Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Lease Questions

Comments

• david6677david6677 Member Posts: 2

Where you got it?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,186

@ckvlm said:
    Thanks Michael. Now the difficult part is to get to those numbers with dealers here. How much percentage we should add for tax in nj

Tax in NJ is around 7%.. not sure if it's on the sum of payments, or just the depreciation, but it's paid to the state, upfront. Of course, you can always add that amount to your CAP cost and pay for it over the term of the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ckvlmckvlm Member Posts: 3

Thank you very much

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056

@ckvlm said:
    Thanks Michael. Now the difficult part is to get to those numbers with dealers here. How much percentage we should add for tax in nj

I don't know the sales tax rates in NJ - here in Colorado, it varies based on where you live. State sales tax, county sales tax, city sales tax, regional sales tax. Ugh. I know I pay 7.5%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• whichluxurycarwhichluxurycar Member Posts: 54

Michaell,

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will also look at the 2014 ML350 BLUETEC. Can you give me the rates for that as well? Again, thanks!

@whichluxurycar said:
    Thanks for the info. Maybe I will also look at the 2014 ML350 BLUETEC. Can you give me the rates for that as well? Again, thanks!

Standard MF (.00195-.00225) and 59% (15K) and 61% (12K)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• sakipoursakipour Member Posts: 4

I have a quote for leasing a 2014 ML 350 4matic, Metallic paint, Premier 1 package. I am curious if this adds up to a good deal (I live in Westchester county NY):

$2500 due at signing (includes first payment, etc.)
    $697.35 per month for lease term of 30 months
    12K miles

The $2500 due at inception includes a hefty bank fee of $995, a cap cost reduction of $462, DMV $216, first month payment of $697.35 (which don't exactly add up to $2500 but almost.) I am a little curious about the bank fee. What is it exactly? Is it a bogus fee?

Taxes of $1668 have been rolled up into the monthly payment.

Others: mf (for direct deposit) is 0.00104
    MSRP: 55855
    Residual: 61%
    Cost: $50909

Does this deal make sense? I would appreciate any feedback!

(I guess I should have started a new thread instead of commenting on someone else's. Sorry about that.)

@sakipour said:
    I have a quote for leasing a 2014 ML 350 4matic, Metallic paint, Premier 1 package. I am curious if this adds up to a good deal (I live in Westchester county NY):

$2500 due at signing (includes first payment, etc.)
    $697.35 per month for lease term of 30 months
    12K miles

The $2500 due at inception includes a hefty bank fee of $995, a cap cost reduction of $462, DMV $216, first month payment of $697.35 (which don't exactly add up to $2500 but almost.) I am a little curious about the bank fee. What is it exactly? Is it a bogus fee?

Taxes of $1668 have been rolled up into the monthly payment.

Others: mf (for direct deposit) is 0.00104
    MSRP: 55855
    Residual: 61%
    Cost: $50909

Does this deal make sense? I would appreciate any feedback!

Actually, the deal does make sense... the calculations come within about $5/mo, so that is probably spot on.. The base bank fee is marked up from $795, but the money factor is the base, and the residual is correct.. I would guess that the rest of the $2500 is probably upfront tax on the acquisition fee and cap cost reduction..

Other than the extra $200 markup on the acq.fee, the only variable is the selling price.. If you are happy with that, then the rest of it looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Wonderful! Thanks! I had forgotten to mention that they have waived maintenance fee for 2 years, 20K miles. So, overall, I feel good about the deal. What I am not happy about: I had asked for a 0 down deal; so I am not sure why they tacked on the cap cost reduction of $492. Is it worth arguing about? And the extra $200 of bank fee markup?

@sakipour said:
    Wonderful! Thanks! I had forgotten to mention that they have waived maintenance fee for 2 years, 20K miles. So, overall, I feel good about the deal. What I am not happy about: I had asked for a 0 down deal; so I am not sure why they tacked on the cap cost reduction of $492. Is it worth arguing about? And the extra $200 of bank fee markup?

Dealers like round numbers, and they like to get that payment down, so it looks cheaper.. That $492 dropped the payment under $700/mo.

It wouldn't bother me to have a $492 cap reduction, though I'm fond of just writing a check for something close to the 1st payment at lease signing.. But, the dealer will have no problem adjusting your due at signing to $2000, and rolling that extra amount into the payment... It makes absolutely no difference to him.. I'd ask for the $200 lower, as well.... but, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Now I can't wait to pick my new Merc. Many thanks :)

• verbowverbow Member Posts: 7

Mods,

While I've seen the April MF/residual for the 2014 ML350 discussed, do you have it for the ML550? Assume a 27-33 month lease (MB seems to vary their sweet spot) with 10k miles/yr.

