Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Civic Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

@gamer3 said:
    Thank you for your response.
    Its 36 mo/36 K,
    MSRP - 21880 and SP 19300

Civic EX 36mo/12K lease - 60% residual and .00030. $800 lease cash.

Using your MSRP and selling price with the above MF and residual, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $181.17 for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• speedjunkie512speedjunkie512 Member Posts: 4

Hi. I'm in Southern CA. I'm considering a Civic EX-L and would like confirmation of MF and residuals for this model and any lease cash. Thank you.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@speedjunkie512 said:
    Hi. I'm in Southern CA. I'm considering a Civic EX-L and would like confirmation of MF and residuals for this model and any lease cash. Thank you.

.00030 MF and $800 lease cash. 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

@billykokomo‌

You might want to consider leasing a Civic Si for only 12K miles per year. Due to the Si's high resale value, you could probably buy it out at lease end and it will be worth more than its stated residual. I think the residual on a 12K lease is 61% which would lower your payment compared to a 15K per year lease.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@kyfdx said:
    .00030 MF and $800 lease cash. 56% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

Thanks kyfdx. Very much appreciated. For 12k/yr mileage, do we always increase residual by 2%? Regardless of model/trim level? thank you.

@speedjunkie512 said:
    Thanks kyfdx. Very much appreciated. For 12k/yr mileage, do we always increase residual by 2%? Regardless of model/trim level? thank you.

Yes.. that's accurate for Honda

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx said:
    Yes.. that's accurate for Honda

Hi kyfdx,

Are the residuals and MF different for the Civic EX-L WITH NAV for Southern CA than the Civic EX-L WITHOUT NAV? It's hard to find a EX-L WITHOUT NAV in my color choice, but I've found one WITH the NAV system. I'm wondering about 36 month, 12K miles/year residuals. Thanks.

NAV residual is 2% lower. That makes for a pretty hefty increase in payment, considering the higher cost of the NAV model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• afigueroa24afigueroa24 Member Posts: 1

can someone help me out.
    i went to a dealer and was quoted 800 down, with 289 payments 316.55 with tax per month on a Civic 2014 EX. Car Price is 19,126.00.
    Can someone give me a break down of the numbers & whether this looks like a good deal. First time buyer in the Los Angeles are.

@afigueroa24 said:
    can someone help me out.
    i went to a dealer and was quoted 800 down, with 289 payments 316.55 with tax per month on a Civic 2014 EX. Car Price is 19,126.00.
    Can someone give me a break down of the numbers & whether this looks like a good deal. First time buyer in the Los Angeles are.

Is it a sedan or a coupe? How many months? What mileage allowance? MSRP? Do you have top tier credit? If you can break it down, then we can offer an opinion.

Without that information,that payment looks pretty high.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• s_starks_stark Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2014
    LA area quote on 2014 Civic EX sedan over the phone. Very reluctant to give numbers, but here's what I got:

Term: 36 months
    Miles: 12k miles/year
    MSRP: 21,880
    Selling Price: 19,390
    Fees Paid Up-front: $80 (Doc) + $849 (Reg/Lic/1st mo) = $929
    Down: $71
    MF: ? (saw mod post .0003 earlier - is this still the same?)
    RV: ? (saw mod post 60% earlier - is this still the same?)
    LA tax: 9%

Is $206/mo incl tax a good deal? Does the math add up?

FYI: The quote they gave me is based off $1000 down and I asked whether that included the up front fees or whether it was just a reduction in cap cost and they seemed confused by the question. So, I'm not sure if I'm giving you the right info to calculate this. The reason I wrote that I'd put $71 down is to get to $1000 (in addition to 929 in upfront fees). If the math doesn't add up calculated like this and it seems like 1000 is a reduction in cap cost and they are still going to try to charge me the 920 up front when I get there (ie charge 1920 drive off), then please let me know.

thx!

@s_stark said:
    LA area quote on 2014 Civic EX sedan over the phone. Very reluctant to give numbers, but here's what I got:

FYI: The quote they gave me is based off $1000 down and I asked whether that included the up front fees or whether it was just a reduction in cap cost and they seemed confused by the question. So, I'm not sure if I'm giving you the right info to calculate this. The reason I wrote that I'd put $71 down is to get to $1000 (in addition to 929 in upfront fees). If the math doesn't add up calculated like this and it seems like 1000 is a reduction in cap cost and they are still going to try to charge me the 920 up front when I get there (ie charge 1920 drive off), then please let me know.

thx!

