Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 4-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• bmwafficiandobmwafficiando Member Posts: 5

@bmwafficiando said:
    Would like to share the best offer I received so far on a 435i convertible. I tried other dealers in NJ, but this one beat the others by a wide margin.

The options I selected are the following: m sport package, cold weather, driver assistance, premium, navigation.

10k miles/36 month. Residual 63%, base MF = 0.00130

MSRP (including all options): $64,075
    Selling price: $61,524 (no cap cost reduction)
    Residual value: $40,0367
    Money factor after 7 MSDs: 0.00081
    Sales tax (NJ): 7%
    Sales tax on lease: $1,740
    Monthly lease payment (excluding tax): $680
    Monthly lease payment (including tax): $727

Please do let me know if this seems like a decent deal. The other dealer in NJ that I went to was asking $858 first, but then came down to $798 (and refused to budge further). He was using the same money factor and MSDs, but refused to lower the selling price.

If anyone has any buying / negotiating experiences to share (particularly in the NJ area), I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Hello all... just checking in to see if anybody has any other buying / leasing experiences to share with me on the 435i convertible. There isn't an awful lot of information out there on this particular model, hence wanted to check if what I was quoted is reasonable compared to what others are seeing.

• jmcginn84jmcginn84 Member Posts: 5

Bump to the question above me! I am looking for 15k miles a year for 36 months....M sport package, coral red interior, and technology. Hoping to do a "one-pay" and pay it all up front. What would be a great offer I should push for in the Boston area?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@jmcginn84 said:
    Bump to the question above me! I am looking for 15k miles a year for 36 months....M sport package, coral red interior, and technology. Hoping to do a "one-pay" and pay it all up front. What would be a great offer I should push for in the Boston area?

.00130 is the MF and 60% residual for 435i convertible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

My best offer so far is $30,500 for 15k miles per year 36 months....MSRP of 66k

@jmcginn84 said:

Not sure if there is a MF discount for a one-pay - my co-host is more familiar with BMW leases; he might have more of an idea.

Your $30,500 one-pay works out to just over $847/mo in a 'traditional' lease.

Using the base MF and residual I quoted above, the cap cost would be in the neighborhood of $63K to get to that monthly number. Not sure how much more you could negotiate the price downward.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@jmcginn84 said:

BMW has a discount of .00080 for one-pay leases, but I'm not sure you can take it off of the subvented .00130 MF. It may only be available on the standard lease rate, in which case, it wouldn't be worth much at all..

The hard part is knowing how MA handles sales taxes on this lease.

Without tax, assuming a $66K MSRP and $63K selling price, and assuming you can get the MF down to .0005 with using the ONE-pay discount, I get a price of around $26K + tax. That seems like a long way from $30,500, but not if MA taxes the full selling price on a lease. If tax is 6% of $63K, then the price difference is less than $1000.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

The tax in Ma is off of each payment not the total MSRP of the car....

In that case, the deal doesn't look so great.. I understand the desire to use cash that is sitting around earning virtually nothing.. .but, I think I'd use the MSD program, and negotiate a straight lease... It simplifies things.

Of course, there are no incentives on the new 4-series, so you may not get a great lease payment, either way...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fyk1985fyk1985 Member Posts: 3

Hi I am wondering whether there is upcoming bmw incentive for 2014 435xi coupe. I have customized a build with MSRP 64K. The dealer is unwilling to go below invoice (59K) + 1000. The MF and Residual are both ok (000130 and 63%). I basically need the car before early Sep to replace my current lease, should I just wait for two months or is it possible to make dealer agree to apply any factory incentive at the time of delivery?

Thanks in advance. I learned a lot by going over this awesome thread:)

If you are ordering a car, a BMW dealer can lock your numbers for 60 days, and still agree to use the numbers at time of delivery, assuming they are better. But, you can't pick and choose the elements of the lease program. If they are offering a $1000 incentive, to get that incentive you have to use the lease numbers that go along with that program. If they are offering you $4K off of MSRP, the deal isn't likely to get much better than that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drmanhattandrmanhattan Member Posts: 4

Do you have the lease numbers for a 2015 435i Gran Coupe (15k miles, 36months)? Also for 435i convertible?

My situation is that I need 20k miles/year. I was thinking of going for the 15k/year lease, and paying $0.16/mile as an overage beyond the negotiated lease prior to the end of term. The $0.16 that BMW offers is lower than other brands.

edited May 2014

Also, do you have the numbers for the 2015 428i Gran Coupe, and 2015 428i xDrive convertible? 15k miles/36 months

We don't have the new numbers for May, at this time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    We don't have the new numbers for May, at this time.

thanks for the response.

for someone who needs high mileage such as myself (20k/yr), what do you recommend to do in terms of lease setup? Go for 15k/yr then pay $0.16/mile over?

