Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Chevrolet Suburban Lease Questions

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
edited July 2014 in Chevrolet
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 Chevrolet Suburban leasing questions.
Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the Chevrolet Suburban, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.
You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications, on our 2015 Chevrolet Suburban page.
If you have already leased, we invite you to review your vehicle by starting on the following page: http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• torteztortez Member Posts: 11

@carman looking at a lease on 2015 4WD LTZ at 10k or 12k a year. Do you know MF and Residual?

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

@tortez said:
    carman looking at a lease on 2015 4WD LTZ at 10k or 12k a year. Do you know MF and Residual?

June numbers should come our way as early as tomorrow .. check back later this week to see if we've gotten them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• whirly_guywhirly_guy Member Posts: 2

Doe anyone have current residuals and MF for a 12k/yr 36 month lease on a 2015 LT 4WD?

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

@whirly_guy said:
    Doe anyone have current residuals and MF for a 12k/yr 36 month lease on a 2015 LT 4WD?

2.55% APR and 60% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• whirly_guywhirly_guy Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx@Edmunds, many many thanks for your very prompt response.  It's greatly appreciated.

• chrish11chrish11 Member Posts: 28

Can you add the 36 month 15k/year MF and residual, please?

@chrish11 said:
    Can you add the 36 month 15k/year MF and residual, please?

subtract 2% from residual; same MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• chrish11chrish11 Member Posts: 28

thanks

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

If you recently bought a new Chevy Tahoe or Suburban, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, July 25, 2014 with a few words about how you made your choice.

• kms2014kms2014 Member Posts: 11

Hello- Can you please provide the lease numbers on a 2015 LT **and **LTZ Suburban- 3 year, 15,000 miles per year

@kms2014 said:
    Hello- Can you please provide the lease numbers on a 2015 LT **and **LTZ Suburban- 3 year, 15,000 miles per year

2.25% APR and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• randyd501randyd501 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2014

I just purchased a 2015 Suburban LTZ List $74k Dealer discount $69k. $3k down $905 a month with Cali sales tax. 60% residual

Congrats on the new truck! Thanks for reporting in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chuckso145chuckso145 Member Posts: 8

I currently lease a 2012 Suburban LS All Star edition
    My lease is up in April 2015. It will have 29,000 miles on it when I go to the dealer. It is in excellent condition. I negotiated the original sales price way down, and the resulting residual buyout is $21,000. I see that 3 year old used suburbans go on the lot for $36-$40,000.
    What would a reasonable offer from the dealer be if I wanted to use the equity in my suburban to put down on a new one? $36,000 value - $21,000 residual = $15,000?
    Thanks in advance......

@chuckso145 said:
    I currently lease a 2012 Suburban LS All Star edition
    My lease is up in April 2015. It will have 29,000 miles on it when I go to the dealer. It is in excellent condition. I negotiated the original sales price way down, and the resulting residual buyout is $21,000. I see that 3 year old used suburbans go on the lot for $36-$40,000.
    What would a reasonable offer from the dealer be if I wanted to use the equity in my suburban to put down on a new one? $36,000 value - $21,000 residual = $15,000?
    Thanks in advance......

Post a full description of the car, here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/1212/general/x/real-world-trade-in-values

Someone can give you a good evaluation of the value

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chuckso145chuckso145 Member Posts: 8
    Got it. Thanks. Posted in forum that you suggested
  • mombx3mombx3 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2015 LTZ MSRP $69,885-$1560 down $863/month 36M/15K year. I'm in love!
    mombx3 said:

Just picked up a 2015 LTZ MSRP $69,885-$1560 down $863/month 36M/15K year. I'm in love!

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• 123ablack123ablack Member Posts: 76
    Can anyone post the residual and MF for the 2015 Suburban LTZ 4WD - 39 Month "Lease" 10k miles per year?
    if possible, I need both, last months residual and MF as well as this months (for comparison)

thanks much!
    123ablack said:

Can anyone post the residual and MF for the 2015 Suburban LTZ 4WD - 39 Month "Lease" 10k miles per year?
    if possible, I need both, last months residual and MF as well as this months (for comparison)

thanks much!

2.85% MF and 56% residual for 39/10.

December - 2.50% and 59% for 39/10.

Why do you need last month's numbers? Did you special order a Suburban?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

thanks much!
    2.85% MF and 56% residual for 39/10. December - 2.50% and 59% for 39/10. Why do you need last month's numbers? Did you special order a Suburban?

Wow thank you so much Michaell for the quick response. I don't have a suburban on order. I just received a very different price quote this month than what I got last month from the same dealer. Wanted to see if the residual was the cause or the minor change in loyalty rebate.. I guess I have the answer now.. Residual dropping a full 3 points in one month that sorta explains the difference.

BTW, I know there's no real accurate way or predicting but is there some sorta pattern on the residual.. Can I expect the residual to go up or even further down in February?

thanks again!