MF and residual are as you state - .0003 and 60% for 36/12.

You should be able to get more off the selling price - use the tools at the top of this page or jump over to the Civic prices paid discussion to see what others are paying.

Don't forget there is $800 of lease cash available, which should be subtracted from your best deal.

When I plug in your MSRP and selling price with the MF and residual, I get a payment (with 9% tax) of $200.23/mo.

Don't make any sort of cap cost reduction - if the car is stolen or totaled you are out that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

@s_stark said:

thx!

With just a $71 cap reduction, and adding the $595 acq.fee to the CAP cost, I get $198/mo.+tax. That would probably put it over your quote by about $10/mo. If they have misquoted, and they want $1000 down, in addition to the $929, then that would put the payment at $172/mo.+tax, and that would put their quote about $16/mo. too high.. So, hard to say what they'll say about the amount Due at Signing.

All of the variables above are still correct, but there is also $800 lease cash, so consider that when deciding if the selling price is good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dancingdivadancingdiva Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2014

Hi All,

I am turning in a leased 2011 Accord at the end of the month and am interested in leasing a 2014 Honda Civic EXL CVT Sedan with Navigation and automatic tranny. I would like a smaller car and I really like the new Civic. If the price is right I might do the buy instead of a lease this time but I am still more serious about leasing. Obviously either way I would need the best price. I am in Southern Connecticut (Fairfield County) and am also near dealers in Westchester County, NY.

A price I got from one dealer was MSRP $25030 (incl the $790 dest fee) and an invoice of $23,306 ( incl dest fee). His best price so far is $21,800 + tax and DMV fees which will be a bit higher because he is in NY State. I will need new plates with a buy since the leased vehicle plates belong to Honda. If I lease I guess I can keep these plates and just pay for a transfer of vehicles. I asked about dealer cash for a buy and he said it was in that price already ($500). He said for a lease there is $800 dealers cash so that may bring the price down a bit. Usually when I try and lease they like to throw out the best price and go to their own deal which is not a good. Most lease deals through Honda are for lower end models and with money down. BTW, I do not drive a lot of miles so it would either be for 10,000 or 12,000 miles a year - which ever Honda offers as the least.

Any idea if this is a good deal or could I do better? I am lousy at leases so I always come here for some guidance. What is the money factor and residual on this car? I know to ask that but do not understand any formulas. And what would be a good monthly payment with $0 down for this configuration (EXL Sedan with Navi). My credit is great so that should help.

I always get good feedback in the forum so thanks for help in advance.

diva

edited June 2014

I added how much mileage I need to my post above.

@dancingdiva said:
    Hi All,

I am turning in a leased 2011 Accord at the end of the month and am interested in leasing a 2014 Honda Civic EXL CVT Sedan with Navigation and automatic tranny. I would like a smaller car and I really like the new Civic. If the price is right I might do the buy instead of a lease this time but I am still more serious about leasing. Obviously either way I would need the best price. I am in Southern Connecticut (Fairfield County) and am also near dealers in Westchester County, NY.

A price I got from one dealer was MSRP $25030 (incl the $790 dest fee) and an invoice of $23,306 ( incl dest fee). His best price so far is $21,800 + tax and DMV fees which will be a bit higher because he is in NY State. I will need new plates with a buy since the leased vehicle plates belong to Honda. If I lease I guess I can keep these plates and just pay for a transfer of vehicles. I asked about dealer cash for a buy and he said it was in that price already ($500). He said for a lease there is $800 dealers cash so that may bring the price down a bit. Usually when I try and lease they like to throw out the best price and go to their own deal which is not a good. Most lease deals through Honda are for lower end models and with money down. BTW, I do not drive a lot of miles so it would either be for 10,000 or 12,000 miles a year - which ever Honda offers as the least.

Any idea if this is a good deal or could I do better? I am lousy at leases so I always come here for some guidance. What is the money factor and residual on this car? I know to ask that but do not understand any formulas. And what would be a good monthly payment with $0 down for this configuration (EXL Sedan with Navi). My credit is great so that should help.

