Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy stabilitrak with lean code

lilkrallilkral Member Posts: 4
edited May 2014 in Chevrolet
Alright folks with this Chevrolet Ian tell you from experience that many of the electrical gremlins you are chasing are commonly caused by high resistance in the ground cable(door locks going on off etc). As for the stabilitrak light, this will come on any time the vehicle posts a performance issue in the pcm. Lean code=stabilitrak light. MOut common cause on the Chevrolets is the intake manifold gaskets which have been redisgned. But I can honestly tell you that my own vehicle is having the same issue and I haven't been able to narrow it down. All the fixes I have applied to my many customers over the years aren't holding true for my own vehicle. Just dessert I guess.

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Have you messed with the throttle body at all? You know, maybe something like unmetered air getting past the MAF?

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Which Chevy are you talking about? All of them?

• lilkrallilkral Member Posts: 4
    Mostly the tahoe, silverdo, suburban and of course their gmc cousins. 5.3l and 6.0l are the most affected
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Thanks, funny that the fixes for all your customers isn't working on your SUV. Never fails eh?

Pretty bad. Funny, of course. I find it funny when my ase master with L1 can't fix my own vehicle. I have resorted to merely waiting for something to completely break. My sierra only throws the lean code/stabilitrak on decel. Makes absolutely zero sense as vehicles run rich on decel. Very annoying
    Mr shift. Being in my field does have perks. I replaced both the throttle body and maf reset fuel trims and made it less than three miles. It great when you can return such parts as the average consumer dosent have this option. Smoke and leak tested both intake and exhaust. If either is leaking it's below .010 of an inch