Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• cybaekcybaek Member Posts: 2

Brian,

I've been following this thread for some time now and learned so much from you. I am about to purchase a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L NO NAV. I am in the VA/MD area. I see that the invoice amount is $28,798. I plan on taking your advice and emailing all the dealers around asking for $26,798 ($2k off invoice including destination fee). My question is this which I don't think has been covered in this thread.

I want to purchase the following accessories

• Side underbody spoiler
    • Front underbody spoiler
    • Rear underbody spoiler
    • Decklid spoiler

How do I go about including those accessories to my asking price? Any suggestions what price I should target with those specific accessories?

Thanks in advance!

• aejk1aejk1 Member Posts: 4

I finally bought my 2014 ex-l w/o nav for $24,500 which included doc prep and delivery fees. In Mass the doc prep is basically $300 and is non negotiable. Full disclosure, I additionally paid full retail of $500 to get the deck lid spoiler that is on the Sport installed on my ex-l. There was probably $200 to $300 dealer profit in the spoiler.

I pulled the trigger today because it became clear that the unusual color combo I wanted (black with ivory leather) was disappearing.

I bought from Herb Chambers and it was not easy. On the phone they said they would do the deal for 25,000 if I came down today. I did and in the 3 hours they tried 3 times to sneak in BS fees. They also tried to get me away from honda financing which I insisted on at 1.9%APR.

While I didn't do the deal with Honda of Boston, it was only because they didn't have my color combination. I've bought 3 other Hondas from them and would recommend them and Chad. He showed me his Sport with burgundy Katzkin leather seats and I think others might consider doing that because it was a great way to customize a lower price Sport with the spoiler I like so much, the dual exhaust and the 18" wheels. I wanted a moonroof, so I stayed with the ex-l.

Good luck everyone. Thanks to Brian for simplifying things.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited July 2014

@arm9f said:
    Hi guys-great forum. After a lot of discussions, just closed on a purchase of a 2014 EX-L 4cyl (w/o NAV) in Northern VA. Base price (including destination) was $23,925, tags/processing fees were $557, and taxes were $977 for an OTD price of $25,459.

Surprised at the variation in dealer quotes via email. Used them for bargaining, but went in to a convenient dealer and negotiated in person. Good luck to all!

This was a excellent deal..... Good job .. Post the name of dealer so the other members could try for a similar deal..

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited July 2014

@cybaek said:
    Brian,

I've been following this thread for some time now and learned so much from you. I am about to purchase a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L NO NAV. I am in the VA/MD area. I see that the invoice amount is $28,798. I plan on taking your advice and emailing all the dealers around asking for $26,798 ($2k off invoice including destination fee). My question is this which I don't think has been covered in this thread.

I want to purchase the following accessories

• Side underbody spoiler
    • Front underbody spoiler
    • Rear underbody spoiler
    • Decklid spoiler

How do I go about including those accessories to my asking price? Any suggestions what price I should target with those specific accessories?

Thanks in advance!

Very good question. Use my email sample on the prevous pages to all internet mgrs. In this email you will state along with said vehicle for xxx below invoice i would like these 4 items installed on my model. Then write i understand there will be a charge for your shop to insatll these accessories but need you to give me pricing as close to invoice as possible on them. I have contacted x, y, and z dealerships with the same email and will buy the car today if we could agree on price..

Use these web sites as a pricing guide. they are the closest prices to dealers invoice price as we know.

@collegehills honda.com

@cheaphonda parts.com

All your requested accessories are easy to install. Any auto store that does this kind of work would be 65% cheaper than what the dealer would charge to install underbody skirts and spoiler.

Call ahead of time to 4 or 5 shops near you and inquiry about pricing.. Them make dealer match this price or beat otherwise buy parts online and bring to outside shop..

• aejk1aejk1 Member Posts: 4

I want to pass on a few more observations from my recent purchase which I described above.

I think there are basically 3 types of deals when buying a car: a bad deal, a good deal and a great deal.

You are already likely going to get a good deal, because you are buying a Honda and you are on this message board.

To get a great deal requires work. If you honestly think that the effort, grief and aggravation of negotiating a deal will make you upset, then use a buying service. You will get a decent price and over the course of the ownership the few hundreds (thousand+?) extra it costs is worth maintaining your sanity.