Wow thank you so much Michaell for the quick response. I don't have a suburban on order. I just received a very different price quote this month than what I got last month from the same dealer. Wanted to see if the residual was the cause or the minor change in loyalty rebate.. I guess I have the answer now.. Residual dropping a full 3 points in one month that sorta explains the difference.

BTW, I know there's no real accurate way or predicting but is there some sorta pattern on the residual.. Can I expect the residual to go up or even further down in February?

thanks again!
    123ablack said:

thanks again!

Hard to say what will happen to the residual next month. I know the best deals are usually at the end of the year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• socalqbnsocalqbn Member Posts: 6
    About to sign on lease on a 2015 Suburban LTZ. 36/15. What are the MF and residual. What's better Ally or GMfinacial?
  • socalqbnsocalqbn Member Posts: 6
    GMfinancial
    socalqbn said:

About to sign on lease on a 2015 Suburban LTZ. 36/15. What are the MF and residual. What's better Ally or GMfinacial?

2.85% APR and 55% residual through Ally.

We don't have GM Financial's numbers, but we've noticed there isn't much difference, in the past. Dealers will use whichever bank results in the lowest payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Question a bit off topic..

I have to factory order my 2015 suburban but the problem is that I was topped off on my GM card to $3000) and in order to take advantage of the top-off I must sign the lease contract by March 2. If the dealer places the order today, it could take 8-10 weeks till it arrives to him. But I’ve heard that there’s a way to sign the contract lease even though the vehicle hasn’t been delivered to the dealer yet as long as a VIN # has been released so that I can get insurance and sign on the lease contract. I assume that by March 2 the VIN will/should already be released.
    Is this info correct?
    Thanks!
    123ablack said:

Question a bit off topic..

I have to factory order my 2015 suburban but the problem is that I was topped off on my GM card to $3000) and in order to take advantage of the top-off I must sign the lease contract by March 2. If the dealer places the order today, it could take 8-10 weeks till it arrives to him. But I’ve heard that there’s a way to sign the contract lease even though the vehicle hasn’t been delivered to the dealer yet as long as a VIN # has been released so that I can get insurance and sign on the lease contract. I assume that by March 2 the VIN will/should already be released.
    Is this info correct?
    Thanks!

Correct; the issuance of a VIN should satisfy the terms of the GM Card top-off. I would check with Capital One (the issuer of your card) for confirmation, however.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

The GM dealerships are currently able to offer 3 banks when it comes to leases: US Bank, GM Financial and Ally. This is about to change for the Buick and GMC dealerships. They're going to use exclusively GM Financial but Chevy and Caddy dealers can still (for now) offer the above mentioned 3 banks for leases. 
    between Ally and GM financial, who would typically have better price and who's easier to get approved at with an average credit? 

source: http://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-to-use-gm-financial-lending-arm-for-subsidized-leases-1421024149
    123ablack said:

The GM dealerships are currently able to offer 3 banks when it comes to leases: US Bank, GM Financial and Ally. This is about to change for the Buick and GMC dealerships. They're going to use exclusively GM Financial but Chevy and Caddy dealers can still (for now) offer the above mentioned 3 banks for leases. 
    between Ally and GM financial, who would typically have better price and who's easier to get approved at with an average credit? 

source: http://www.wsj.com/articles/gm-to-use-gm-financial-lending-arm-for-subsidized-leases-1421024149

I don't think there is much difference between the two.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Any idea when the residuals and MF come in for the month of Feb?
    Interested in the February residual numbers for an Ally or GM Financial 39 month lease with 10k miles per year on the 2015 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4WD

thanks 
    123ablack said:

Interested in the February residual numbers for an Ally or GM Financial 39 month lease with 10k miles per year on the 2015 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4WD

thanks 

New numbers will be released tomorrow; we should have them later this week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

123ablack said:

thanks 

New numbers will be released tomorrow; we should have them later this week.
    Thanks a lot!
    would the average dealership know the numbers today?
    do we have the numbers yet? looking for the Residual and MF for an Ally or GM Financial 39 month lease with 10k miles per year on the 2015 Chevy Suburban LTZ 4WD
    Thanks!
    Sorry.... we don't have the Chevy numbers for this month, yet...

Dealers will certainly have them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

well the 2 dealers i spoke to today didn't wanna give me that info. one told me that he beleives the residuals for jan were better than the current ones
    Still I success on obtaining the residual info from the dealers. I'm wondering dealers would withhold this info.. 
    123ablack said:

Still I success on obtaining the residual info from the dealers. I'm wondering dealers would withhold this info.. 

