Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Not Much Fun To Drive - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in BMW
imageNot Much Fun To Drive - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo is a very practical car. But it lacks the handling precision offered by the regular 3 series sedan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599

This is interesting and makes sense given the increased weight and dimensions relative to the standard 3 series. But this runs counter to everything I've been reading here about this car where most of the posts pretty much imply that driving this car is like driving any other 3 series with some added utility and compromised styling.

• expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91

There's probably room for both opinions. I think this does drive like a 3, the current three, but the bigger issue I think is that no current 3 drives "like a 3", at least those we have known for many years. Steering and suspension are softer all around. Both cars are still quite capable but that edge is gone. My wife had one of the old-style X3s as well, which even in that configuration felt more communicative than any present 3 save the M.

• scotsman9scotsman9 Member Posts: 1

Still a capable car. As one who has owned plenty of old school BMW's in the day, I can't be interested in this new '3'. BMW no longer offers that much of a unique experience, exorbitant 'M' cars aside.

• doriscastrodoriscastro Member Posts: 1

I agree with you all. This car is good to drive but does not have the said specifications of a wonderful and powerful car.