Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Note

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited January 2014 in Nissan

The new Versa Note is something I'm considering as it's almost time to add another car to the driveway. As soon as I take a test drive, I'll report on that. I've seen a couple on the road, so perhaps we have some owners who could report on their experience thus far. As always, in our house, I'm interested in the manual tranny!

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

We never really plan to purchase a new car. Somehow my wife and I simultaneously arrive at the conclusion and find ourselves "just going to look".

I can feel it coming ;)

• smalltownsmalltown Member Posts: 75

I have been driving my Versa Note since near the end of June, 2013. I bought the first one from the dealer, metallic blue SV with Convenience package. Since I am retiring end of May, 2014, this is my retirement car, small and very functional with just enough electronics. A few observations:
    1. Handling is quite adequate for day-to-day driving, certainly not as good as the MINI Cooper that I replaced, but very predictable. Ride is comfortable for a small car, particularly on rough secondary roads.
    2. Great for defensive driving. You have to plan & not be impulsive.
    3. Very comfortable for me, small person with long torso and short legs. If you are tall with long legs, you'll have problems.
    4. CVT is pretty good. When you accelerate to highway speed, the RPM will stay at 3000-4000 until you let up on the gas.
    5. At 50-60 mph, the mileage readout moves between mid 30's to low 40's. If you go at 70 mph on interstates, the readout drops to around 30-32.
    6. Handles well in snow. Traction control will save you in many situations. Never came close to being stuck this snowy winter.
    7. Heats very slowly, but works. May take 2-3 miles before the gauge starts to creep up.

We're about to purchase a Note, and my wife wants the manual tranny. We've had nothing but manuals since 1979, but that streak may end because you cannot get the Note with manual without sacrificing power windows and locks. She's going to take a test drive today to see how she feels about the CVT. :(

A little over 3,000 miles into our Note and we're loving it. Still wish we had a manual tranny, but other than that, it's all been good. This is the 5th Versa we've purchased (still have 3 others in the family). The Note is just a touch smaller than previous models, although they have made the headlights far more accessible for bulb changing. No more knuckle-busting! I'm curious why the fuel filler was moved to the left side, but that just is what it is. I love the seats and how they hold you. The rear seat center arm rest with cup holders is handy, as is the driver's seat arm rest. I really like the changes in body styling as well.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

I like having the fuel filler on the left - that way I can double-check the pump price as I drive up to the pump and keep on going if it's too high. :smile:

@stever said:
    I like having the fuel filler on the left - that way I can double-check the pump price as I drive up to the pump and keep on going if it's too high. :smile:

I don't know why that never occurred to me before!

• dennis333dennis333 Member Posts: 3

I have a 09 Versa 160,000 miles and its junk. The head is cracked and the CVT belt drive transmission is junk. It won't pull its self. Around $8000 to fix. What a rip off. Driving an 87 f150 over 2000,000 on it $400.