Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Understanding BMW ConnectedDrive - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in BMW
imageUnderstanding BMW ConnectedDrive - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

When you order the optional Technology package with the 2014 BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, you also get a host of smartphone app integration extras.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

I'm a Honda salesman and I have sold Toyotas so I've experienced quite a few of these recent tech features (Entune, HondaLink, etc). My verdict? No thanks. I was born in 1991, so I'm no stranger to modern tech (tablets, smartphones, etc) but I think the built-in stuff is just too much. So many things can go wrong and it's so, so confusing to keep up with all of the in-car apps.

I like my iPod with an AUX cable in my base model cars. If I want to play Pandora, simply pull it up on my smartphone. Oh, and GPS? Garmin for me :-)

• Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

Google's "AndroidAuto" initiative seems to be the best path, IMO. Instead of all having proprietary interfaces which will never get updated by the manufacturer, I'd rather the car screen just be a "terminal" to my phone.