Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Real-Time Traffic - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Nissan
imageReal-Time Traffic - 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Nissan Rogue displays real-time traffic on its map.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

There is no part of my commute on which I could not exceed the speed limit. My commute is 24 miles. It takes me 30 minutes.

• Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531

I commute into Chicago. Working normal business hours puts my commute at over 4 hours total each day – not really doable. Shifting my hours forward so that I miss (most of) the rush hour traffic results in a total commute time of about 2.5-3 hours. Avg speed, about 50 mph.

• Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    edited June 2014

Depends on the day. When I cycle, I take the multi-use trail most of the way, which is 5 miles. Hilly, but it's an easy 20 minute commute at casual pace. It's now my go-to. By car, 3 miles with moderate traffic, but absolutely horrendous parking. I usually just take the (free!) public bus if I don't want to push pedals that day, considering a bus stop is 50 yards from my house.

• Options
    bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171

Maybe Gov. Perry can dole Edmunds a few mil from the taxpayers of Texas if you guys move to Lubbock ("The Texas you've always dreamed of," according to its Convention & Visitors Bureau).

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512

Interesting suggestion...they would probably not face traffic jams and could stop worrying about impressing valets and having the latest iPhone, but would then have to live in Lubbock.

• Options
    eclogiteeclogite Member Posts: 48

I'm fortunate. Not only is my commute only 4 miles, but I also commute in the opposite direction of regular traffic flow. So, thankfully, I cannot empathize with your pain.

• Options
    johnd29johnd29 Member Posts: 1

And you find the song "I will wait for you" therapeutic in traffic ? Huh.. :)