Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nose Emblem Is Peeling Off - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet
imageNose Emblem Is Peeling Off - 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

The emblem on the nose of our 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray is starting to peel off.

Read the full story here

Comments

• hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144

Wow...definitely a design flaw. Is the plan to add some new double-sided tape yourself or bring it back to the dealer?

• benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68

For an owner that would be really annoying. Hopefully they redesign the badge with a better contour to fit the hood. Maybe something in the aftermarket will step up. Other than killing their owners the other big problem with GM cars is the little details get missed which leads to a bad ownership experience and bad word of mouth. My wife's Sunfire is actually a good little car but all the little details that are broken or just poorly designed add up to make it into a crap box.

• chavo8chavo8 Member Posts: 3

Talk about a first-world problem (that I would love to have...)

• hybrishybris Member Posts: 365

JB Weld would be my first suggestion.

• moar_powermoar_power Member Posts: 1

Get a sticker to replace it. Plus you'll get more HP.

• glossgloss Member Posts: 150

That bodes well.

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021

@benson2175 said:
    For an owner that would be really annoying. Hopefully they redesign the badge with a better contour to fit the hood. Maybe something in the aftermarket will step up. Other than killing their owners the other big problem with GM cars is the little details get missed which leads to a bad ownership experience and bad word of mouth. My wife's Sunfire is actually a good little car but all the little details that are broken or just poorly designed add up to make it into a crap box.
    @benson2175 said:

When I buy a $25k+, much less a $60k+ car, I really think I should not have to rely on the aftermarket to supply a properly fitted replacement emblem on my less than one year old car.

• banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315

I say debadge it completely.

• schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

I would be upset as an owner. Debadging it would look ugly as there would be a big empty spot.

• benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2014

I totally agree. If this was my car I would have a fit. I know it's a limited production car with supercar performance for a budget but at less than one year old stuff like this shouldn't happen. What's really frustrating is that you get the sense that the people working on the Corvette really care about how the car turns out, it's not just the usual rental fleet fodder that GM normally puts out, so it hurts to see something simple like the badge not sticking to the hood be messed up. Sure there's problems with the Tesla, but the Tesla is breaking new ground, new technologies, sticking the badge on is basic basic stuff that they should get right in their sleep. Maybe it's not a big deal, maybe it's only this car.

@bankerdanny said:

When I buy a $25k+, much less a $60k+ car, I really think I should not have to rely on the aftermarket to supply a properly fitted replacement emblem on my less than one year old car.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,319

What a bunch of drama queens. Glue it down with some Loctite super gel. You're done.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • kingfish4kingfish4 Member Posts: 3

It's a warranty issue, no big deal.

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    edited June 2014

Hello,

I am truly sorry you are having this concern with the emblem. I would like to look further into this for you along with our internal resources. Please email me your name, VIN, and phone number to socialmedia@gm.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Erica Tiffany
    GM Customer Care