I always get good feedback in the forum so thanks for help in advance.

diva

Honda does not offer 10k leases. Residual for 36mo 12k per year is 58% and the MF in NY is .00030 with $800 lease cash - make sure the lease cash is applied after you've negotiated your best price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell,
    Thanks for the heads up on the term (12000/36 months).

Still need some help with the price and what the monthly would look like with no money down. You gave me the MF and residual but I don't know what to do with them lol.

I posted in the buying area for best prices on a Civic EXL CVT Sedam with Navi but no one has answered yet. It's Sunday so maybe everyone is enjoying the day :-). Will check back later.

Thanks again.

@dancingdiva said:
    Michaell,
    Thanks for the heads up on the term (12000/36 months).

Still need some help with the price and what the monthly would look like with no money down. You gave me the MF and residual but I don't know what to do with them lol.

I posted in the buying area for best prices on a Civic EXL CVT Sedam with Navi but no one has answered yet. It's Sunday so maybe everyone is enjoying the day :-). Will check back later.

Thanks again.

Give it a day or two - you'll get a response on the prices paid discussion.

There are many lease calculators on the web. Use the price information along with the MF and residual to model your payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

@dancingdiva‌

Also take into account the "conveyance fees" in CT. They range anywhere from $249 - $499 depending on which dealer you buy from. In NY, the "documentation fee" is limited by law to $80. It is for this reason that you must consider the entire cost of the lease when comparing deals. In addition to Westchester County, also make sure you check Honda of Nanuet in Rockland County (across the TZ Bridge).

@‌Michaell

I see many Honda dealers in our area advertise 10K per year leases. Are they not through Honda Finance?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

@nyccarguy said:
    dancingdiva‌

@‌Michaell

I see many Honda dealers in our area advertise 10K per year leases. Are they not through Honda Finance?

The numbers I have are from Honda, so if your dealer is offering a 10K per year lease, it is most certainly through a different finance institution.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• firsttimewpfirsttimewp Member Posts: 3

Hi. Could use some help. I am going to lease for the first time. I am in White Plains, NY and have been quoted the following from New Rochelle Honda on a 2014 civic ELX without navigation:

Price: $21,000
    The residual value is $13647.40
    The money factor is 0.00030
    The Total capital cost is $21867.75
    The monthly payment with a tier 1 approval by Honda Financial is $239.00.

Can I do better? If so, what questions should I ask?

@firsttimewp said:
    Hi. Could use some help. I am going to lease for the first time. I am in White Plains, NY and have been quoted the following from New Rochelle Honda on a 2014 civic ELX without navigation:

Price: $21,000
    The residual value is $13647.40
    The money factor is 0.00030
    The Total capital cost is $21867.75
    The monthly payment with a tier 1 approval by Honda Financial is $239.00.

Can I do better? If so, what questions should I ask?

What is the MSRP? Lease term and miles per year?

The MF is the base rate, so that isn't being marked up on you. You might be able to shave a little off the selling price. Make sure the lease cash is taken off your best negotiated price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• firsttimewpfirsttimewp Member Posts: 3

The best negotiated price is $21,000. What is lease cash? Should it be subtracted from the $21,000?

@firsttimewp said:
    The best negotiated price is $21,000. What is lease cash? Should it be subtracted from the $21,000?

Lease cash is similar to a rebate - money provided by the manufacturer to reduce the net capitalized cost. Some dealers will include it in their offered price. You should use the pricing tools at the top of the page (or check the Civic Prices Paid discussion) to see what others are paying. Then, subtract the $800 from that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi,

Still haven't heard anything from the prices paid forum. It seems no one is around at all. I guess I can't finish asking my questions in here til I get prices in there. In my post above I mentioned the price I was given by one dealer. The other two were only a little under invoice. That price above has the $500 incentive for a buy (I want to lease but was told to just discuss a buy first for best price) built into the offered price of $21,800. I guess another $300 could be gotten to make up for the lease incentive but I don't know at this point.

My lease is coming due and they all need to get my color with the navi so I would like to do a deal by Friday. Any help with pricing in here? I know you can help me with the lease stuff once I get the price squared away.

