Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infotainment and Lawyers - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Kia
imageInfotainment and Lawyers - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Loving our long-term 2014 Kia Cadenza, except for the annoying legal disclaimer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514

My Leaf provides a similar screen on startup, but it asks whether the driver agrees to share data with Nissan via telematics. Nissan is required to ask, so as to avoid 4th Amendment problems.

We live in a world that caters to the corner case litigious customer. If you crash your Cadenza and your lawyer discovers that the navigation system was on, then Kia's lawyer can counter that they warned you not to stare at the screen while driving.

• dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89

Wonder what will happen when someone hits someone because they are staring at this screen trying to get ride of the message instead of looking at the road? Kia, if you're reading, did you ever consider that? I think when it's time to trade that if this is still SOP, I'll look elsewhere.

• nsbio1nsbio1 Member Posts: 75

Wasn't this car catered to hamsters not so long ago?

• schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

As a reward for having to push the "agree" button, are all functions unrestricted while driving? My 2006-2008 era Acuras also require a button push to "agree" but at least all functions are available when driving.

• rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144

You want to hear the worst part of it? There actually are people who need this. Another fine "luxury" feature for the dumbed-down masses.

• 6406nb6406nb Member Posts: 1

I agree it's a great car but even their new K900 has that. I am done after this lease. Plus the bluetooth audio doesn't resume after starting and stopping either. I figure if you do the math and I start and stop 6 times per day on average, I agree 2200 times per year x 3 years that's 6600 times. The voice calling won't work unless you agree first, BTW.