Much appreciated!

edited April 2014

I'm a pretty "advanced" user of lease services at this point in life, but I don't understand why there is a "range" on the standard rate quote. It varies by month? It is the difference between buy rate and some "standard" dealer mark up? Can you help me understand?

Thanks for all of your help!

@verbow said:
    Mods,

While I've seen the April MF/residual for the 2014 ML350 discussed, do you have it for the ML550? Assume a 27-33 month lease (MB seems to vary their sweet spot) with 10k miles/yr.

Much appreciated!

MF is "standard" - .00195 to .00225, residual is 60% for 27/10K and 53% for 36/10K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@whichluxurycar said:
    I'm a pretty "advanced" user of lease services at this point in life, but I don't understand why there is a "range" on the standard rate quote. It varies by month? It is the difference between buy rate and some "standard" dealer mark up? Can you help me understand?

The promotional money factors often change monthly, depending on which cars they want to move the most.

The "standard" rate from MB is for those models that don't need help selling. I suspect that a range exists to give the dealer some 'wiggle room' when negotiating. These standard money factors can, and often are, marked up by the dealer for additional profit, so you'll want to negotiate to the lowest money factor you can to minimize your monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

From time to time, MB (at least in Texas) have "tax incentives" to help close deals. As I understand it, there is some credit with the state that is built up with cars coming back into the lease program with remaining equity.

Any ideas whether I should expect to find tax credits available in Texas on the ML lease?

@whichluxurycar said:
    From time to time, MB (at least in Texas) have "tax incentives" to help close deals. As I understand it, there is some credit with the state that is built up with cars coming back into the lease program with remaining equity.

Any ideas whether I should expect to find tax credits available in Texas on the ML lease?

Texas is one of three states I'm aware of (along with Illinois and Maryland) that tax the entire selling price of a car on a lease, rather than just the amount of depreciation.

I'm not familiar enough with Texas law to comment on any incentives available that would help reduce the tax burden and your monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jjjrt2jjjrt2 Member Posts: 2
    @sakipour‌
    I received a quote from a dealer in Long Island city for the same exact car and terms for $641/month with maintenance and tax included ($2500 due at signing). . Ended up going with non metallic paint so payments were lower. Let me know if you want the guys name
  • bradley13bradley13 Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2014
    2014 ML350 4matic= Lease term: 30 months, 10k miles per year, $630 per month, $2,000 up front (includes 1st month, taxes, fees), msrp:$ 58,275, residual value=$ 36,130

Is this a good deal?

@bradley13 said:
    2014 ML350 4matic= Lease term: 30 months, 10k miles per year, $630 per month, $2,000 up front (includes 1st month, taxes, fees), msrp:$ 58,275, residual value=$ 36,130

Is this a good deal?

What is the negotiated selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited April 2014
    $52,256.28 after tax

@bradley13 said:

Is this a good deal? Selling price - $52,256.28 after tax.

Using your MSRP and selling price with the base MF of .00114 and residual of 62%, I get a pre-tax payment of $638.29 for a 30 month, 10K per year lease.

Does your quote of $630/mo include tax or not?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yes after tax $630 a month..
    Michael thanks a lot for responding, It's very nice of you to take time out and do this very helpful.. Thanks again!

@bradley13 said:
    Yes after tax $630 a month..

Then you seem to have a pretty good deal in front of you.

Michael thanks a lot for responding, It's very nice of you to take time out and do this very helpful.. Thanks again!

You're quite welcome. Glad to be of assistance.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• alwaysarookiealwaysarookie Member Posts: 17

Bradley - do you mind sharing you dealer info?

I am getting the following quote:

MSRP $59645 Cap Cost $54271 Residual 62% $36979.90
    Upfront $3384 (includes 1k down plus first mo payment etc)
    Monthly Payment $678.30
    Money Factor .00104 Sales Tax $1308.50

• kzevokzevo Member Posts: 53
    Bradley can you please share your dealer info? Thank you

anyone have may numbers for ml350. residual at 36 months and 15k miles? mf for gas.?

@whichluxurycar said:
    anyone have may numbers for ml350. residual at 36 months and 15k miles? mf for gas.?

AWD? .00114 MF and 52% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• c35c35 Member Posts: 2

Hi, does anyone have the current residual values for both the gas and the diesel version of the AWD ML350 for a 36 month 10k mile/yr lease? Thanks!

@c35 said:
    Hi, does anyone have the current residual values for both the gas and the diesel version of the AWD ML350 for a 36 month 10k mile/yr lease? Thanks!

Gas: .00114 MF and 55% residual.