@drmanhattan said:
    Do you have the lease numbers for a 2015 435i Gran Coupe (15k miles, 36months)? Also for 435i convertible?

My situation is that I need 20k miles/year. I was thinking of going for the 15k/year lease, and paying $0.16/mile as an overage beyond the negotiated lease prior to the end of term. The $0.16 that BMW offers is lower than other brands.

2014 435i Convertible:

.00130 MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $1000 option credit cash.

.00133 MF and 60% residual for the 2015 435i Gran Coupe.

I would do the 15K/yr.... and then purchase miles with about 8 months to go... when you have a handle on exactly what you need... They will even amortize that amount over your remaining payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vk3vk3 Member Posts: 4

What is the MF and Residual on 2014 428 xdrive convertible and is the MF negotiable? Price of car with MSRP is ~65500 and invoice is ~60800. Do dealerships negotiate price to invoice/below invoice on new vehicles and what would be considered a fair price for the NY/NJ region. Tx

@vk3 said:
    What is the MF and Residual on 2014 428 xdrive convertible and is the MF negotiable? Price of car with MSRP is ~65500 and invoice is ~60800. Do dealerships negotiate price to invoice/below invoice on new vehicles and what would be considered a fair price for the NY/NJ region. Tx

.00130 MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease. $1000 option credit cash.

You might see close to invoice pricing, taking into account the $1000 manufacturer incentive.. but, on a $65K vehicle, you'll likely still be above invoice.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mds2015mds2015 Member Posts: 1

What are the May MF & residual % for a 2014 428 x-drive convertible w/ 10,000 miles? Also, are there specific options that the $1,000 credit applies to or any options? Thanks

@mds2015 said:
    What are the May MF & residual % for a 2014 428 x-drive convertible w/ 10,000 miles? Also, are there specific options that the $1,000 credit applies to or any options? Thanks

.00130 and 63% for 36mo / 10K miles per year.

$1000 option credit can be used against any options.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Is the tax calculated on the sale price? How do they break the tax down? How can I tell if the deal I am getting is good one. I am looking at a 36 month, 12K/yr lease and the MF I am being told is .00130 with a residual of 62%. This is for a 428i xdrive convertible. The monthly price ranges from $760 to $840 per month depending on how much is the upfront fees. The fees are also not consistent.

@vk3 said:
    Is the tax calculated on the sale price? How do they break the tax down? How can I tell if the deal I am getting is good one. I am looking at a 36 month, 12K/yr lease and the MF I am being told is .00130 with a residual of 62%. This is for a 428i xdrive convertible. The monthly price ranges from $760 to $840 per month depending on how much is the upfront fees. The fees are also not consistent.

The MF is not being marked up, so that's good.

Have the dealers break down each of the fees for you. If they won't, I wouldn't buy from them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Tax rules depend on your state... which state?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

NY/NJ

@vk3 said:
    NY/NJ

Only the lease payment is taxed each month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jonnyzliojonnyzlio Member Posts: 5
    I'm closing this deal tomorrow, and would really appreciate any input, I reviewed almost all the deals posted here before going for this!
    Bmw 428I xdrive 12k / yr
    Convenience package? (Dunno exactly what that is! )
    Winter package
    Sport line
    dakota leather and metallic paint
    Navigation package
    MSRP 51400
    Negotiated price 47750
    MF 0.000130
    RV 62%
    Monthly payment of $572 with 0 down,no MSDs and taxes rolled in lease, fees, title are $1500 due at signing, any thoughts? Help much appreciated!
    edited May 2014

The numbers add up.. I get $544/mo. + tax.

MSDs would knock about $41/mo. off the after-tax payment.

I don't know what the convenience package entails, either..... they don't show it as an option on the BMW website, but it's possible that it was a different configuration on early builds.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jonnyzliojonnyzlio Member Posts: 5
    null
    It's actually the premium package ,I misunderstood
  • searoll923searoll923 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2014

Hi @kyfdx@Edmunds‌,

Few questions:

-I am wondering if I could get a residual and money factor for a 435 2-door coupe based on a 3 year lease @ 12K miles per year?

-Would also like to have m-performance parts installed at port. I am aware that these options are residualized in a lease, but how significant are they? According to the quote I received, it seems that I am being upcharged for these e.g. $760.00 for black kidney grilles while the list MSRP is $600 - is this normal to expect?

