Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Volkswagen Jetta Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896

@slamshifter said:
    Michaell‌ kyfdx@Edmunds‌ stickguy‌ thanks for the replies. The 1.8 is a fine engine I've heard. I might throw in a few bucks to make sure he gets the SE. Is there any difference in the MF and Resid going from S to SE? TIA -- slamshifter

.00046 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• slamshifterslamshifter Member Posts: 42

@Michaell‌ Why doesn't the Golf command such finance deals for VW?

@slamshifter said:
    Michaell‌ Why doesn't the Golf command such finance deals for VW?

I think the Jetta is the volume leader for VW - competing in the popular compact sedan segment against the Cruze, Corolla, Dart, etc.

Hatchbacks aren't just as popular in the US, so VW must figure there isn't as much need to add incentives to them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,488

Hardly ant golfs on the lot. Rows of jettas.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

So the SE, with the better engine, has a lower residual?

@rbirns1‌ yes I noticed that too. (Wonder why that is?) I am guessing there is less chance of hot rodding the less powerful engine?

And...actuariasts have an answer for every scenario!

Or are they known as actuarials?

Actuaries

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,548

It's pretty typical for higher trim lines to have lower residuals.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Ok -- please give me some help with the math on this deal. Anybody willing to help? I have located a new 14 Jetta S (with the "dog" engine) with MSRP of $17,715 and negotiated down to $15,789. Doesnt include the super duty monster mats. My son is new college grad and will start his new job on Monday. I talked him into a lease for 36 months/12,500 miles a year; will help him pay his first month payment (actually VW pays the first month for college grad program -- right?) What can I/he expect for a monthly payment. The MF and Resid are what you guys said they would be. TIA -- slamshifter

Pretty low. That good enough for you?

what incentives do they have on top of the selling price?

I am guessing you should be in the $230 range.

edited June 2014

Yes it's a nice deep discount. However...I was under the impression there was another $1250 in "lease cash" on top of the discounted price. Since I used one of those online certificates services I was assuming the lease cash could be used to lower the certificate price even further.

So, In other words a local dealership sent me an email quoting a Jetta S manual for $15,839 -- so i am trusting i can reduce that car another $1,250 (lease cash) to = $14,589.

am I off?

Oh...I forgot the new college grad discount!! They paythe first month's payment!

edited June 2014

@kyfdx@Edmunds‌ Is at an acceptable practice to use VW's $1250 in "lease cash" on top of the "online certificate" pricing? As I was explaining to stick guy, i received an email certifcate locking in a Jetta S manual for $15,839. So can I reduce the car's bottom line by another $1,250 (lease cash) to = $14,589?

if that was a price to buy, then the lease cash should be on top of that, unless they already factored in some purchase incentive that goes away on a lease.

best thing is to just get from the dealer the breakdown of what the deal is, which of course will include the lease price!

@stickguy‌ yeah we (son and I) will see what goes down at the dealership tomorrow morning! I will certainly be bringing up the TrueCar certificate and the fact they didn't know if I was planning on leasing or buying. I guess it's too much to ask to have that "lease cash" reducing that bottom line price even more!!

$194.90 with that MSRP and selling price. That doesn't account for acquisition fee or tax. Lease cash on that model is $1250, but I'll guess that's already included in the price.. If not, that model has $750 of purchase cash, so you might have $500 more to play with.

TrueCar is a scam company, so good luck with that certificate... :p;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx@Edmunds‌ thanks very much for the assistance. Headed to the dealership this morning with very good information. Thank you!

that is nice and cheap. And easier for a kid with probably not much money and just starting out to handle. When the other option is an old beater, you are taking a chance with reliability for getting to that job every day!

edited June 2014

We picked up the Jetta S today. Nice experience for my son. If he can locate an apartment close to his job for less than $600 a month he might have a few crumbs left over for insurance and food!

what was the final damage (cash ponied up and monthly payment)?

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

@slamshifter said:
    And...actuariasts have an answer for every scenario!

I know, I married one.

• medoxraymedoxray Member Posts: 0

Hello all,

Did MF rates for SE with CONN go up or did I get screwed?

Signed a 24 month lease yesterday. When I quoted the .00046 on here they said that was last month and gave us the "best rate " of .00076 for Rico over 750. And shouldn't the rate be lower anyway for the 24 term vs 36?

Hello all, did MF rates go up this month for the SE with CONN? Or did I get screwed?

Went in yesterday to lease for 24 months and even when I cited the .00046 from here they said that was Last month and gave me the "best rate" 0f 0.00076 for FICO of over 750. And shouldn't the rate be lower for shorter terms anyway?

• wkidwkid Member Posts: 4

Can someone provide the current best lease rate for a 2014 Jetta TDI Premium w/ NAV. I would be putting $1500 down. Thanks!

@medoxray said:
    Hello all, did MF rates go up this month for the SE with CONN? Or did I get screwed?

Went in yesterday to lease for 24 months and even when I cited the .00046 from here they said that was Last month and gave me the "best rate" 0f 0.00076 for FICO of over 750. And shouldn't the rate be lower for shorter terms anyway?

