Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Like the Interior Design - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited June 2014 in BMW
imageLike the Interior Design - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

The interior of the 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo is high quality and customizable. It's one of the car's better aspects.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365

I actually think the interior is one of the major weak links of the F30. As someone who had an E92 M3, the F30 just feels so much lower rent. All the plastics are rock hard, the switch gear feels flimsy, and forums are full of owners whose cars are displaying a symphony of rattles after less than 10,000 miles. The Audi A4 and MB C-Class both present a more convincing luxury vibe to me and both are 7+ years old. When the new ones come out the F30 is going to be totally outclassed.

• glossgloss Member Posts: 150

I'm not sure 'symmetry' applies to that interior. It is distinctly asymmetric.

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606

Yeah, the 3-series GT looks nice on the inside. So did my parents' house when it was painted a garish yellow on the outside.

• nagantnagant Member Posts: 176

Wow, I could not disagree more. I think the design is bland yet garish at the same time...and that screen DOES look tacked on. And the 1990s called and wants its squished center stack design back. Why would they keep that dated climate/audio combo? It looks like they design every dash around it.

• rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144

Nagant, I don't remember the 90s owning one particular design element. Germans are traditionalists for certain things. That's why BMW usually are recognizable from one interior to the next. Until just recently, the air vents were the same shape for at least 20 years.