Thanks again, diva

@dancingdiva said:
    Hi,

Still haven't heard anything from the prices paid forum. It seems no one is around at all. I guess I can't finish asking my questions in here til I get prices in there. In my post above I mentioned the price I was given by one dealer. The other two were only a little under invoice. That price above has the $500 incentive for a buy (I want to lease but was told to just discuss a buy first for best price) built into the offered price of $21,800. I guess another $300 could be gotten to make up for the lease incentive but I don't know at this point.

My lease is coming due and they all need to get my color with the navi so I would like to do a deal by Friday. Any help with pricing in here? I know you can help me with the lease stuff once I get the price squared away.

Thanks again, diva

Go back into the Civic Prices Paid forum and read the last few pages of comments - that should give you a general idea of your target selling price before the lease cash is applied. Pay particular attention to the comments from poster "brian125" - he has some great advice for folks looking to buy Hondas.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I checked in with Brian who helped me with a purchase of a new Accord in December. He did not have pricing but recommended that I check out a dealer in MA. I cannot travel that far for a car but also have emailed local dealers.

One question I had last time my Mom leased. We negotiated a good price and then did no money down lease deal. However, the buy down at the end of the term was the balance of MSRP - not the negotiated price. I am confused. They get back a car with nearly no miles on it and if we want to buy it after the three years we are stuck with MSRP?

Please explain. Is this correct?

Hopefully I will get a bite in the price forum as well.

Thanks.

@dancingdiva said:
    I checked in with Brian who helped me with a purchase of a new Accord in December. He did not have pricing but recommended that I check out a dealer in MA. I cannot travel that far for a car but also have emailed local dealers.

One question I had last time my Mom leased. We negotiated a good price and then did no money down lease deal. However, the buy down at the end of the term was the balance of MSRP - not the negotiated price. I am confused. They get back a car with nearly no miles on it and if we want to buy it after the three years we are stuck with MSRP?

Please explain. Is this correct?

Hopefully I will get a bite in the price forum as well.

Thanks.

The residual value in a lease is a percentage of the MSRP. How you get a lower payment is to negotiate a low cap cost. It is true that to buy the car out at he end of the lease you pay the residual value, regardless of the true value of the car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• a3petera3peter Member Posts: 12
    Hey, I'm looking for June MF and residuals for a 2014 civic EX-L sedan w/navi, 36 months/12K in Maryland. Thanks!

@a3peter said:
    Hey, I'm looking for June MF and residuals for a 2014 civic EX-L sedan w/navi, 36 months/12K in Maryland. Thanks!

Residual for 36mo 12k per year is 58% and the MF in NY is .00030 with $800 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi michaell,

I'm still working on other dealers and actually getting worse prices. I may just go back to the original dealer (where the car Mom has was leased from and try and get him down a bit and also have him apply the additional $300 lease cash to the number too. He already figured in the $500 for a buy.

Brian helped tons when I bought an Accord in December but he just doesn't have numbers for a Civic. The mod who is usually in the Civic pricing forum is not around right now so I am just shopping the car and keeping fingers crossed that it will be a good price. I find I do not do as well being a girl. Last year one salesman told my husband that he didn't understand why he would let a chick negotiate. Needless to say he didn't get the sale. I am also aware that the tristate area (NY/CT/NJ) is a little pricier than other parts of the country.

You mentioned I needed the cap cost. I am not sure what that is. I only know the MSRP, Invoice and the price offered to buy. Then there would be a residual and money factor that you can provide. You said in the other forum you would need that cap cost number to help with the numbers. Please explain.

I understand you are the leasing guy and not the buying guy and I really appreciate your help.

If the price stands with just another $300 off for the leasing incentive balance what other numbers do I need?
    MSRP on Civic EXL CVT automatic with NAVI ( I heard that residual is less with Navi which doesnt sound right??) is $25030. Invoice $23306.39 Selling Price $21,800 - $300 (lease incentive balance) - $21,500 plus tax and DMV. BTW, I would be leasing in NY and car would be registered in CT. Do I pay total taxes or just on the lease? With those numbers can I get the cap cost?

Thanks again. diva

• jimgotkpjimgotkp Member Posts: 3

My current lease on a Civic is ending in a few months, so I’ve been contacting a few dealerships about a new lease on the 2014 Honda Civic LX. It seems like everyone is quoting me the lease rates that are on Honda’s website, specifically the $2,499 due at signing and $159 a month plus tax offer ($17,965.10 plus license, doc. Fee, and any installed accessories). Can you work around these lease rates by lowering the vehicle price?

