Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Acura RDX Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2015 in Acura
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Acura RDX Lease Questions and 2016 Acura RDX Lease Questions forums.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Acura RDX and 2016 Acura RDX pages.

To see all forums discussions about the RDX, including earlier model years, please visit our list of Acura RDXdiscussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• cakes99cakes99 Member Posts: 27
    Can some one help me with information regarding the calculation of the residual on a lease.

I had a lease I was negotiating for 10K miles, residual with 59%, when we started to look at changing the milage to 12K they told me the residual changes to 58%.

Now I am thinking I might need to have 15K miles per year on my lease. Can anyone tell me how this would change the residual?

Thanks
  • roofroof Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone update me on current pricing and/or lease terms for this model. I am looking for a 10k lease, 36 months though a local dealer is offering 0% financing for 60 months. I am getting the runaround... "Just come in we will work it out." I have not found recent numbers here to help move this along.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    Subtract 2% from 12K/yr to get 15K/yr residual

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cakes99cakes99 Member Posts: 27
    Please look over our deal, we are working with dealer and this is the offer:

2014RDX AWD W/TECD 15K Lease

Lease Price-$38,295.31
    Total Sales Tax-$1,407.44
    Base Monthly Payment-$492.50
    Total Monthly Payment-$526.98
    Total Upfront Money-$2,000.00

my calculations with a money factor of .00127 and depreciation of 56% for 15K lease comes out to $454.00 base payment before taxes. Not sure what else they are throwing into the lease. I have been using the lease calculator on Edmunds.

Can you tell me if you think there is any room for negotiation in this deal? You help would be much appreciated.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Again, you cannot use an online calculator, even from Edmunds, and get the exact monthly payment yourself.

Each state taxes & fees differently, and for instance some states tax the entire sales price, some states tax only the payment, some states tax only the depreciated amount, and your money down can also be applied differently.

Case in point, any Acura Financial account also has a $595 Acquisition fee to account for, along with document and registration fees. These few items generally are never accounted for properly when doing any self calculation. Leases only work 1 way, specific to the state, and the online calculators do not account for registration/dealer fees/acquisition fees properly.

I would venture to say at least the $595 acquisition, document fee, and state registration/title fees are not in the other calculator, at least.
  • worldorder78worldorder78 Member Posts: 1

I was given this quote for 2014 AWD RDX with tech package. Down (including title, doc, fee and 1st month payment) 3800 with a monthly payment of 455. thoughts?

• bceagles88bceagles88 Member Posts: 71

Does anyone know the January numbers (MF and Residual) for an AWD with Tech 3 year 10k/yr?

The December numbers are good through January 6th.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jakpennjakpenn Member Posts: 20

Any new numbers out there yet? Thanks

.00118 MF and 59% residual for 36month, 15K/yr (non-Tech)

Subtract 3% from residual for Tech -equipped models.

Add 2% for 12K/yr, add 3% for 10K/yr

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jakpennjakpenn Member Posts: 20

Thank you

• trebsninotrebsnino Member Posts: 3

Can you help me? I live in Los Angeles and I'm trying to lease a 2014 Acura RDX 2wd without tech package. Here is what I have been quoted.

$32,265 RV 62% MF .00128

Going for a 36 mo lease with 10,000 miles/year. Is this a good money factor? When do the new numbers come out? Thanks so much for your help.

Those are the correct numbers. The current program is scheduled to run through March 3rd.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Is it too early to have an idea what the new numbers for the RDX will be? I'd like to know the difference in the numbers between the 2WD and AWD non-tech packages if possible. 10,000 miles/yr, 36 mo lease. Thanks kyfdx!

Yes.. it's too early

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

How about now?

@trebsnino said:
    Is it too early to have an idea what the new numbers for the RDX will be? I'd like to know the difference in the numbers between the 2WD and AWD non-tech packages if possible. 10,000 miles/yr, 36 mo lease. Thanks kyfdx!

.00121 MF and 61% residual for either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gdfaulknergdfaulkner Member Posts: 6

What are the March 2014 MF and residual for a 10K, 36mo lease on the RDX AWD w/Technology Package? Thanks!

@gdfaulkner said:
    What are the March 2014 MF and residual for a 10K, 36mo lease on the RDX AWD w/Technology Package? Thanks!

.00121 MF and 58% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• djrichdjrich Member Posts: 35

Any news on April Lease numbers for RDX Base and RDX Tech? I know its a hot vehicle but I Wonder if Acura will spiff up incentives with '15s coming this month....

@djrich said:
    Any news on April Lease numbers for RDX Base and RDX Tech? I know its a hot vehicle but I Wonder if Acura will spiff up incentives with '15s coming this month....

The money factor is .00121, but still looking for residual information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Base model residual is 58% for 36mo, 15K/yr

Tech model is 55%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• djrichdjrich Member Posts: 35

great - no dealer cash this month for leasing the 2014s?

I don't have that info... you can check under Car Research tab, above, and see if Edmunds has information in the Incentives and Rebates section.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kzevokzevo Member Posts: 53
    What is the May MF and residual for 10k 36months for a tech pkg Awd,thank you.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,916

@kzevo said:
    What is the May MF and residual for 10k 36months for a tech pkg Awd,thank you.

57% and .00121. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Do you have residuals, money factor and lease cash for a 2015 awd tech, 36/12k in NJ?

@georgenj said:
    Do you have residuals, money factor and lease cash for a 2015 awd tech, 36/12k in NJ?

Residual is 60%. We don't have any money factor data or incentive information on the 2015 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kshaykshay Member Posts: 19

I understand many Acura dealers in Los Angeles are offering deals this memorial weekend. What are the current MF and residual for 36 mo, 10k and 12k for RDX AWD, Tech Package? Are there any current incentives? Thanks

@kshay said:
    I understand many Acura dealers in Los Angeles are offering deals this memorial weekend. What are the current MF and residual for 36 mo, 10k and 12k for RDX AWD, Tech Package? Are there any current incentives? Thanks

.00121 MF and $750 lease cash. 57%/56% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• in_suspensein_suspense Member Posts: 1

What is the current MF and residual for a 2014 RDX with tech (not AWD) for 36/15? What about the same but for a 2015? Thanks!

@in_suspense said:
    What is the current MF and residual for a 2014 RDX with tech (not AWD) for 36/15? What about the same but for a 2015? Thanks!

54% for 2014 with .00121 MF and $750 lease cash

2015 residual is 58%; no MF info as yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• jla76jla76 Member Posts: 28
    Was wondering if this is a good deal for a 2015 awd w tech 36m/12k, the dealer is going thru a local credit union in NY and I don't have specifics of MF/residual.
    $439/month
    Due at inception $2950 (nys tax, 1st month, origination fee, dmv)

We don't have information for independent bank leasing. Not much info even from Acura on the 2015 model, other than the residual is 60% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

While the deal looks reasonable, I'm wary of independent banks for leasing. At lease turn-in, they have no incentive to treat you right, as they aren't trying to sell you another car. Not sure why, but they always seem to be in NYS.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nsp7nsp7 Member Posts: 3

@jla76 said:
    Was wondering if this is a good deal for a 2015 awd w tech 36m/12k, the dealer is going thru a local credit union in NY and I don't have specifics of MF/residual.
    $439/month
    Due at inception $2950 (nys tax, 1st month, origination fee, dmv)

What dealership are you working with?

• av1011av1011 Member Posts: 14

I am looking for MF and RV for 2014 and 2015 RDX for 12k miles/yr for 36 months?

• jla76jla76 Member Posts: 28
    null
    Smithtown acura

@av1011 said:
    I am looking for MF and RV for 2014 and 2015 RDX for 12k miles/yr for 36 months?

RWD or AWD? Tech or no tech?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nsp7nsp7 Member Posts: 3

@Michaell said:

Not the original poster, but looking for the June '15 RDX AWD Tech MF and RV for 12k miles/yr and 36 months. Thanks

@nsp7 said:
    Not the original poster, but looking for the June '15 RDX AWD Tech MF and RV for 12k miles/yr and 36 months. Thanks

60% and .00121. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mikeb3304mikeb3304 Member Posts: 3

@kyfdx said:
    We don't have information for independent bank leasing. Not much info even from Acura on the 2015 model, other than the residual is 60% for 36mo, 12K/yr.

While the deal looks reasonable, I'm wary of independent banks for leasing. At lease turn-in, they have no incentive to treat you right, as they aren't trying to sell you another car. Not sure why, but they always seem to be in NYS.

I appreciate hearing your thoughts on the following offer.

2015 RDX AWD - negotiated price $36269
    Lease is through a credit union - apparently there is a group in Long Island that has offered credit unions a low risk way of getting into leases. fusionautofinance.com/

I asked the dealership point blank about issues arising at the time of the return and he said they actually have a pretty defined list of what is acceptable wear and tear - here's a link http://fusionautofinance.com/nosurprises.pdf

Anyway down to the nitty gritty

The terms they are offering seem to be pretty decent but I was looking for some confirmation -

On a 39 month lease the numbers are as follows:
    MF = .0011
    Residual = 63% for 10k/yr and 62% for 12k/yr
    Due at signing = $2730 includes first payment
    Monthly = $379

Adding Tech drops the Residual to 60%

I'm struggling a bit as I've never leased a car before - the alternate would be a purchase of a 2014 RDX AWD with Tech - I think I can get it for $37,000 and Acura is offering in house financing of .09% financing for up to 60 months right now.

I tend to keep cars for a while (2001 Toyota Highlander and 2007 Audi A4 in driveway right now) and always lean towards purchasing but the lease terms are somewhat attractive.

Again - looking for confirmation that the lease numbers are fair.

Thanks

The numbers are definitely competitive with whatever program Acura Finance will have..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mikeb3304mikeb3304 Member Posts: 3

@kyfdx said:
    The numbers are definitely competitive with whatever program Acura Finance will have..

Thanks for the confirmation. To close the loop I found a 2014 AWD without tech and negotiated a fair price for an outright purchase - $35,300 financed through Honda credit for .9%.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2014

Congrats! Every time I toy with the idea of leasing, I always come back to buying. But I tend to trash my cars a bit. I just sold my '97 and my '99 is up for sale, so at least my main ride is of this century now.

• My dealer has told me that the money factor for the 2015 RDX is .00160. Is that the number you have as well. Thanks.

I don't have anything on the 2015 RDX, except for residual values.. but, Acura's standard money factor for non-subsidized leases has been .0016-.0017 for some time... so, there is a very good chance that your dealer's information is accurate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can I please get the MF and residual for a 2015 and 2014 RDX with tech package for 36 months and 15K/yr. also any lease incentives on 2014 or 2015? Thank you

@kzevo said:
    Can I please get the MF and residual for a 2015 and 2014 RDX with tech package for 36 months and 15K/yr. also any lease incentives on 2014 or 2015? Thank you

2014: .00121 MF and 54% residual. $750 lease cash.

2015: Not sure of the MF, but others have heard .0016-.0017. Residual is 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

thank you

• leaselover15leaselover15 Member Posts: 7

For 2015 RDX AWD with Tech, can you please give me the Residual and MF for 12k miles/yr.

This discussion has been closed.