Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Odyssey Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jurizarjurizar Member Posts: 23

Hi Everyone! Wanted to see what feedback anyone has. I live in Los Angeles, CA and I've been quoted $37,510 for a 2014 Odyssey Touring. This seems like a pretty good deal...right? Anyone know how much license fees and paperwork fees are in CA? Thanks in advance!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810

License/registration fees run about 1%-1.1% of selling price in CA.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

thanks kyfdx! So otd, it looks like a 2014 touring for 40,964. Is that a good price for a touring?

Oh.. beats me.. I don't shop for minivans... peruse back a few pages, and see what others are paying.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dicejamdicejam Member Posts: 9

The dealer in Bethesda, MD.

• rags10rags10 Member Posts: 7

Thanks dicejam

• redbull_redbull_ Member Posts: 1

@ jurizar, Hi there, could you please let me know from which dealer in LA you got an offer for Touring with $40,964? Did you actually get the OTD price as well? Thank you so much in advance.

• prish_ashprish_ash Member Posts: 1

Hello ripplev1, Please if you can email me at essoni@gmail.com.

• chandaszchandasz Member Posts: 1

32,327.70 (OTD) for a 2014 ex with 2100 miles- not CPO. Seems like I could do better since I've had offers of 31,298 for brand new.... what are people seeing in Chicago area?

Hey Redbull. The actual quote I got for the touring was $37,510. The $40,964 is what I calculated for tax and all the other fees. I received the quote from Honda World of Downey.

• odyjeep22odyjeep22 Member Posts: 3

$33,000 EX-L RES + $550 Roof Rails and Cross Bars + $2000 Taxes, Tags, Processing, Fees + $940 6yr/100K $0 Ded Honda Care = $36,500 Out The Door in Virginia

• residentgururesidentguru Member Posts: 4

Paid 29,099 after fees but before tax for an 2014 EX Odyssey yesterday in Oklahoma. Feel pretty good about it as we were given $700 more for our trade than other dealers offered along with lifetime oil changes.

• kgeorge0263kgeorge0263 Member Posts: 2

odyjeep22. Can you tell me the dealer you go that price? We are looking for that model.

• kgeorge0263kgeorge0263 Member Posts: 2

So I have a bit of a dilemma. I have a dealer in MD (1.5 hours away) quoted me out the door for an EX-L w/ RES in our color we requested (they have to transfer it) in Obsidian Blue Pearl for $35,600 out the door (no accessory package). Asking them for warranty quotes for 6 yrs/100k miles and 8 yrs/100k miles. Our NJ dealer (30 min away) we test drove 3 times and very patient/friendly, offered $36,600 out the door but have included accessory package (wheel locks, mud guards, all weather mats, trunk mat) and they haven't located the color yet. I also emailed them after that quote to get warranty quotes. Any advice on lowball quotes for warranty? Also any advice on who to purchase from? I can't forget to factor that there is a 1% tax difference higher in NJ.

You pay sales tax where you live.. so, tax differences between states won't matter.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• odyjeep22odyjeep22 Member Posts: 3

kgeorge0263: Pohanka Honda in Va

• macombmacomb Member Posts: 3
    Hi chopran or tauras11 would you please share your otd price and dealer info for your oddesey. I am in Macomb mi looking to buy oddesey 2014 model. Thanks
  • macombmacomb Member Posts: 3
    Anyone recently bought oddessey in Michigan ????? Please share your deal.

Going to take delivery this weekend on an Odyssey Touring in Los Angeles, CA.
    Price - $37,510
    Taxes - $3,375
    Title/Registration - $381.67
    Tire fee - $8.75
    Documentation - $80

Total out the door - $41,355.42

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter is looking to interview a car shopper who has found car pricing complicated and/or confusing. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, June 20, 2014 to share your story and opinions with a reporter.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• njhondafannjhondafan Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014

Anyone with recent Honda Odyssey EXL purchase experience in NJ? I recently got a quote from a local dealer (central Jersey) offered me the price which is 2,000 higher than back in April. The same dealer….. So their explanation is that Manufacture rebate changed. Should I shop around with other dealers or wait until September (hopefully by then, dealers will try to get rid of 2014 cars)? I have friends got the same experience: dealer offered them much higher price than that in Jan this year. Is now a bad timing(supply vs. demand) to shop for car?

• davethemandavetheman Member Posts: 2

So Edmunds and TrueCars has the price of a Honda 2014 Odyssey EX-L with RES at $38,055.00 MSRP, $35,008.00 factory invoice and $34,160.00 estimated dealer price.

I've seen a few people getting the car at $31k before TTL. That is $3k under estimated dealer price. Am I missing something?

• idigggidiggg Member Posts: 7

Did any one get an Odyssey EX-L in the east coast recently ? (VA to NC / GA ). what is a good selling price range for an EX-L with no Navi No Res.

• idigggidiggg Member Posts: 7

My friend got a EX-L with RES and propack from Rock Hill Honda for sell price 33950. they gave him 500 more on the trade-in to meet his OTD target price. Doc fee 499.