If you are ready to try to negotiate the best deal I recommend that in addition to the advice that the wise Brian has bestowed that you do some of the additional following:

1.write down the invoice price in a notebook that you will use keep notes as the offers start to come in. 2. bring a fully charged smart phone to the dealership, so you can refer to internet, calculator, etc when necessary. 3. Always make sure the number includes the destination and doc fees, which should be disclosed from the outset. Accept that you will pay them, but adjust the price accordingly. 4. Do not get upset when they try to slip things in; they are NOT your friend--they are working to to get you to pay the most as hard as you are working to pay the least--be firm. 5. Be ready and willing to walk. 6. Be careful with the docs--take your time and review the numbers before you sign; fatigue is your enemy here. 7. Do not buy extended warranty. If Honda sells it, OK, but the private warranty companies are not going to be easy to deal with and their contracts are too tricky for average person. 8. Be careful with financing. Its their last opportunity to get a few bucks out of you. Research how they do it, so you can avoid it.

Good luck

• raulo1496raulo1496 Member Posts: 7

@brian125 said:

I would take your best quote or deal tell that dealer to split the cost of his very very high paperwork fee in half and you will buy vehicle right now. I think dealer will go for that without blinking.. You will then add 350 back onto your 1151 below invoice price.

Brian I want to say thanks again for all your help. I ended up pulling the trigger yesterday.

Accord EX-L w/o navigation for a sales price of $24537.73 from Coggin Honda of Jacksonville. This did not include their doc fees of $699.00. The accord had the full Honda protection package(wheel locks, nitrogen, cargo tray, mud guards etc.) and the MSRP was 30970.00 with this addition.

The best price I could get though email was the $24850.10 from Lucas Honda. The internet manager said he would not go any lower than that. I sent a text to my sales person at Honda of the Avenues to see if he would beat it. He said he would match it. I had been emailing with Hugo at Coggin Honda, but he would not get me a price through email. I told him thanks for his time, but I will wait on my purchase since I was not in a hurry. At 5:30 he emailed me saying they will beat any price I have proof of being offered from another dealer. So I said what the hell and went down there. The worst that can happen is that I walk out. We did not start off on a good foot as I showed up and they said Hugo went home for the day. I figured it was a bait and switch and considered just leaving, but I drove 30 minutes out of my way so I figured I would hear them out. I wanted $5500.00 for my trade, but did not tell them this. They initially offered to match my lowest deal and give me $5000.00 for my trade. I told them $24000.00 sale price and $5500.00 for trade. Through a couple back and forth's I got the $24537.73 sales price and $5567.00 for my trade so overall I was pretty happy.

However, at the last moment I received a text from the Honda of the Avenues salesman I had been dealing with at 7:30 asking me what price would get things done today. I probably could have bought from him for a few hundred less, but then I would have had to get the trade value I wanted from them to make it a good deal and who knows what would have happened once I got there. I didn't feel like jumping through anymore hoops for a couple hundred dollars and as far along as I was with Coggin I just stayed with what I had with them.

• sid_81sid_81 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014

Hi Brian,
    Using your negotiation tips I was able to get this price for a 2014 EXL No/Nav

Sale Price = 24,159.00
    Dest. Charge= 790.00
    Whllocks,Trk tray,mud guard = 339.00
    SUB TOTAL = 25,288.00
    Sales Tax - 6.25% 1,580.50
    Inventory Tax - .25% 53.18
    Documentary Fee 125.00
    TTL 126.00
    OTD Price = 27,172.68
    Do you think I can do better as the salesperson was offering to give tint for free at dealership if I was there in person.
    Regards
    This is in Houston TX

edited July 2014

Glad I could help you all. Pay it forward someday to a uneducated buyer..

One note on @raulo1496 sale.. Do you see how your last day paned out with pricing. Some dealers are despereate in that 11 hour. These are the dealers I prey on for over 40 years. Almost all the members who can buy on the last 2 days, last day of any month or quarters end will do alot better with pricing.. All that back and forth nonsense with salesman, there lies, twisting prices folks put themselfs thru the first 3weeks in any buying month is a waste of time. Dont put yourself thru that. Learn the tips and tricks and by doing your pre homework makes for a great deal.

I was in Ray Catena, Mb dealer in NJ on the 30th. I could see the sales mgr was desperate for this sale. Vehicle was sitting on his lot and dealer knew we would finance the car thru him. I said the magic word about buying vehicle from his rival in NJ and we had our car and price. Maybe on june 20th this dealer would of let me walk out . Play the game!!! ...... what I preach works.

aejk1

Excellent post. I post these things about pre homework over and over for the past 14 years in all these buying forums. That info you posted is what can make or break a good deal.

