Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

More Than Just Basic Transportation - 2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in Mazda
imageMore Than Just Basic Transportation - 2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Mazda 3 has one of the better technology interfaces available in a small car.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24

i would agree with you but for the same money you can get a fiesta or focus ST, you can get a civic SI, a very lightly used mazdaspeed 3, you can pay a little more for a GTI or GLI or a base WRX. If you are single or dont have kids yet you can get a BRZ. the low to mid 20s price range is actually a very sweet spot for fun to drive vehicles right now and in my opinion the 3 really needs to step up it's game to get consideration from the "fun to drive" buyers.

• nousernameenousernamee Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2014

:)

• glossgloss Member Posts: 150

@bassrockerx said:
    i would agree with you but for the same money you can get a fiesta or focus ST, you can get a civic SI, a very lightly used mazdaspeed 3, you can pay a little more for a GTI or GLI or a base WRX. If you are single or dont have kids yet you can get a BRZ. the low to mid 20s price range is actually a very sweet spot for fun to drive vehicles right now and in my opinion the 3 really needs to step up it's game to get consideration from the "fun to drive" buyers.

The 3 has a more livable ride quality than any of the vehicles you listed. It's the choice you'd make if you wanted a practical, efficient, feature-rich ride that doesn't put you in a coma while you're out running errands.

As the owner of a Fiesta ST, if I realized 8 months ago I'd be doing daily commutes into DC over the cataclysm that is I-66, I'd have probably ended up with the Mazda.