The base MF for June for the Jetta SE is .00046 for all leases up to 36 months. For leases of 37-48 months, the base MF is .00100.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@wkid said:
    Can someone provide the current best lease rate for a 2014 Jetta TDI Premium w/ NAV. I would be putting $1500 down. Thanks!

.00039 and 58% residual for 36 months, 15K miles per year. $750 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• wkidwkid Member Posts: 4

@Michaell said: .00039 and 58% residual for 36 months, 15K miles per year. $750 lease cash.
    What about for 12K/year?

@wkid said:

What about for 12K/year?

Add 2% to residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    The base MF for June for the Jetta SE is .00046 for all leases up to 36 months. For leases of 37-48 months, the base MF is .00100.

well that's a snickerdoodle. Hopefully the dealer would want to make this right to keep things savory.....

• jmarkelsjmarkels Member Posts: 3

Just leased a SE w/conn, 12k/yr for 3 yr with 0 down. MSRP $22905, cap cost $19621 ended up paying $248 per month including 8.6% tax. Hope I did all right...

• jrnixonlawjrnixonlaw Member Posts: 6
    Leasing car for new job. Not car savvy. Negotiated lease on '14 Jetta SE Connectivity & Sunroof, 15k miles/year, $0 down, $297/month, 36 months. Great credit. Haven't signed yet. Good deal? Live in PA, so monthly payment reflects 9% lease tax. Have too move soon, so input quick greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

sounds reasonable without knowing all the details, and what VW has on the table.

back in February, my son leased the exact same car. Only difference was 12K/year. Rolled absolutely everything into the deal, and with tax it was $285/mo (in Jersey so 7% tax). So factoring in the extra miles, seems to be pretty comparable.

and also a really nice car, and that model is well equipped. My son really likes it, and is getting good MPG too, especially on the highway.

Thx. Haven't seen what VW has on table beyond basic price quote. Also, is automatic T. As much feedback as possible appreciated. Thx!

@jrnixonlaw said:
    Leasing car for new job. Not car savvy. Negotiated lease on '14 Jetta SE Connectivity & Sunroof, 15k miles/year, $0 down, $297/month, 36 months. Great credit. Haven't signed yet. Good deal? Live in PA, so monthly payment reflects 9% lease tax. Have too move soon, so input quick greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

We will need the MSRP and selling price to tell you the strength of the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kjlcmkjlcm Member Posts: 1

What are the money factor and residual for a 2014 Jetta SE with connectivity and sunroof and manual transmission, 15k per year? Thanks!

@kjlcm said:
    What are the money factor and residual for a 2014 Jetta SE with connectivity and sunroof and manual transmission, 15k per year? Thanks!

.00046 MF and 50% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. $1500 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Good deal? Possibly leasing in a few hours, so please help!!

2014 blue Jetta SE w/connectivity & roof.
    The mileage is 15,000/year, the payment is $297/month x 36 months.
    Automatic transmission.
    MSRP = $24,585 (equipped with a mat kit and first aid kit).
    Selling price = $20,915.83.

@jrnixonlaw said:
    Good deal? Possibly leasing in a few hours, so please help!!

2014 blue Jetta SE w/connectivity & roof.
    The mileage is 15,000/year, the payment is $297/month x 36 months.
    Automatic transmission.
    MSRP = $24,585 (equipped with a mat kit and first aid kit).
    Selling price = $20,915.83.

Using your MSRP and selling price with the base MF of .00046 and residual of 50%, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $254.81.

What state is this in? There are different tax applications for leases based on where you live.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Pennsylvania (9%). Maybe this isn't a good deal... What do you think?

Also, PA charges the 9% based on the lease payment per month, due each month (i.e. $0 tax up front).

@jrnixonlaw said:
    Also, PA charges the 9% based on the lease payment per month, due each month (i.e. $0 tax up front).

9% tax takes the payment to $277.75/mo. Looks like your dealer may be inflating the MF on you for a bit of extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

What is a fair price I should ask for? Relatively new to this process... Ty so much for the help.

@jrnixonlaw said:
    What is a fair price I should ask for? Relatively new to this process... Ty so much for the help.

I would explain to the dealer that you won't sign a deal that includes an inflated money factor.

As to selling price, I'm not in the market so cannot comment. There are pricing tools at the top of the page that should help you figure out a good price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

are you rolling DMV fees in too? if so, that will increase the cap cost.

in any case, you don't seem to be far off of rock bottom. So depends on how bad you need a car, and how long you are willing to shop around.

• slhouse1slhouse1 Member Posts: 18
    Hi there all. Jetta tdi value bare bones MF/resid at MSRP for 12k mi on 36 mos. any pricing advice as well?

@slhouse1 said:
    Hi there all. Jetta tdi value bare bones MF/resid at MSRP for 12k mi on 36 mos. any pricing advice as well?

.00039 and 60% for 36/12. $750 lease cash.

TDI residuals were bumped up 3% in June.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• slhouse1slhouse1 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks so much. I'll post where I end up in a week or so!

@slhouse1 said:
    Thanks so much. I'll post where I end up in a week or so!

The numbers I provided are only good until June 30th .. who knows what VW will do with them (especially the inflated residual) after that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

This discussion has been closed.