• odysseytouringodysseytouring Member Posts: 1

We 2 friends started shopping for Odyssey EX-L with RES and asking for OTD 34000. So far no one accepting this price of 34000 and they are telling OTD would be 3K more i.e 37000 atleast. Any one had bought recently in NJ area? please advise... thanks

• robertinohiorobertinohio Member Posts: 21

Noticed EXL prices went up slightly over $1k since a few months ago. Was getting ready to purchase and not sure if I should wait. Anyone know if there are any rebates coming up July 7?

• shopping201400shopping201400 Member Posts: 38

Shopping for Odyssey EX-L in North NJ. Best OTD is around $35,000. Lowest quote I got was $31700 including destination. Hopefully with sales down more than 20% from last year in a up market for minivans, Honda get the message that their pricing is causing them ton of sales. Town & Country and Caravan are killing them this year. They were #1 last year at this point but barely holding on to #3 over Sienna this year.

@robertinohio said:
    Noticed EXL prices went up slightly over $1k since a few months ago. Was getting ready to purchase and not sure if I should wait. Anyone know if there are any rebates coming up July 7?

I'm monitoring that 7/8 date. Too bad they'll miss out all the sales over July 4th.

• robertinohiorobertinohio Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2014

Yes was ready to buy over the holiday weekend but might wait. Already paying more for the Honda vs getting another Sienna.

• egib44egib44 Member Posts: 10

In NJ, was offered an EX-L for a selling price of $31,000. When buying instead of leasing, I am guessing the next step is to ask for the OTD price.

Also, is there any way around a destination charge?

edited July 2014
    Was that 31000 including destination of 830? If so, what dealer?

No there is no way around the destination charge. Out the door, main thing to watch out for is extra package some dealers throw in like etching, appearance package, etc. Taxes fees should be same everywhere. Only other different is document fee which I haven't seen over 400 anywhere.

You are right, robert, at this point, Odyssey is by far the most expensive minivan versus the other options in my search so that's why I am waiting. Worst comes worst I might go with a Sienna.

With the destination fee it would be $31,830. Is that terrible? I have received many higher prices. From what everyone has been writing, there are other cars in the class that seem to have better value right now.

Is a warranty built in to the OTD price?

That's about cheap as you can get it right now according to all the quotes I am getting.

Lowest Sienna Xle is around 30675 including destination. town and country 30th edition are going for 31200 on true car, that's with all that additional stuff on the Chrysler.

No warranty as I am using Geico mechanical coverage

Thanks. I appreciate your responses.

@egib44 said:
    Thanks. I appreciate your responses.

I'm hoping that big dive in sales (-23%) year to year, (-16%) month to month get Honda to offer some nice incentives come 7/8. They were doing well before the last rebate expires.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/honda-odyssey-sales-figures.html

I understand. I typically lease and know the value of waiting for the end of the month and the right deal, but I am a searching for a family member and they can't wait until Tuesday. Therefore, from all the quotes I have received, it looks like they will have to try and hone in on the $31, 830 including destination.

looks like that $31,800 might stick around for a few more weeks unless there is some hidden incentive that we don't know about.

I guess they are not interested in boosting their Odyssey at all.

Looks like the $31,830 is gone. Looking at $32,699 at this point. A friend's brother who is a manager at a Honda dealer told me that there aren't a lot of 2014s left and there is still demand so the price isn't going any lower.

That's what they want to say. They still have a few months until 2015 model and their sales is down so I doubt they will leave it at that. Though it's possible they may be sacrificing sales for margin.
    edited July 2014
    Why you say 21.8 is gone? You mean the dealership change price on you? That sounds like a typical switch they do. Just aim for it or walk out.
    Last two times that I bought Honda, both time they tell me the price quoted was no longer valid but it ended up being 200 more expensive in the end. They just want to squeeze as much out of you as possible.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

@egib44, everyone pays destination.

The only way "around it" is to negotiate a lower price overall.

For my zip code, the average price paid for an EX-L is $33,702. Your offer, even including the $830 destination, is below invoice so you're doing good. Hard to say if the dealer will take less but you can always ask.

You may want to figure your own taxes, add a reasonable doc fee, and tell the dealer you'll buy "today" for your OTD price.

• nick00nick00 Member Posts: 4

Bought a EX-L with Nav Chicago burbs for 33300 before taxes. Also bought the honda care for 8/80 at 750

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• iubookstoreiubookstore Member Posts: 7

Hi Nick,

which dealer is that? I am looking for EX-L also in chicagoland.

@nick00 said:
    Bought a EX-L with Nav Chicago burbs for 33300 before taxes. Also bought the honda care for 8/80 at 750

• paulbospaulbos Member Posts: 1

Also looking for an EX-L with Nav, was quoted $35,300 in Mass

• nick00nick00 Member Posts: 4

@iubookstore said:
    Hi Nick,

which dealer is that? I am looking for EX-L also in chicagoland.

Muller Honda. Let me know your email, I will send you the contact info

• iubookstoreiubookstore Member Posts: 7

sent you message with my email. thanks!

@nick00 said:
    Muller Honda. Let me know your email, I will send you the contact info

• gc1thechangc1thechan Member Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am looking for an EX-L with no options in So. Ca (Orange County / LA County) areas. I would like to know if anyone has any recent experience on this. I was quote an EX-L for 32.2k but it did not say if the destination was included or not. taxes and doc fees are extra.
    I am waiting to see the 2015 and hope 2014 model will have a bigger price drop.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.