. What I am noticing is there are a lot of used 2013 Avalon's within 300 miles of me. Most of these have a few thousand miles and one had 59 miles. All of this makes me think that buyers of the new model Avalon are not happy and are trading their 2013 Avalon's for another vehicle. I would welcome comments. BTW, I like the new Avalon Hybrid but have concerns from reading all the posts.
  • marv151marv151 Member Posts: 1

Hi liaison,
    I noticed the same thing, so many used 2013's with low mileage. Read the reviews on Edmonds, so many bad ones. I was thinking of buying the 2013 till I took a test drive, and after feeling every bump, I drove back and asked my sales manager to replace my 2011 Avalon with a 2012 in the same color and everything I had on the 2011 with power seats for passenger as well. I got a good deal in Dec 2012 and have around 14,000 miles on it and the dealer called and is offering me 26 grand and a special on a 2013. I said I'll keep my 2012, I wouldn't touch the 2013, he understood. If you look hard you will notice they cheapened the 2013 by taking away folding rear seats, aluminum scuff plate, no covers over coffee slots, no fold out compartments on door, smaller car, etc. So they added some things and took away others, and the sport bumpidy ride is what they gave us in return. So am lucky I have the last comfortable full size Avalon they made, its a keeper.

• finfin Member Posts: 594

Like so many others here I have left the Avalon in the rear view mirror. The ride, the interior feeling, the cheaper looking stuff.... not me... Drove three different Avalons for 15 years combined, one of each generation. The last was the best overall, my opinion. Great cars, great service, great value...but it ended at 2013. I will return to Toyota if the Avalon gets a makeover and returns to the soft ride of old but that is not likely. Bought a 300c, 28 highway mpg from the big V8 and very comfortable. Always best wishes to all Avy owners, the quality should still be there.

• yk_edmyk_edm Member Posts: 2
    Chipping in with my buying experience from about 5 months ago. Paid $33,500 OTD (before a $5k trade in on a 2005 Camry) for 2014 Avalon XLE Touring, Black exterior / Black interior. Includes remote starter. Purchased in Saco, ME.
  • tri32tri32 Member Posts: 1
    Neighbor bought 2014 Limited edition MSRP $42600 with tech package & wireless charger for $36500 back in March 2014 0% financing no trade in from IRA in Danvers MA. I bet you can get the same model from $33K to 34K.
  • gohawaiiangohawaiian Member Posts: 84
    Has anyone in Hawaii had this problem?

I was never informed by Hawaii's largest Toyota dealership, prior to taking delivery of my 2014 Toyota, that my car would not include Toyota's "Entune" and "SafetyConnect" features, despite the fact that the sales brochure for my Toyota model, as well as the dealership’s own website, listed both of those features as standard equipment on my model.

I am interested in learning whether other Toyota buyers in Hawaii were informed, either orally or in writing, prior to purchase of their vehicle, that one or both of these features were not available in Hawaii and that their vehicle would not be so equipped even though the vehicle sales brochure and dealership website said or implied otherwise.