Enjoy your new ride..

• tm_014tm_014 Member Posts: 3

I'm meeting tomorrow to close on an offer. I've emailed back and forth and currently my best price came in exactly the same from two local dealers. Not sure that's a good think or bad thing.

This is for a 2014 Accord EX Auto and includes the 790 delivery charge.

The breakdown of the price OTD is:

MSRP: 26,470
    Invoice: 24,287

Sale Price: 22,889
    Doc Fee 250
    Sales Tax 1851
    Title: 33.5

Total 25,023

Is this a good deal?

I set an appointment to meet tomorrow evening.

However since I set the appt, the dealer I'm not going to lowered their price $250 and is including mud flaps. Should I let the dealer I'm meeting with tomorrow know I would like the price matched before the appt? or just hammer it out in person?

As much as I don't want to be baited and switched. I don't want to show up and spring a lower price on them only to waste my time and theirs if they cannot match. Since I have to negotiate my trade in still I have a feeling any deal I receive is going to come off the trade in. Not sure what the proper etiquette is on this.

• lo742lo742 Member Posts: 3

Excellent information Brian. I did not quite follow as I just now starting reading the Edmunds forums. I have used Edmunds a lot but not the forums. I did purchase a vehicle on June 30th, which as you stated, buying at the end is a good idea. Here is what I did:

I started out on truecars and that send it out to 3 honda dealers. I contacted 2 more dealers to get pricing starting with the trucars cost. I was looking for LX CVT. I got back a couple of offers and started talking. I ended at Joyce Koons Honda in Manassas. I feel good about the price and deal.
    $18,330 price
    $804 tax + dealer fees, tags..
    $20,323 OTD price
    $960 - 6yr 120k Honda care. I got a quote from Curry Honda, they did not like the price when I asked if they could match it. During the signing, the extended warranty paper work came up with them matching price. He said they took a loss to match, ya ok but glad they did. I have 100k in 3yrs on my Focus so wanted to extra protection.
    I got 0.9% for 60months
    I also got free oil changes for life, Trunk Tray, Door guards, wheel locks.

So the wife has the focus and I have the Accord :)

Your deal is 1398 minus the 250 doc fee. I think there is more room to negotiate. I would go anyway to see what there best offer is on your trade and to try and lower the new vehicle sale price. . Dealer may not want to lower there price. It is the beginning of the month. I think 500 to 700 is what you should be trying to get off this deal by months end. We are into July already. Might need to walk out tomorrow but letting this dealer know what price gets the deal done. They will come back with a counter offer in the coming weeks... let them fester on it.

You need to get more dealerships involved in pricing . A trade and buy is a hard transaction if your trade is a vehicle dealers feel they cant sell.

lo742

Good job on your deal... Excellent price with the extended waranty.

• postmanlvpostmanlv Member Posts: 6

Just stumbled upon you guys and hoping someone can tell me if I'm being taken,I was quoted these numbers Vehicle Price: $26,470.00
    AutoNation Savings: - $3,786.00
    SmartChoice Price: $22,684.00
    2 Year Included Oil Changes: + $1.00
    Dimming Mirror: + $377.00
    Door Edge Guards: + $139.00
    Door Sill Trim: + $189.00
    Remote start: + $597.00
    Splash Guards: + $148.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $24,135.00

Sales Tax (estimate):   +   $1,987.29    
    Title Fee:  +   $28.25   
    Documentation Fee:  +   $399.50  
    Balance Due (estimate):     $26,550.04   

No Trade-In

this is from a Las Vegas dealer,any red flags?thanks for your help

sorry forgot to add that is for the ex not l

edited July 2014

postmanlv

A lot more room to negotiate in this deal. First off on all those added accessories they are slamming you for. Negotiate another 500 dollars off those prices. A Remote Starter pay no more than 400 dollars, Splash guards are 60 dollars, door sill trim is 100 dollars , Dimming mirror invoice is about 200 dollars if that. @collegehills Honda parts sells that mirror for 226. See how dealer is getting you. This is your negotiating room in this deal.

Oil changes for 100. Come on dealer should be throwing in 2 for free. Are you kidding me. That needs to be taken off the price . Your buying a new car not oil change services.. My God these dealers are slimy.