Since I feel I got screwed on my first lease, I don’t want to make another mistake. So, what questions should I ask the dealerships? Would love to have some of you somewhat walk me through the process, even though I read several articles on leasing vehicles. Much appreciated.

@dancingdiva said:
    Hi michaell,

I'm still working on other dealers and actually getting worse prices. I may just go back to the original dealer (where the car Mom has was leased from and try and get him down a bit and also have him apply the additional $300 lease cash to the number too. He already figured in the $500 for a buy.

Brian helped tons when I bought an Accord in December but he just doesn't have numbers for a Civic. The mod who is usually in the Civic pricing forum is not around right now so I am just shopping the car and keeping fingers crossed that it will be a good price. I find I do not do as well being a girl. Last year one salesman told my husband that he didn't understand why he would let a chick negotiate. Needless to say he didn't get the sale. I am also aware that the tristate area (NY/CT/NJ) is a little pricier than other parts of the country.

You mentioned I needed the cap cost. I am not sure what that is. I only know the MSRP, Invoice and the price offered to buy. Then there would be a residual and money factor that you can provide. You said in the other forum you would need that cap cost number to help with the numbers. Please explain.

I understand you are the leasing guy and not the buying guy and I really appreciate your help.

If the price stands with just another $300 off for the leasing incentive balance what other numbers do I need?
    MSRP on Civic EXL CVT automatic with NAVI ( I heard that residual is less with Navi which doesnt sound right??) is $25030. Invoice $23306.39 Selling Price $21,800 - $300 (lease incentive balance) - $21,500 plus tax and DMV. BTW, I would be leasing in NY and car would be registered in CT. Do I pay total taxes or just on the lease? With those numbers can I get the cap cost?

Thanks again. diva

Simply stated, the cap cost is the same as a buy price, adjusted for any taxes and fees and rebates (lease cash). It is used to calculate the depreciation portion of the payment. As in a purchase, you want the cap cost to be as low as possible to reduce the size of the payment.

In both NY and CT, sales tax is added to the monthly payment, and does not impact the cap cost.

I don't have my lease calculator in front of me, but remind me tomorrow and I'll crunch the numbers you've provided to model a payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@jimgotkp said:
    My current lease on a Civic is ending in a few months, so I’ve been contacting a few dealerships about a new lease on the 2014 Honda Civic LX. It seems like everyone is quoting me the lease rates that are on Honda’s website, specifically the $2,499 due at signing and $159 a month plus tax offer ($17,965.10 plus license, doc. Fee, and any installed accessories). Can you work around these lease rates by lowering the vehicle price?

Since I feel I got screwed on my first lease, I don’t want to make another mistake. So, what questions should I ask the dealerships? Would love to have some of you somewhat walk me through the process, even though I read several articles on leasing vehicles. Much appreciated.

Yes, you want to negotiate the lowest possible price to reduce your payment. The national programs are ok, but you can do better. Also, we don't recommend putting any money down on a lease; if the car is stolen or totaled, you are out that money.

The other thing to look out for is the dealer inflating the money factor. This month, the base MF on the civic is .00030.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

Thanks for the prompt reply, Michaell. I put a $4K down payment on my previous lease, so I'm trying to avoid another down payment.

Do you have any recommendations on what questions I should ask the dealerships? I'm assuming questions I should ask are what their money factor is, MSRP on the vehicle, their best sale price, capital cost, residual, and terms of the lease? Anything else?

edited June 2014

@jimgotkp said:
    Thanks for the prompt reply, Michaell. I put a $4K down payment on my previous lease, so I'm trying to avoid another down payment.

Do you have any recommendations on what questions I should ask the dealerships? I'm assuming questions I should ask are what their money factor is, MSRP on the vehicle, their best sale price, capital cost, residual, and terms of the lease? Anything else?

The two variables in a lease are the cap cost, or best sales price, and the MF. Residual is set by Honda finance and cannot be modified. You determine the lease term, though 36 months is the most common.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• nicenslow951nicenslow951 Member Posts: 3

I'm in southern california and have received an offer for Zero drive off $204 a month payment including taxes. Is this a good deal? I was told the cap cost is 17200 and residual 11988 for a 2014 Civic LX CVT. Is the monthly payment correct based on those values?

