Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry AC Questions

13»

Comments

• seanransonetseanransonet Member Posts: 2
    it stops blowing cool air,but it keeps blowing just air
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Engine tending toward overheating maybe.

In that case A/C will be disabled if the engine coolant temperature gets too close to overheating, not actual overheating, just close.

Check for failure of the radiator cooling fan(s) and in various operating modes, high speed, low speed, etc.
  • midwestcamrymidwestcamry Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Camry XLE with Automatic Climate Control (ACC) for the last 12 years. The ACC works fine when the car is started from cold i.e the air blower slowly adjusts its temperature to the desired setting. However, after about 30-40 minutes of driving, the ACC starts blowing out colder air progressively and gradually reduces the temperature. If I manually increase the temperature setting, there is no effect on the ACC and ACC does not respond till I reach Max/Hot. As soon as I set the temperature to HOT (or maximum), it starts blowing out hot air at Maximum temp at full speed.

My mechanic first replaced the Thermostat. Then later he replaced the Dashboard ACC control unit with a used unit from the junkyard, but the problem is still the same.

I have taken the car to two more mechanics as well as to a dealer. I haven't been able to resolve this as yet. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions or recommendations will help!!

Thanks!!
  • mufassa63mufassa63 Member Posts: 1

We have a 2002 Toyota Camry with the same symptoms. I cleaned the filter and the A/C light was still flashing. I ran to Autozone and picked up a $15.00 a/c clutch relay and now everything is working fine.

• sahil2002sahil2002 Member Posts: 1
    Question type: Maintenance & Repair

i have camry 2010 its has A.C problem its driver side a.c outlets are not giving cool air.whereas passenger side is cooling well, and i am listening a small sound from the subjected A.C outlets. kindly guide me what could be the cause.
  • redmama2redmama2 Member Posts: 1
    Camry 2011 ac blows hot air when it's 90 outside.
    in the morning it blows cold air.