Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo vs. 328d xDrive Sport Wagon- 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Lon

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in BMW
image2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo vs. 328d xDrive Sport Wagon- 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com editor James Riswick compares the long-term 2014 BMW 328i xDrive GranTurismo with the 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• emajoremajor Member Posts: 332

Not even 20 ft3 in the wagon? Those are really disappointing numbers considering how large the 3 series has become. America's only Euroish-wagon-on-the-cheap, the Jetta, carries far more than this on a similar footprint.

• edwardsfedwardsf Member Posts: 190
    I have a 2007 328iT. This is a great car. Previously, I had two Saab 900s and an Avant. There is a theme here.... I like to put my road or mtn. bikes inside as: 1) they get stolen from roof racks and 2) I have a hearing problem and roof racks are noisy.

But the Touring is getting smaller... or, I am getting older and stiffer. I am 6-3 and though the ergonomics are better on these three cars than most, it is still a small car and slung very low - lower than the sedan. My 93 old mom grumbles (rightly) about getting in such a low car.

So I am looking for bigger and a little higher. But... I don't like SUVs. I drove a 2010 X3 and that is the only good handling SUV I have ever driven. The 2011 + X3 lost both its crisp handling and seems to now drive like a tall box - AKA, SUV.

So this GT looks like one of the only cars that will work for me. The new Volvo S60 Wagon might work too. So good job BMW for bringing over a hatch despite Amuricans apparent fear and loathing ...