Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Altima Lease Questions

Comments

• nycmanycma Member Posts: 38

Also, if you could provide MF and residual for the 2014 Altima 3.5 SL with Tech/Nav also for 12k miles per year, both 36 and 39 months that would be great as well. Thanks a lot!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830

@nycma said:
    I’m an NYC resident looking to lease in NY/NJ (I think it’s all just considered tri state so rates should be the same, but you can correct me if I’m wrong). Do you have the MF and Residual for a 2014 Altima 2.5 SL with Tech/Nav and moon roof for 12k miles per year, both 36 and 39 months? Thanks much appreciated!

.00003 MF and 54% residual. 36mo, 12K/yr. 39 month leases are not supported.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@nycma said:
    Also, if you could provide MF and residual for the 2014 Altima 3.5 SL with Tech/Nav also for 12k miles per year, both 36 and 39 months that would be great as well. Thanks a lot!

.00003 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nycmanycma Member Posts: 38

Thanks for the info and quick response kyfdx@edmunds. Btw I'm so used to nissan offering 39 month leases (that's what my current one is for) I just assumed it was the default option, so thanks for correcting me.

@nycma said:
    Thanks for the info and quick response kyfdx@edmunds. Btw I'm so used to nissan offering 39 month leases (that's what my current one is for) I just assumed it was the default option, so thanks for correcting me.

Nissan and Infiniti run a lot of 39 month specials... just not on this model, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• elitox87elitox87 Member Posts: 24

@kydfx - so is it 54 or 55% residual? saw 2 posts 2 different %. thanks

Two different posts with two different models. (2.5SL or 3.5SL)

So...which model and what term/mileage allowance?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• morghead12morghead12 Member Posts: 22

Anyone lease a 2.5 SL or 3.5 SL in the month of May? What was your deal?

• elitox87elitox87 Member Posts: 24

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Two different posts with two different models. (2.5SL or 3.5SL)

So...which model and what term/mileage allowance?

ah, ops. got it. thanks.

• justarandomjustarandom Member Posts: 9

Just got a quote for a lease on a 2014 Altima 2.5SL with Tech Pkg. Looking to see if it's a good deal and what a better option might be if not.

MSRP $31,070 reduced to 27,343- 36mo 12k mi/year, Residual of $16,777, no money down after applying $3600 trade (For a car I could sell on private market for 4k.) Total monthly payment is $263 for 35 months(Taxes included). That is not a typo btw, I guess first month is covered with trade-in.

Thoughts? Is there a better counter I could come to them with?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

@justarandom said:
    Just got a quote for a lease on a 2014 Altima 2.5SL with Tech Pkg. Looking to see if it's a good deal and what a better option might be if not.

MSRP $31,070 reduced to 27,343- 36mo 12k mi/year, Residual of $16,777, no money down after applying $3600 trade (For a car I could sell on private market for 4k.) Total monthly payment is $263 for 35 months(Taxes included). That is not a typo btw, I guess first month is covered with trade-in.

Thoughts? Is there a better counter I could come to them with?

I would recommend against using your trade equity as a down payment to reduce the cap cost and monthly payment. If the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Have the dealer cut you a check for the trade equity and use that money each month to help make the (now higher) monthly payment).

Also, what is the negotiated selling price? You should be at or below invoice before incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks for the advice... I'm curious... Is trading in a vehicle and applying that to the cap cost any different than putting cash down? The negotiated selling price is $27,343 I believe. How would you recommend I move forward? Would you counter? Do you need more info? Thanks!

@justarandom said:
    Thanks for the advice... I'm curious... Is trading in a vehicle and applying that to the cap cost any different than putting cash down? The negotiated selling price is $27,343 I believe. How would you recommend I move forward? Would you counter? Do you need more info? Thanks!

No - cash down and trade equity are applied to a lease the same way. They reduce the net capitalized cost. I would have the dealer re-run the numbers without any trade equity.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

What if I'd rather not have to deal with selling my car on the private market? Would you recommend having everyone assume no trade equity for the purpose of having clear apples to apples comparisons? Then once I've made the decision to bring the trade equity back into the equation? I really appreciate the help and hope my questions aren't too naive. I know a lot of leases require money down and I hoped I could use my car as a way to offset some of the cash outlay.

@justarandom said:
    What if I'd rather not have to deal with selling my car on the private market? Would you recommend having everyone assume no trade equity for the purpose of having clear apples to apples comparisons? Then once I've made the decision to bring the trade equity back into the equation? I really appreciate the help and hope my questions aren't too naive. I know a lot of leases require money down and I hoped I could use my car as a way to offset some of the cash outlay.

Let's clarify - there are two different categories of "up front" money for a lease. First is taxes and fees. Some states and manufacturers allow these to be rolled into the lease, others don't. Using trade equity for this is OK.

Second is "cap cost reduction" - a fancy way of saying down payment. Trade equity is not suggested to be used for this, as I mentioned above.

