Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Electrical Question

showaltershowalter Member Posts: 4
edited June 2014 in Chevrolet

Hi, on Friday I was driving my wife's Trail Blazer down the Highway when suddenly all the lights on the dash board came and all the gauges dropped to empty levels...I was going about 55 mph but it looked like the car had shut off event though it was still running. I immediately pulled off the freeway and shut the car off and then restarted it...when I continued driving the lights came back on the the process repeated itself. On Saturday my wife was driving and the same thing happened only this time after my wife shut the truck off it wouldn't start back up; it was as if the Security System had shut the electrical system down but the radio still worked but it would not even turn over. Ten minutes later the truck started up no problem and she drove home with all the lights on the dashboard coming on and the gauges dropping to zero. We are scheduled to take a long drive in this vehicle on July 4th...any suggestions on what we are experiencing? We just bought a house so money is a little tight right now so we are hoping it is an easy fix. Please let us know any thoughts. Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• showaltershowalter Member Posts: 4

thanks! Now that you mention the ignition...a few months back the car was running and my wife took the key out of the ignition and the vehicle kept on running - had forgotten about that until you mentioned it...let me check on that one! thanks again!

wow...you're good! My wife has the vehicle right now but when I get home this evening I will check the VIN and see if it was part of the recall...is there a particular website to check that with? Also, we have to drive about 1,000 miles between Friday and Saturday this week...do you think it is safe to drive that distance? I am trying to set an appointment for tomorrow morning to get the car vehicle into a mechanic but just in case should we consider using another vehicle? thanks again.

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092

@showalter said:
    wow...you're good! My wife has the vehicle right now but when I get home this evening I will check the VIN and see if it was part of the recall...is there a particular website to check that with? Also, we have to drive about 1,000 miles between Friday and Saturday this week...do you think it is safe to drive that distance? I am trying to set an appointment for tomorrow morning to get the car vehicle into a mechanic but just in case should we consider using another vehicle? thanks again.

Go to this page to check for Recalls.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-maintenance/guide-page.html

thanks again...the vehicle is the shop being checked out right now..fingers crossed it wont be a huge problem. Thank you for you advice and assistance.