Your original deal without accessories added is 1603 below dealers invoice price minus 399.50 for doc fee's bringing you to 1203 below invoice.

Call this dealer tell them knock off 500 dollars off this deal, give me the 2 oil changes for free. { or remove that item from the bill } and you will buy said vehicle Today. Otherwise make him find you the model and vehicle without all those items, Or buy vehicle elsewhere. Let dealer sit and wait on YOUR offer while you go shop around for a better deal minus those accessories.

Please go back and read my prior posts to educate your self on buying and how to get the best deal. Your only saving on the added accessories not vehicle price.

• rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311

^ looks like those oil changes are $1.00 not $100.

lol.. I guess after that accessories spanking a couple of 1 dollar oil changes sounds human.

• aj28aj28 Member Posts: 5

Hi all.

New to this forum, glad I found it as I've found a lot of great info here. I have one question for the experts, forgive me if this has been specifically covered in one of the 40+ pages of the thread that I haven't had a chance to read yet.

I was thinking of trying to get a lease deal done on an Accord in the next few days since their current financing deals last until July 7th. Based on reading some of the posts here, it looks like I started a day or two too late since I would have gotten a better deal on the price at the end of June. I don't need to have a car until early August, so I don't have a problem waiting until the end of July to try to get a better deal. My question is, is there a chance that the financing would change significantly enough by the end of this month that I would get a better deal now for say $500 more than I might pay at the end of the month with different financing? I'm new to the lease game so I'm unfamiliar with if the terms really change after the "holiday deals" are over in terms of the MF and residuals. Thanks for any help.

edited July 2014

aj28,

There is 750 cash incentive if you lease a Accord. . July 7th, is the last day for the cash incentive. On July 8th, Honda will most likely continue this cash incentive, If not your out the 750. I personally think Honda will continue this incentive. They need to sell cars.. There competition i.e.; Toyota , Ford, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia are discounting heavy right now.

Same rules apply whether you lease or buy. Negotiate the lowest sale price of the vehicle and have dealer run the correct Residual, money factor, etc. Roll all the fee's into the lease including the taxes making 36 equal payments. This will help you if vehicle is totaled or stolen. You wont lose any of Your money.

Your target price to lease or buy should start at a very minimum 1200 below dealers invoice to as high as 2k. below. This all depending on your area and supply and demand on dealers lots.

Waiting till months end would net you a few more dollars off vehicle.

Accord leasing forum for numbers.................. good luck

Brian Thanks for the insight, I will ask for 500 off of the price but I'm confused it says 2 year oil changes so does that mean only 2 oil changes or 2 years worth?
    edited July 2014

Suggested manufactures' oil changes are 7,500 plus depending on your driving conditions. I'm old school on this one.

I'd rather be safe than sorry. I like to change my Oil every 6 or 7 months or 5k with the newer cars. Older cars I would do it every 3k. Oil changes are so inexpensive and I cant tell when my oil is actually breaking down.

If I was leasing and the dealer told me once a year then I would do just that. I'm just renting that vehicle and giving it back... I could care less its under warranty while I own it.

Update
    dealer just called and said he'd do 25,800 otd with all the options installed, I'm buying tonight.
    edited July 2014

With the 750 dollar off old offer makes this a Good deal...... Now your buying vehicle for about 1450 below invoice and all those accessories are very close to invoice price.

post dealership and details when your completed..

• acco14acco14 Member Posts: 2

I'm looking for a EX-L (w/o Nav). Anyone has experience with Kansas city area dealers? What is a good price for this one? I have a quote for $25600 including all fee (excluding taxes, title etc).

• acco14acco14 Member Posts: 2

I have a better deal now, $24750 including all fee

• snoopye24snoopye24 Member Posts: 1

Brian, thanks for all the great insight you've provided, and thanks to everyone else who has shared there experience too! I purchased my 2014 Sport yesterday from Mossy Honda in Lemon Grove, my Sales Rep was Bailey. My sale price was $21,500 that included the destination charge and a $500 military rebate, even though I was financed through Navy Federal Credit Union. $1,758 sales tax, $80 doc fee, $18 CVR, $248.75 standard fees. In addition I received free splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk mat. Total price before I purchased the Honda Care was $23,604.75.

While speaking with the finance person, I told him I was having second thoughts on my 2009 DTS trade-in with and that I thinking of pulling out, he then said what could be done to close the deal right now? I said add another $500 to my trade-in, match the Honda Care Plan and maintenance plan that I was quoted with Saccucci Honda, and lastly I want the vogues tyres and chrome rims swapped out from my 2009 DTS onto my 2006 DTS. He had a hard time betting quotas from Saccucci, but he came close enough, but he had to get another sales person concerning my request for rims and tires. So in walks a male sales person, Bailey is a lady, who ask the condition of the rims of my 06 DTS and I told him I hadn't checked them since I just purchased the car from Phoenix the day before. He agrees to swap them out, so after going home to get my 06 DTS he's like "the tires aren't all the same and 2 center caps are missing". "I'm like I guess you all will have to order the center caps and place new tires on the car. That's what happens when you try to low-ball my trade-in." There was no way I'm letting them keep $4,500 rims and tires. All in all, I'm a very happy person! Bailey is good people, highly recommend her over the others I spoke with.

URCHASE OPTION
    Vehicle Price: $26,470.00
    AutoNation Savings: - $4,479.84
    SmartChoice Price: $21,990.16
    2 Year Included Oil Changes: + $1.00
    Dimming Mirror: + $377.00
    Door Edge Guards: + $139.00
    Door Sill Trim: + $189.00
    Remote start: + $597.00
    Splash Guards: + $148.00
    Vehicle Selling Price: $23,441.16

Sales Tax (estimate):   +   $1,931.09    
    Title Fee:  +   $28.25   
    Documentation Fee:  +   $399.50  
    Balance Due (estimate):     $25,800.00   

These are my final numbers for my ex purchased at AutoNation Honda in Vegas

• aj28aj28 Member Posts: 5

@brian125 said:
    aj28,

There is 750 cash incentive if you lease a Accord. . July 7th, is the last day for the cash incentive. On July 8th, Honda will most likely continue this cash incentive, If not your out the 750. I personally think Honda will continue this incentive. They need to sell cars.. There competition i.e.; Toyota , Ford, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia are discounting heavy right now.

Same rules apply whether you lease or buy. Negotiate the lowest sale price of the vehicle and have dealer run the correct Residual, money factor, etc. Roll all the fee's into the lease including the taxes making 36 equal payments. This will help you if vehicle is totaled or stolen. You wont lose any of Your money.

Your target price to lease or buy should start at a very minimum 1200 below dealers invoice to as high as 2k. below. This all depending on your area and supply and demand on dealers lots.

Waiting till months end would net you a few more dollars off vehicle.

Accord leasing forum for numbers.................. good luck

Thanks Brian. I have done a fair bit of research (and have read through about 40 of the 50+ pages in this thread so far) but I haven't done enough homework to move on a car today so I will hope the incentive gets extended. The guys in the lease forum have been great and I've learned a lot there. Any idea when we would find out if they extend the lease incentive? Would that be available as early as tomorrow?

I will be rolling everything into my monthly lease payment. If I understand some of your previous posts correctly, the target range of 1,200-2,000 below invoice includes destination and delaer fees, but does not include TTL + taxes. Would the lease incentive be included in the 1200-2000 or should that be on top of it? I am in Philadelphia so I have the ability to go to dealers in PA, NJ, and DE. I know that a few months ago some posters were having trouble getting great deals in this area. I would not be impossible to expand my search to MD, but it would be difficult. My plan was to start sending emails out in about a week. I am most likely going for the EX-L w/o Nav unless I get blown away with an offer on the Nav. Thanks again for all your help.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084

@aj28 said:
    I will be rolling everything into my monthly lease payment. If I understand some of your previous posts correctly, the target range of 1,200-2,000 below invoice includes destination and delaer fees, but does not include TTL + taxes. Would the lease incentive be included in the 1200-2000 or should that be on top of it? I am in Philadelphia so I have the ability to go to dealers in PA, NJ, and DE. I know that a few months ago some posters were having trouble getting great deals in this area. I would not be impossible to expand my search to MD, but it would be difficult. My plan was to start sending emails out in about a week. I am most likely going for the EX-L w/o Nav unless I get blown away with an offer on the Nav. Thanks again for all your help.

The new numbers from Honda are expected tomorrow ... hopefully, we'll have them either tomorrow or the day after.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• gueloxguelox Member Posts: 1

2014 Honda accord sport Sedan in (Ohio) what do you guys think?

Selling price $21,884
    Documentation Fee $250
    Tax (6.75%) $1,494.05
    Title and Registration $33.50
    Total OTD $23,661.55

• pecanhonda42pecanhonda42 Member Posts: 3

Brian, what do you think of this:

2014 coupe EX-L V6 stock:
    MSRP: 31,415
    Fee: 199
    Tax: ~ 7%

Price they offered: $26900 with fee and without tax.

@guelox said:

2014 Honda accord sport Sedan in (Ohio) what do you guys think?

Selling price $21,884
    Documentation Fee $250
    Tax (6.75%) $1,494.05
    Title and Registration $33.50
    Total OTD $23,661.55

there is more room in this deal to negotiate. paying this dealer a 250 doc fee only puts you at alittle over 1k below invoice.

@pecanhonda42 said:

Invoice on your model is 28,542 w/ destanation charge.

Your question 26,900 with fee. What fee? If you dont give proper price info we cant answer you.

does your price include dest/ charge ?

what is dealers doc fee charge ?

what state are you buying in ?

@brian125 said:
    what state are you buying in ?

I'm buying in Missouri. The doc fee is $199 and is included in the price. The dest fee is also included.

Buying in Missouri
    MSRP: $31,415 with destination charge
    Doc fee: $199

Price They gave me is
    $26,700 = car price with destination fee
    $199 = doc fee
    so total is $26,900.

I asked for $26,700 for the car, since I was willing to pay that much and they gave it to me immediately. This made me question if it was a good deal or not.

• teegalateegala Member Posts: 2

After lot of thinking & emailing. I brought Honda Accord Hybrid base.
    Total price = 28500 ( don't remember the breakup but i remember selling price as 1500 less than MSRP). I brought the last car available so didn't have much bargaining option.

I did check the Sports & EX-L ( V4 without Nav). Got a quote of 23,750 and 25k+ as drive out price from John Eagle Honda ( Houston).

edited July 2014

@pecanhonda42 said:

This is a good deal at 1624 below invoice. If this dealer is not close to you make the closest dealer match or beat.. Dealership is pricing these vehicles to sell quicker than the rest.. Good luck.

• anuprpanuprp Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2014

Hi Brian,

I'm new here and looking to buy a 2014 EX-L V6 Sedan (no navi) in the NJ area. I see you've mentioned that the goal is to get 1-2k off of invoice for the price including dealer doc fees. Is that still a realistic goal since the two $500 dealer incentives just expired with the 4th of July sale being over? Also, any dealers in the area you think are better than others? I was going to start at the Old Bridge DCH Honda dealership. Thanks very much!

anuprp

Oldbridge DCH , Auto-Sport in Bridgewater NJ are 2 good dealerships. Auto-sport most likely will give you the better deal. Both dealerships doc fee's are close to 300 dollars so figure that into your target price. 1800 below dealers invoice is a 1500 below buy . That is what you should target in NJ . Be firm and hold out. Tell all dealerships involved I will buy today for that price.

DCH Paramus, Garden state are a couple more you need to get involved.

Good luck.

• cybaekcybaek Member Posts: 2

Wanted to say thanks to everyone and especially Brian for all the help. Brian please let me know how good this deal is.

I went ahead and purchased my vehicle today. Think I got an amazing deal in my opinion and wanted to share my experience. I know the general rule is to wait til the end of the month but I just went ahead and gave it a try and wait til the end of the month if I didn't get the price I wanted. I purchased my 2014 Honda Accord Touring at Honda of Chantilly in Northern Virginia.

Here is my breakdown of price: Purchase Price (includes destination fee): $29,139.61 TTL: $1,261.39 Dealer Processing Fee: $499 Total Price Paid OTD: $30,900

I also got .9% APR financed through Honda.

I called Chantilly Honda and talked to the salesperson directly over the phone. We went back and forth a couple times. Finally agreed to the price above. Upon arriving to the dealer, there was a mix up with the salesperson and manager. Apparently, the salesperson never mentioned the .9% APR along with the discounted price to the manager.

So after I have signed the paperwork, the manager comes by and tells me he needs to add another $700 to the purchase price if I wanted to get .9% APR. I demanded that they agree to our original deal as it is not my fault there was this miscommunication, and we already verbally agreed on this price over the phone. After a little back and forth. the manager explained to me that he will honor the deal at the end. I think I got a little lucky with the mishap on their end. Overall experience was great at this dealership.