No need to sell the car privately. You can trade it in and any equity not used for taxes and fees can be refunded to you as a check from the dealership.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Gotcha, this is very helpful. Thank you!

@Michaell said:
    No need to sell the car privately. You can trade it in and any equity not used for taxes and fees can be refunded to you as a check from the dealership.

Great,

So I just called them back and got these numbers, assuming no trade-equity...

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5SL

MSRP: $31,070
    Negotiated Sales Price: $28,293, with $950 rebate bringing to $27,343
    TTL and other Fees: $797.24
    Payoff: $16,777
    Purchase Offer Fee: $300
    Disposition Fee: $395
    MF: .00003
    Monthly Payment including tax (thought tax was covered above): $363

He said they would cut me a check for $3600 for the car.

Is this a square deal? How might you counter if not?

Sorry, meant to include @Michaell in new post

Just got a quote on a 14' Altima 2.5 SL with tech package and moonroof in Ohio, 36 month/12k miles a year, MSRP $28,553...$295 a month which includes all taxes and fees...Zero dollars out of pocket...Same dealership also offered me $265 a month with $1000 down...how is this deal?

Sorry, need to correct the above MSRP, it should be $30,620...I believe the sale price is $28,553.

@justarandom said:
    Great,

So I just called them back and got these numbers, assuming no trade-equity...

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5SL

MSRP: $31,070
    Negotiated Sales Price: $28,293, with $950 rebate bringing to $27,343
    TTL and other Fees: $797.24
    Payoff: $16,777
    Purchase Offer Fee: $300
    Disposition Fee: $395
    Monthly Payment including tax (thought tax was covered above): $363

He said they would cut me a check for $3600 for the car.

Is this a square deal? How might you counter if not?

Looks better. Even though the payment went up, you're getting the equity from your trade returned to you.

TT&L is a common abbreviation - I don't think you're getting double taxed. Unless your state has a personal property tax that the dealer collects.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@morghead12 said:
    Just got a quote on a 14' Altima 2.5 SL with tech package and moonroof in Ohio, 36 month/12k miles a year, MSRP $28,553...$295 a month which includes all taxes and fees...Zero dollars out of pocket...Same dealership also offered me $265 a month with $1000 down...how is this deal?

What is the selling price? Seems to be a fair deal. Avoid putting money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited May 2014

@Michaell said: What is the selling price? Seems to be a fair deal. Avoid putting money down on a lease - if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

I was mistaken with the MSRP I listed above. MSRP should be $30,620 and a sales price of $28,553. Think I can get that payment lower?

@morghead12 said:

The only way to reduce a lease payment is to negotiate a lower selling price or ensure that the MF is not being marked up..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited May 2014

Just picked up a '14 Altima 2.5 SL with Tech package and moonroof in Ohio...36 month/12k miles a year...zero dollars out of pocket, $279 (includes taxes and fees) a month and they paid my last Cadillac payment of $333.78. MSRP was $30,960. How was this deal?

Altimas are great deals to lease, right now.. Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@morghead12 said:
    Just picked up a '14 Altima 2.5 SL with Tech package and moonroof in Ohio...36 month/12k miles a year...zero dollars out of pocket, $279 (includes taxes and fees) a month and they paid my last Cadillac payment of $333.78. MSRP was $30,960. How was this deal?

Curious to hear what your negotiated sales price was, as well as the Residual. Assuming money factor is .00003

edited May 2014

@justarandom said:
    Curious to hear what your negotiated sales price was, as well as the Residual. Assuming money factor is .00003

Residual is $16,718.40...my adjusted capitalized cost is $26,726.19...total gross capitalized cost is $27,676.19

@kyfdx said:
    Altimas are great deals to lease, right now.. Congrats!

Thank you

• travelgeek121travelgeek121 Member Posts: 23

@kyfdx I am currently leasing a Subaru that matures on July 1st. I was getting my wife's nissan serviced yesterday and decided to check out the Altima and get a price on it. They offered me a price of $300 below invoice on the 2014 Altima SL. sticker price $29,960. with rebates, incentives and 0 out of pocket (sign and drive) they quoted me $325 a month tax in (tax is 9% where I live) This price caught me off guard as I was expecting them to come back with something in the 375 range.

My real question is this. is this such an exceptional deal that I should flush my last month's payment down the toilet and go get it early or will I likely be able to obtain a similar deal at the end of June? The dealer is telling me the incentives that have created such a low payment expire 5/26 for half and 6/2 for the other. Should I be pushing for a stronger deal from them? I know I can qualify for tier 0

I have leased enough vehicles to know that this is a pretty fair deal. I just would rather avoid losing my last month's payment( $327) and the $300 disposition fee from Subaru. any help is greatly appreciated.

MF was .00003 and residual was 54%. If I am calculating @morghead12's numbers correctly his risidual was more like 62% Is this something I should look more into. they quoted me $950 lease cash and $500 memorial day bonus.