I can't say I'm surprised by their reluctance. Any information they share with you will only serve to hurt their profitability.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I disagree. I really want them to make money on my deal. I just like trensperancy and disclosure + I like to compare each months residuals to see if it's worth to jump or wait. 
    In any case Michaell do you happen to have those numbers?
    123ablack said:

I disagree. I really want them to make money on my deal. I just like trensperancy and disclosure + I like to compare each months residuals to see if it's worth to jump or wait. 

I've got every other brand for GM this month but Chevrolet at the moment. Sorry.

So, you're tracking the history and waiting for them to be at their (theoretical) lowest before pulling the trigger? How do you know they won't be lower the next month?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

i assume you'll post the chevy numbers as soon as you get them..

as for my purpose of tracking and comparing them; I currently have earnings on my GM card that exceeds the $3000 threshold which is the usual redemption allowance for the suburban.. now with the top-off i can technically use all the earnings (even if it were to be 20k in earnings) i was just waiting to compare the 3 months that the top off is valid for with the Month of Feb being the last month.. i currently drive a Leased 2013 Enclave with another 13 months to go so i still have time to should i opt out.. if the incentives/residuals/MF come in as bad as last month then i will pass on for another year until i receive the next top off.. if they're as good as they were in Dec i will probably jump into the suburban lease and utilize the Swapalease.com option.. (i got an awesome deal on my buick deal back in 2013 so i don't expect this to be an issue)

comprendo señor?
    Michaell said:

123ablack said:

I've got every other brand for GM this month but Chevrolet at the moment. Sorry.

So, you're tracking the history and waiting for them to be at their (theoretical) lowest before pulling the trigger? How do you know they won't be lower the next month?
    Can you send me the Residual and MF for an Ally or GM Financial 39 month lease with 10k miles per year on the 2015 Yukon XL SLT 4WD

Please send me both, this months (Feb) as well as last month's (Jan).

Thanks tons!
    123ablack said:

Michaell said:

123ablack said:

Can you send me the Residual and MF for an Ally or GM Financial 39 month lease with 10k miles per year on the 2015 Yukon XL SLT 4WD

Please send me both, this months (Feb) as well as last month's (Jan).

Thanks tons!
    Stop the presses! Chevrolet numbers are now available.

Suburban - 2.85% MF and 56% for LTZ 39/10 (Ally, Feb 2015). Same numbers in January.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you so much. 
  • sfmarksfmark Member Posts: 41
    I just ordered a 2015 Suburban LT which should arrive in 8 weeks. Dealer was only able to quote me the current lease terms but doesn't anticipate any big changes in MF/RV. He did mention that he thinks based on previous sales cycles that there may be lease incentive in the spring. For a 36/10 lease I was quoted .00115 and 58% RV with a $595 Acquisition fee.
    sfmark said:

I just ordered a 2015 Suburban LT which should arrive in 8 weeks. Dealer was only able to quote me the current lease terms but doesn't anticipate any big changes in MF/RV. He did mention that he thinks based on previous sales cycles that there may be lease incentive in the spring. For a 36/10 lease I was quoted .00115 and 58% RV with a $595 Acquisition fee.

I confirm those current numbers. While nobody knows what the lease numbers will look like in the future, I would probably agree with your dealer when he says that there probably won't be much movement. However, if gas prices spike and sales of large SUV's go down the drain, anything is possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell, do we have the Ally and/or GM Financial residual and MF for the month of March yet?
    Spesifically for a '15 LTZ 4WD Lease - 39/10?

Btw, as to your comment on potential gas price hikes resulting in plunge of large SUV sales and therefor may result in GM offering better incentives.. Well, doesn't this work the other way too? If people don't buy large SUVs the residual value will be effected too in a negative way thus resulting in higher lease programs?! Do you follow me?
    edited March 2015
    123ablack said:

Michaell, do we have the Ally and/or GM Financial residual and MF for the month of March yet?
    Spesifically for a '15 LTZ 4WD Lease - 39/10?

Btw, as to your comment on potential gas price hikes resulting in plunge of large SUV sales and therefor may result in GM offering better incentives.. Well, doesn't this work the other way too? If people don't buy large SUVs the residual value will be effected too in a negative way thus resulting in higher lease programs?! Do you follow me?

.00098 MF and 54% residual.

GM Financial

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Wow so the lease program itself is bad this month..
    Back in December it was 59% Jan/Feb were 56% and now we're at 54%
  • sfmarksfmark Member Posts: 41
    Michaell said:

sfmark said:

I confirm those current numbers. While nobody knows what the lease numbers will look like in the future, I would probably agree with your dealer when he says that there probably won't be much movement. However, if gas prices spike and sales of large SUV's go down the drain, anything is possible.
    Well I guess my dealer was (fortunately) incorrect regarding the trends! Looks like MF dropped. RV for LT 4x4 is the same. For my lease thats a ~750 incentive. But who knows what the numbers will be at delivery in May. Maybe some cap cost reduction incentives as well? I like the trend.