Diesel: Standard MF and 62% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• alijeealijee Member Posts: 13

Looking for money facto & Residual on 2014 ML 350 with P1 Package for 12k/36 mos.
    Thank you

@alijee said:
    Looking for money facto & Residual on 2014 ML 350 with P1 Package for 12k/36 mos.
    Thank you

RWD: .00116 MF and 54% residual

AWD: .00114 MF and 54% resdiual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@‌kyfdx Thank you for your response
    I have 3 more questions.
    1) does anybody know what percent below msrp can the 2014 ML 350 RWD be negotiated to? I am in southern California
    2) can multiple security deposits be placed to reduce the MF , if so how many max?
    3) how does one calculate residual factor. Let us assume MSRP is 55,000 and negotiated price is 50, 000
    Thanks

@alijee said:
    @‌kyfdx Thank you for your response
    I have 3 more questions.
    1) does anybody know what percent below msrp can the 2014 ML 350 RWD be negotiated to? I am in southern California

Neither of us are in the market for an MB at the moment, so cannot answer that question directly. You can use the shopping tools at the top of the page to determine invoice and TMV price for your zip code, however. That should give you a starting point.

2) can multiple security deposits be placed to reduce the MF , if so how many max?

Looks like 10 MSDs can be applied.

3) how does one calculate residual factor. Let us assume MSRP is 55,000 and negotiated price is 50, 000
    Thanks

Residual is calculated as a percentage of the MSRP - if MSRP is 55,000 and residual is 60%, residual value is 33,000

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell Thank you for the info

One last question, how much is the MF reduction with each security deposit.

@alijee said:
    Michaell Thank you for the info

One last question, how much is the MF reduction with each security deposit.

That I don't know - you could check the MB threads here to see if you can find it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jinxinjinxin Member Posts: 6

I know this is rather early, but is it worth it to wait for the 2015 ml 350 to lease or should I settle for a 2014 model. The rumor is that the 2015 model would have a facelift to the interior and the front grill will also look different. Regardless, what do you guys think about the chances of getting a fantastic deal on a older model when the new model comes out sometime in August.

Does anyone know what the mf is for June and that the residual is for ml350 bluetec for a 12k/year and 36 months? Any info will be appreciated.

@jinxin said:
    Does anyone know what the mf is for June and that the residual is for ml350 bluetec for a 12k/year and 36 months? Any info will be appreciated.

Standard MF is in play (.00195-.00225) and the residual for 36/12 is 61%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• warbernwarbern Member Posts: 73

Is the money factor and residual the same for an ML550? I am looking to do a 36/12 or 36/15. Thanks so much!

@warbern said:
    Is the money factor and residual the same for an ML550? I am looking to do a 36/12 or 36/15. Thanks so much!

Standard money factor and 50% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. 52% for 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I have a noob question. If I build out and custom order my ml 350 for pick up in august
    1.should I negotiate the price right away? Or wait for when it's arrived at the dealership? .
    2. Since the lease would start in august, would the MF/Residual for august apply, or would it be based off what's the current MF/Residual

I would never commit to a car without knowing the price.

I'm not sure if Mercedes will lock a lease program on an order. BMW will, Audi won't. Not sure about Mercedes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Potential buyers in NYC area should beware of silverstar in Long Island city. I went in today to negotiate a lease deal on ml350 BT. Not only is the vehicle I am interested in "unable to be located in their database," my requests for sales price, mf, residual value completely ignored, if not flat out refuted. I am given a "deal" on a random ml350 but no numbers on how it came about. The "deal" is not even close on the term I requested, either in price or structure. On top of this, the dealership tries to lowball me on my trade after promising a reasonable trade in value, provided I show the vehicle. The person I spoke to multiple times on the phone simply passed me on to another sales person who did not know anything about my intentions or expectations.
    I know better to walk away, but feel bad for those who do business with this dealership. One word, "unprofessional". I expected better from a mb dealership.

• Smartinez24Smartinez24 Member Posts: 24

i would like the lease and money factors for 2014 ml 350 4matic. 12k miles 30/36 month lease. also what discounts should i recieve if the car has 5000 miles on it already

@Smartinez24 said:
    i would like the lease and money factors for 2014 ml 350 4matic. 12k miles 30/36 month lease. also what discounts should i recieve if the car has 5000 miles on it already

.00102 MF

61% for 30/12, 54% for 36/12

You can probably negotiate a certain amount per mile off the sticker price - range might be .10 to .25 per mile.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Smartinez24Smartinez24 Member Posts: 24
    Msrp 66,195 sale price at 59895 at both 30 months at 12k with taxes for New York included what would the lease payment be?

@Smartinez24 said:
    Msrp 66,195 sale price at 59895 at both 30 months at 12k with taxes for New York included what would the lease payment be?

pre-tax, $752.81 for 30 months, using he numbers you provided

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.