$30K car for $300/mo. + tax is a really good deal.

Will the deals be as good at the end of next month? There is no way to tell. I would guess that they will be, but I've been wrong a lot.. ;)

The bigger question is: Are you sure you want the Altima? If you know that's the right car for you, then losing $327 on one month of the Subaru is pretty minor, and I'd grab it before the Memorial Day cash is up. Unless you lease another Subaru, you are out the $300 disposition fee, anyway, right? Because, if that is the car you've picked, and the price goes up by $1000 next month, you've really lost out.

If you are just shopping for a deal, and might be happier with another car, then no harm in waiting... you might still decide to go with the Altima, but you have another month to decide.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vb1pavb1pa Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2014

Hi, can someone tell me what are the MF/Res for following:

SV: 24m/12k OR 36/12k

S: 24m/12k OR 36/12k

Also what are available dealer incentives this month on leasing through nissan? Maybe someone can list all of them out?

@vb1pa said:
    Hi, can someone tell me what are the MF/Res for following:

SV: 24m/12k OR 36/12k

S: 24m/12k OR 36/12k

Also what are available dealer incentives this month on leasing through nissan? Maybe someone can list all of them out?

Money factor is .00003

2.5 model?

Residuals are 64% and 57% for the S, and 1% lower for the SV

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vb1pavb1pa Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2014

@kyfdx‌ , thank you! yes I was referring to 2.5S or 2.5SV. So here are the numbers:

SV: 24m/12k = 63% 36/12k = 56%

S: 24m/12k = 64% OR 36/12k = 57%

Now what about dealer incentives? Here is what I was able to gather, please comment/add.

Leasing Bonus Cash = 250

Customer Bonus Cash = 1000

Memorial Day Bonus Cash = 500

$1,000 Customer Retail Cash = 1000

Can anyone comment all of the above can be applied towards lease?

@kyfdx said:
    Residuals are 64% and 57% for the S, and 1% lower for the SV

Just got a 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5SL fully loaded (Tech Pkg, Nav, Moonroof, Illuminated Kickplates) for the following rate.

• $30,795 MSRP
    • $28,444 Cap
    • $16,907 Residual
    • $0 Down
    • Monthly Payment: $350 with taxes included
    • 12k miles per year

Hoping this was a good deal. Any thoughts?

@kyfdx thanks for the response. I am not set on the Altima. I like the car but there are a few others I like just as much or more. I was just caught off guard at how low the payment was. I checked out leasing another Subaru with similar equipment and am not really close to the price they gave me on the Altima, I am still checking out a Fusion titanium though. I really like that car and they seem to have some incentives running as well.

I hope I can get an idea on how strong the lease would be on the fusion over the next few days. If the Altima monthly payment is the winner by more than a narrow margin. I will probably get it before the bonus cash is over.

Thanks very much for the information.

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421

@travelgeek121‌

Be sure to share your driving impressions, pricing, & incentives over on "Midsized Sedans 2.0"

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• liz2345liz2345 Member Posts: 1
    Need help - was just quoted on the 2.5 s : 199/mo, $0 down and. $110 for taxes and fees upfront. What do you all think? Much appreciated.
  • eric3316eric3316 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

Just leased a 2014 Nissan Altima SV 2.5 with convenience and tech package. Sticker was $27,990. Selling price was a little over $25,000. Don't remember the exact number.

The buy back price after the lease is right around $15,000 I think.

It is a 36 month lease w/12k miles.

My payment is $289 a month including all taxes and fee's. I put zero down and the dealer is making my first payment.

Hoping this was a decent deal. I didn't really have the time to shop around but did try and work the dealer I was at.

Good deal or bring my future business elsewhere?

edited May 2014

@liz2345 said:
    Need help - was just quoted on the 2.5 s : 199/mo, $0 down and. $110 for taxes and fees upfront. What do you all think? Much appreciated.

What is the MSRP and selling price? Lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• csp06csp06 Member Posts: 29

Are the June rates out for the Altima?

@csp06 said:
    Are the June rates out for the Altima?

Yes

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said: Yes

Can you please provide them for a SL V6? 36/12

Thanks

@csp06 said:

Can you please provide them for a SL V6? 36/12

Thanks

.00003 MF and 55% residual for 3.5 SL

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    .00003 MF and 55% residual for 3.5 SL

Thanks for your quick response, can you please give me 24 months /12k for the same 3.5 SL?

@csp06 said:
    Thanks for your quick response, can you please give me 24 months /12k for the same 3.5 SL?

63% and .00003

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rolento76rolento76 Member Posts: 47

Hi. Can I get the numbers and any incentives for a 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan 12k/24 month lease?

@rolento76 said:
    Hi. Can I get the numbers and any incentives for a 2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan 12k/24 month lease?

.00003 MF and 63% residual. 36 month residuals are just 7% lower.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator