Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Nissan Pathfinder Prices Paid and Buying Experience

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
edited January 2014 in Nissan
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2014 Nissan Pathfinder purchase experiences. If you have recently purchased a 2014 Pathfinder, please share your experience here.

If you have leasing questions, please visit the 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Lease Questions discussion.

You can also research local dealer inventory and get pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on our 2014 Nissan Pathfinder page.

To see all forums discussions about the [insert make/model], including earlier model years, please visit our list of Nissan Pathfinder discussions.

Navigation tips: To see the most recent information and activity, make sure to visit the latest post, which may be a few pages ahead. Click the pages numbers just below to go to a new page in the discussion -- or search the entire discussion by clicking the magnifying glass icon and entering keywords.

We also invite you to share your purchase experience on Edmunds Facebook page, Share Your Story.

Comments

• arnavsmomarnavsmom Member Posts: 1
    In san antonio tx, we are being offered the 2014 pathfinder platinum (no premium psckage ) for $35832 +ttl. It has the dvd and navigation system. Is this a good deal ?
  • nispath14nispath14 Member Posts: 1
    I got the following quote for 2 models of Nissan Pathfinder 2014. Please let me know if its a good deal

1. Pathfinder 2014 SL with tow package (red cayenne & black interior) - price quoted

33950 – 500 = 33450 selling price + Tx + other. With 0.9% for 60 months through Nissan Credit

33950-1250= 32700 selling price + Tx + other. With a higher rate through Nissan Credit

2. Path finder 2014 SL with premium package (red cayenne & black interior)

- price quoted - $35,188 + Tx + other (including nissan rebate).
  • ap323ap323 Member Posts: 2
    Good Evening!

I am in the market to lease a 2014 Pathfinder Platinum or Platinum Premium and I needed to obtain some information regarding residual, money factors, and bank fee. I am located in Miami Florida.

36 Month 12K

2014 Pathfinder Platinum
    Residual:
    Money Factor:
    Bank Fee:

2014 Pathfinder Platinum Premium
    Residual:
    Money Factor:
    Bank Fee:

Information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Antony
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    edited November 2013
    2014 Pathfinder Platinum 4X4 36mo, 12K/yr lease
    .00069 MF and 52% residual

4X2 residual is 51%

Premium makes no difference in rate.

I'm not certain of the Nissan acquisition fee, but maybe another forum member who has leased a Nissan can enlighten us.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ap323ap323 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response.

They all have the same money factor of .00069?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Yes.. all 2014 Pathfinder models, for the 36 month term

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• deedeekhdeedeekh Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    Just because he says he got a Platinum for $35,320 doesn't mean it has everything on it. You really have to do your research on this vehicle. I paid $43,500 for my 2013 Nissan Pathfinder, Platinum Premium, 4x4 in December of 2012. It has everything known that you can get on one except the cargo dividers.
    Be sure you want one. They are having major problems with the transmissions. I know. I have a 2013.
    I don't believe so. Hopefully they changed the transmission as they are having problems with the 2013 transmission and have been replacing them, but still not always taking care of the problem. Be careful.
  • lcw1lcw1 Member Posts: 36
    As of today there are 921 used 2013 and 2014 Pathfinders on cars.com nation wide. Either this car is selling like hot cake or many people have the luxury of buying a new car each year. I like the looks of the Pathfinder but seeing so many on the market is causing me to pause. Any opinion is greatly appreciated.
  • mkieffer76mkieffer76 Member Posts: 24
    Trying to get an idea of what we can expect to pay for a NIssan Pathfinder SL 4x4 with premium pkg and rear dvd system.
    Lease, 12,000 miles for 36 months. Sign and Drive. We are in NYS.
  • dcartiedcartie Member Posts: 2

We are also doing research on the 2014 Pathfinder SL premium 4x4 in NY. Already we are sure that the 2013's on the lots will have massive discounts vs the 2014. The end of the sales year is coming up so that is a plus, but the pathfinder is moving quickly and thus not coming down as much as I would hope. I am gathering from this forum that nationwide, the SL premium is selling out the door for 34k - 35k. Is this accurate? The price on a local SL premium is $ 36,695 and a competing dealer for $ 36,495. Then we'll pay for taxes and documentation. If what everyone here says is true, then we'll need to get the car for $33k plus doc plus taxes to get to 34k-35k. I know they won't deal that much. Any thoughts?

• sahil908sahil908 Member Posts: 60

Hi dcartie, I would check out some sites that do the negotiation for you. Couple of free sites like truecar and carwoo come to mind...