-My lease will expire in September, am I correct to assume that I may take advantage of the $1000 option credit in addition to the pull-ahead? Are they using any type of conquest incentive at this time [relative in the house has a Mercedes equivalent].

Thank you so much

@searoll923 said:
    Hi kyfdx@Edmunds‌,

Few questions:

-I am wondering if I could get a residual and money factor for a 435 2-door coupe based on a 3 year lease @ 12K miles per year?

-Would also like to have m-performance parts installed at port. I am aware that these options are residualized in a lease, but how significant are they? According to the quote I received, it seems that I am being upcharged for these e.g. $760.00 for black kidney grilles while the list MSRP is $600 - is this normal to expect?

-My lease will expire in September, am I correct to assume that I may take advantage of the $1000 option credit in addition to the pull-ahead? Are they using any type of conquest incentive at this time [relative in the house has a Mercedes equivalent].

Thank you so much

.00130 MF and 62% residual. $1000 option credit.

You should be able to use the pull-ahead program, and still get the $1000 option credit.

I'm not familiar with port-installed prices.. If the kidney grills list for $600, is that just the parts, or is installation extra? If the MSRP is $600 installed, then I would insist on that price from your dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds‌ - Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

You are right, it may just be MSRP for the part itself.

One verification that just occured - am I correct in assuming that I could use MSDs to lower the .00130 MF?

@searoll923 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds‌ - Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

You are right, it may just be MSRP for the part itself.

One verification that just occured - am I correct in assuming that I could use MSDs to lower the .00130 MF?

Absolutely - you can make up to 7 security deposits to reduce the MF by .00049 to .00081.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• toekneechin05toekneechin05 Member Posts: 34

Hi @kyfdx@Edmunds‌

When you make MSD, you get all of back at the end of the lease?

I was quote .0013 MF and 60% on a 428i 15k/36 months. Are these numbers in line for May?

@toekneechin05 said:
    Hi kyfdx@Edmunds‌

When you make MSD, you get all of back at the end of the lease?

I was quote .0013 MF and 60% on a 428i 15k/36 months. Are these numbers in line for May?

Yes, those numbers are accurate.

Your security deposit is independent of your lease-end charges... The MSDs are no different than any other security deposit. Entirely refundable.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2014

Hi, if a dealership is marking up the MF but is giving me a very good selling price which is lower then the other dealerships and my monthly lease payment is also coming out lower then should the higher MF make any difference to me. How does the high MF affect me? They have said they would not reduce the MF.

The other deals I have seen are giving me a MF of .00130 but this one is .00150 however the monthly price I am paying is very low. The sale price of $59000 on this deal is lower then the others. This is for a 428i xdrive convertible.

Here are the numbers

MSRP is 64600
    Invoice is 59555
    Residual is 62%
    MF is .00150
    Sale price $59000

Lease term: 3 year/12K miles per year

Lease payment is $739 per month including tax

Tax is $1982.65 including supplemental tax

$725 Acquisition fee
    $299 Doc fee
    $350 DMV fees
    1st month payment due at signing
    The Total of the above comes to $2113 due at signing.

• jks24jks24 Member Posts: 69

If you dont mind me chiming in here, why are you paying tax twice on a lease? You should only be paying tax on the monthly payment,not a supplemental tax? If it is a lease, I would basically be concerned with picking the lowest price per month. Minus that extra tax!

@vk3 said:
    Hi, if a dealership is marking up the MF but is giving me a very good selling price which is lower then the other dealerships and my monthly lease payment is also coming out lower then should the higher MF make any difference to me. How does the high MF affect me? They have said they would not reduce the MF.

The other deals I have seen are giving me a MF of .00130 but this one is .00150 however the monthly price I am paying is very low. The sale price of $59000 on this deal is lower then the others. This is for a 428i xdrive convertible.

Here are the numbers

MSRP is 64600
    Invoice is 59555
    Residual is 62%
    MF is .00150
    Sale price $59000

Lease term: 3 year/12K miles per year

Lease payment is $739 per month including tax

Tax is $1982.65 including supplemental tax

$725 Acquisition fee
    $299 Doc fee
    $350 DMV fees
    1st month payment due at signing
    The Total of the above comes to $2113 due at signing.

You are right... .all else being equal (term, mileage, vehicle), the lowest total cost is what's important.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gnjagognjago Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Hi,

I am ordering a 435i coupe, and with options it comes to $64375 (MSRP) in California.
    Currently there is just a $1000 options discount. Is there anything else? Are there any other rebates or is the dealer getting any incentives? I will finalize this week, and planning to negotiate to $60000 excluding the $1000 options discount. Is it too much to ask?
    Also, the residual is 63% for 36 months and 10k miles.

