Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus Lease Questions

13»

Comments

• cew5cew5 Member Posts: 2

@Michaell@Edmunds said:
    You haven't given the dealer any money at this point - cash, check or credit card? If not, that too works in your favor.

I haven't driven the car off the lot yet and I have not given them any form of payment. Legally, I think I am bound by the financing agreement, though really, it seems downright wrong that the clock is ticking on my lease and I don't have the car. In the past when I leased vehicles I signed the lease on the day I picked up the car so I haven't been in this situation before. If the car doesn't show up this week then I'll have a talk with the dealership. I think the appropriate solution is to reset the least start date to the date I pickup the car.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@cew5 said:
    I haven't driven the car off the lot yet and I have not given them any form of payment. Legally, I think I am bound by the financing agreement, though really, it seems downright wrong that the clock is ticking on my lease and I don't have the car. In the past when I leased vehicles I signed the lease on the day I picked up the car so I haven't been in this situation before. If the car doesn't show up this week then I'll have a talk with the dealership. I think the appropriate solution is to reset the least start date to the date I pickup the car.

To do that, you'd have to tear up the existing contract and write a new one with the new dates. I'd call the dealer now and let them know that's what you want to do.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057

@2panther said:
    Could someone let me know what the lease payment would be for a Focus ST ST3 with a dealer price of $27,057 for 36 and 39 month terms? 15k miles/year

Thank you!

What is the negotiated selling price?

1.0% MF for 36 mo, 1.25% MF for 39 mo. $750 lease cash.

45% for 36/15, 43% for 39/15.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145

Please continue in our 2014 Ford Focus Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.