Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Camry Hybrid pedal option

questionnerquestionner Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in Toyota

This should be an easy one. My wife is looking to replace her 2003 Camry with a 2014 Camry Hybrid. She is a short person, and bought her 2003 Camry with an optional pedal adjuster. At the touch of a switch she can move the gas and brake pedals several inches toward her. Then, when I drive I can move them back to a standard position. The salesman said this option was not available on the 2014 Camrys. I am not sure that he knew what he was talking about -- he had trouble fielding some other technical questions -- and I would like to find out for sure. This could be a deal-breaker. (BTW, I am aware that we can have someone weld an extension into place, but this would not be an ideal situation considering that we share driving on long trips.)

Best Answer

Answers

• questionnerquestionner Member Posts: 2

Thank you, Karen. We are buying the car and plan to have a shop that specializes in this weld in an extension. I will follow up on your ideas before we do that.