Also, I am not able to understand the concept of MSD?

• djzhudjzhu Member Posts: 12

I have the following deal in Seattle. 435i xdrive w/M sport, cold weather, driver assistance, dynamic handling, and premium package. MSRP- $58300, offered $53,990 ($800 above invoice, $1000 options credit), $925 acquisition, $150 doc.

$637/mo including taxes on 10k/36mo, MF 0.00081 w/7MSD's, 63% residual. Thoughts?

@gnjago said:
    Hi,

I am ordering a 435i coupe, and with options it comes to $64375 (MSRP) in California.
    Currently there is just a $1000 options discount. Is there anything else? Are there any other rebates or is the dealer getting any incentives? I will finalize this week, and planning to negotiate to $60000 excluding the $1000 options discount. Is it too much to ask?
    Also, the residual is 63% for 36 months and 10k miles.

Also, I am not able to understand the concept of MSD?

I'm not certain of the market for the new 4-series coupe, but I'd say that a 7% discount, plus the $1000 credit, might be at the very low end of what you can get.. no harm in trying!

The MSD (multiple security deposit) program gives you a discount from the money factor (.00007) for each additional deposit you make, up to 7 total deposits. Resulting in a total money factor decrease of .00049, if you make the full amount. Just like any other security deposit, the amount is your payment, rounded up to the next $50 increment. So, if your payment was $659/mo, each additional deposit would be $700 ($4900 if you made all 7).

Is it a good deal? Give the parameters you've outlined above, you'd save about $50/mo. on your lease payment using MSDs. That's an after-tax return of over 12% on $4900 (which you get back at end-of-lease, just like any other security deposit).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@djzhu said:
    I have the following deal in Seattle. 435i xdrive w/M sport, cold weather, driver assistance, dynamic handling, and premium package. MSRP- $58300, offered $53,990 ($800 above invoice, $1000 options credit), $925 acquisition, $150 doc.

$637/mo including taxes on 10k/36mo, MF 0.00081 w/7MSD's, 63% residual. Thoughts?

What is tax in WA, about 9%? Looks very good.... they've marked up the acq.fee by $200, but given the overall deal, I wouldn't worry about that...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I know this isn't common, but what are the current residuals and MF for 2 year leases on the 435xi [10k and 12k miles per year] as well as the M4 [same mileage]?

@searoll923 said:
    I know this isn't common, but what are the current residuals and MF for 2 year leases on the 435xi [10k and 12k miles per year] as well as the M4 [same mileage]?

.00130 MF and 69%/68% residual. $1000 option credit.

2015 M4: .00133 MF and 64%/63% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mdoctor1mdoctor1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds‌ - have been reading your comments, and would appreciate your insight. I'm new to this and looking to lease a 2014 435i Coupe in Miami, FL.. MSRP $50,075... his initial offer was only $1k off which I'm sure can move on, but what concerned me a bit was MF of 0.0017 and resid of 63%. Coming out to $660 a month, which seems pretty high to me. Any idea why MF is so high? What are my levers to pull here in negotiation?

Edit: This is a 36 month lease / 10k miles

Thanks

@mdoctor1 said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds‌ - have been reading your comments, and would appreciate your insight. I'm new to this and looking to lease a 2014 435i Coupe in Miami, FL.. MSRP $50,075... his initial offer was only $1k off which I'm sure can move on, but what concerned me a bit was MF of 0.0017 and resid of 63%. Coming out to $660 a month, which seems pretty high to me. Any idea why MF is so high? What are my levers to pull here in negotiation?

Edit: This is a 36 month lease / 10k miles

Thanks

The dealer is marking up the money factor for extra profit.. the maximum markup allowed.. That, and the selling price are your two negotiable variables.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Question concerning tax. The dealer is adding in the tax to the net cap cost, meaning the finance charge is being applied to the tax also. Seems to me the tax should be calculated after the monthly payment is determined. Unusual? Thanks in advance.

@georgenj said:
    Question concerning tax. The dealer is adding in the tax to the net cap cost, meaning the finance charge is being applied to the tax also. Seems to me the tax should be calculated after the monthly payment is determined. Unusual? Thanks in advance.

Not in NJ - that's how it works there for leases.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jerryhzejerryhze Member Posts: 14

Hello, do you have the numbers for a 2015 M4, 24 month, 10k/12k miles?

@jerryhze said:
    Hello, do you have the numbers for a 2015 M4, 24 month, 10k/12k miles?

.00133 MF and 64%/63% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tvmptvmp Member Posts: 1

Is the residual a percentage of the negotiated price or the msrp?

MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.