@nicenslow951 said:
    I'm in southern california and have received an offer for Zero drive off $204 a month payment including taxes. Is this a good deal? I was told the cap cost is 17200 and residual 11988 for a 2014 Civic LX CVT. Is the monthly payment correct based on those values?

What is the MSRP, lease term and miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    I don't have my lease calculator in front of me, but remind me tomorrow and I'll crunch the numbers you've provided to model a payment for you.

@dancingdiva,

If I use the MSRP of $25,030 and a net cap cost of $21,500 with the base MF of .00030 and the residual of 56% (36 month, 12K miles per year), I calculate a pre-tax payment of $218.52. Add sales tax to that amount to get the final payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell,

I'm waiting on some other dealers and if the price changes I will let you know for another calculation. Seems like this dealer is around $1000 under invoice and if they drop the price that $300 for the balance of a lease incentive that would come to the number I gave you. Hoping I can get it down a little but I don't think it will drop that payment, which is great down by much. Will let you know what happens early next week.

Thanks so much for all your help and patience too. diva

@dancingdiva said:
    Thanks Michaell,

I'm waiting on some other dealers and if the price changes I will let you know for another calculation. Seems like this dealer is around $1000 under invoice and if they drop the price that $300 for the balance of a lease incentive that would come to the number I gave you. Hoping I can get it down a little but I don't think it will drop that payment, which is great down by much. Will let you know what happens early next week.

Thanks so much for all your help and patience too. diva

Every $360 you save on the cap cost will result in a $10 decrease in your monthly payment.

Keep us posted!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dherzdherz Member Posts: 2

I'm missing one piece of information before I negotiate a lease on a Civic EX. What is the MF in Nebraska? Thanks for your help.

@dherz said:
    I'm missing one piece of information before I negotiate a lease on a Civic EX. What is the MF in Nebraska? Thanks for your help.

.00079 and $800 lease cash in Nebraska.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:

Thanks! What's the MF in WA?

Michaell,

The msrp is 19980 and its 3 yrs and 12k miles per yr.

@jimgotkp said:
    Thanks! What's the MF in WA?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@nicenslow951 said:
    Michaell,
    @nicenslow951 said: I'm in southern california and have received an offer for Zero drive off $204 a month payment including taxes. Is this a good deal? I was told the cap cost is 17200 and residual 11988 for a 2014 Civic LX CVT. Is the monthly payment correct based on those values?
    The msrp is 19980 and its 3 yrs and 12k miles per yr.

Using your MSRP and cap cost with the residual of 60% and MF of .00026, I get a pre-tax payment of $152.37. 9% tax takes the payment to $166.08.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you Michaell

• shaakrashaakra Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2014

Hello Michaell could you please help me out. This is first time ever leasing a car and I'm planning on leasing a Honda civic EXL and this is the deal I'm getting from my dealer. Could you tell me if this is a good deal or if I can do better:
    2014 honda civic EX L 12miles/yr for 3 yrs
    MSRP $23530 Selling price $21500 ( after lease cash) and residual of 58% and 56% for 15k miles/yr.
    With $0 down and only the first months payment due upfront the dealer says that my lease price every month will be $277/mo. I live in West Virginia.
    Do you think this is a good deal? Am I being cheated?
    Thanks for your time

@shaakra said:
    Hello Michaell could you please help me out. This is first time ever leasing a car and I'm planning on leasing a Honda civic EXL and this is the deal I'm getting from my dealer. Could you tell me if this is a good deal or if I can do better:
    2014 honda civic EX L 12miles/yr for 3 yrs
    MSRP $23530 Selling price $21500 ( after lease cash) and residual of 58% and 56% for 15k miles/yr.
    With $0 down and only the first months payment due upfront the dealer says that my lease price every month will be $277/mo. I live in West Virginia.
    Do you think this is a good deal? Am I being cheated?
    Thanks for your time

when i plug your numbers in with the base mf of .00079 and residual of 58%, i get a pre-tax payment of $245.89/mo for 36 months. the dealer may be padding the mf on you for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.