• dcartiedcartie Member Posts: 2

update - came to an acceptable deal with the dealer. They were firm with the asking price but did mess with the trade value to make it acceptable. I wonder how much different parts of the country affect the price (different markets) Interesting how they would NOT mess with the price if we financed with Nissan. I am wondering if this dealership does not get a kickback. Happy with the new pathfinder, it is a Murano set up for a family. Doesn't look as great (but close), gas mileage is a bit worse, and the rearview camera is VERY inferior to the Murano. (BEWARE!)

• jssihsjssihs Member Posts: 4

I asked Nissan Motors a question concerning their new Pathfinder Hybrid. It had to do with their Climate Control System operation. As I understand, the electric drive motor shuts off when the air conditioning portion of the CLS kicks in to cool off the interior of the car. This is because there is a drive belt from the compressor to the gas engine that operates the air conditioning. I asked Nissan if the heating portion of the CLS also shuts off the electric motor of the hybrid (if it does, this electric drive motor that helps to save gas and run your car...is off...and it would be off most of the time, thus making the hybrid useless). I stated to Nissan in my third e-mail, "I have been waiting at least 3 WEEKS for an answer to this question. This is not a difficult question. Either the electric motor shuts off or it does not under the conditions asked. A 2 minute inquiry. Every other question I have asked of Nissan was answered quickly. Not this one. Is it because the electric motor is continually shutting down under both warm and cool conditions thus making the hybrid useless? Please respond already. John". Someone please HELP with this question. :P

January 27
    Here's the answer I got from Nissan Motors, "When the HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) is engaged the vehicle uses the gas engine and electric motor. When HVAC is engaged, the vehicle is programmed not to operate in EV (Electric Vehicle) only mode. Heater, as long as the AC compressor is not on, does not require the ICE to be on"...looks like I am good to go on buying a hybrid Nissan Pathfinder.

• dman316dman316 Member Posts: 1

Do not buy a 2014 Pathfinder. I and many others have had the lemon in the shop 5 and 6 times. All Pathfinders with CVT Transmissions are Lemons. You have been warned. Still not convinced, buy mine, I will save you thousands.

• sam_dukesam_duke Member Posts: 17
    "Do not buy a 2014 Pathfinder. I and many others have had the lemon in the shop 5 and 6 times. All Pathfinders with CVT Transmissions are Lemons. You have been warned. Still not convinced, buy mine, I will save you ".

I thought they fixed the transmission on the 2014. Did they replace the transmission for you?
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    sam_duke said:

"Do not buy a 2014 Pathfinder. I and many others have had the lemon in the shop 5 and 6 times. All Pathfinders with CVT Transmissions are Lemons. You have been warned. Still not convinced, buy mine, I will save you ".

I thought they fixed the transmission on the 2014. Did they replace the transmission for you?

The question I have is - did they make the right fix on the 2015 Pathfinder?
  • gandroidgandroid Member Posts: 11

+1.

I have the same question as I looking at a midsize suv/crossovers. Highlander is at the top for me now because of the transmission issues with Pathfinder...waiting for more information on 2016 Pilot before pulling the trigger.
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    gandroid said:

+1.

I have the same question as I looking at a midsize suv/crossovers. Highlander is at the top for me now because of the transmission issues with Pathfinder...waiting for more information on 2016 Pilot before pulling the trigger.
    If price wasn't an issue, Highlander would be my first pick as well. But when you consider how the less desirable options out there are forced to discount their product for various reasons, even the Ford Explorer starts to look attractive. When Honda releases a new Pilot, that's when the Highlander will become easier to negotiate over.
  • gandroidgandroid Member Posts: 11

gandroid said:

+1.

If price wasn't an issue, Highlander would be my first pick as well. But when you consider how the less desirable options out there are forced to discount their product for various reasons, even the Ford Explorer starts to look attractive. When Honda releases a new Pilot, that's when the Highlander will become easier to negotiate over.
    Looks like there is a class action lawsuit against Nissan on the pathfinder transmissions issues with the 2013-14 vehicles (from pathfindertalk.com). Even if Nissan fixed the problem with the 2015, I think resale value will take hit because of the previous year issues.
  • sonnycoopsonnycoop Member Posts: 1
    Hi all .. I bought a 2014 12/28/13. Major issues with everything .. The rear hatch had to go back in 4xs since you when you push the button to go up it comes right back down on your head.. The third time guy kept telling me can't reproduce the problem. I got it on video on my phone .. Had a new transmission at 15,000. The front end was wobbly and made noise. Here my rotors had to be resurfaced but brake pads fine?? A lot of other stuff too including the passenger seat due to the safety belt system didn't work. Went thru lemon law and am getting a 2015. Really don't want it but if I trade it in before I even take it off there lot they said they would only give me 32,000... It's a 2015 sl w/ tech package! I really want a Durango...
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    So how did your deal work out?