I originally emailed every dealer and got down to Henrick Woodbridge Honda and Chantilly Honda. Since I live in Chantilly, I decided to deal with them.

Hope this helps some people looking for this specific car.

edited July 2014

cybaek

Chantilly Honda has been competing with Pohanka with pricing these past 3 months . Hendricks has step up there game also. Buyers in MD, and VA, are seeing some of the best pricing in the country on Accords Civics' and Pilots.. You worked a very good deal just looking at the numbers well into 1700 below dealers invoice range . Don't have a calculator near me.

I was just telling my son he wants to buy a 2014 Civic. Catch Amtrak take your wife go to Md or VA, Buy the car take a few days by the beach and drive your new car back. He would save close to 800 or more dollars. why waste your time In NY or NJ.? dealers over here are selling 1200 to 1300 below with a 299 or 75 doc fee. Out by you Civic's could be had for 2k below plus if you know what your doing.

Anyway good luck with your new accord you will love it..

• gueloxguelox Member Posts: 1

Hey brian I got a few dealerships involved got this price today. In Ohio dealership is just 3 miles from work so i think i am join to pull the plug and buy it.

2014 honda accord sport Sedan.
    Internet Sales Price 20996
    Doc Fee 250
    Trade In -
    Sub Total 21246
    Tax 6.75% 1434.11
    Title fee 15.00
    Temp Tag 18.50

Total Price 22713.61

guelox

good price

@snoopye24 said:
    Brian, thanks for all the great insight you've provided, and thanks to everyone else who has shared there experience too! I purchased my 2014 Sport yesterday from Mossy Honda in Lemon Grove, my Sales Rep was Bailey. My sale price was $21,500 that included the destination charge and a $500 military rebate, even though I was financed through Navy Federal Credit Union. $1,758 sales tax, $80 doc fee, $18 CVR, $248.75 standard fees. In addition I received free splash guards, wheel locks, and trunk mat. Total price before I purchased the Honda Care was $23,604.75.

While speaking with the finance person, I told him I was having second thoughts on my 2009 DTS trade-in with and that I thinking of pulling out, he then said what could be done to close the deal right now? I said add another $500 to my trade-in, match the Honda Care Plan and maintenance plan that I was quoted with Saccucci Honda, and lastly I want the vogues tyres and chrome rims swapped out from my 2009 DTS onto my 2006 DTS. He had a hard time betting quotas from Saccucci, but he came close enough, but he had to get another sales person concerning my request for rims and tires. So in walks a male sales person, Bailey is a lady, who ask the condition of the rims of my 06 DTS and I told him I hadn't checked them since I just purchased the car from Phoenix the day before. He agrees to swap them out, so after going home to get my 06 DTS he's like "the tires aren't all the same and 2 center caps are missing". "I'm like I guess you all will have to order the center caps and place new tires on the car. That's what happens when

• anuprpanuprp Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2014

• pmarcuspmarcus Member Posts: 9

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share where I am at with car pricing:

Looking for a 2014 Accord Coupe EX-L 4cyl.

1) Vehicle cost including destination fee: $26,718.00, your sale price $25,300

2) TTL: $2,113.29 (Sales tax), $498.35(Plate Fees)

3) Doc fee: $399

4) $274.95 (Security Etch & Nitrogen Tire Package) (this is optional and I wouldn't get it)

5) No other incentives on cash deal from Honda.

Went in to talk to them and they said they couldn't budge any lower than this. That said I have been getting quotes in Phoenix and Tucson for only 2 days.

I told them I was ready to buy but not in a hurry but I was firm in getting to $24,500 before doc fees. I said to give me a call if they changed their minds and that I would expand the search to neighboring states and use it as an excuse to visit some friends if I found the deal I wanted. Think they will call back? :)

This is at Chapman Honda in Tucson BTW. They are super nice, low pressure, and very professional.

edited July 2014

pmarcus

Hey nice picture.... You might be the first Edmunds member to put up a picture of self.

• pmarcuspmarcus Member Posts: 9

ha, I didn't do it! It pulled it from google or gravatar or something!!! I'm REALLY not that vain I promise!

• liquidq23liquidq23 Member Posts: 7

2014 Accord Ex-L with Navi
    invoice: 28544
    selling price: 26695 (quotted about a month ago)
    otd: 29175 (buying in ca. 8% sales tax)

Do you think I should take this offer or is there a room for more nego? Thanks!