Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura TLX Starts at $31,890 | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Acura
image2015 Acura TLX Starts at $31,890 | Edmunds.com

The new 2015 Acura TLX, an all-new midsize sedan that replaces the 2014 Acura TL in the Acura lineup, starts at $31,890.

Read the full story here

Comments

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240

I haven't like Acura products since the 2003 CL Type S, but this is one design that intrigues me. Yes the engine choices may seem under powered in comparison to the comp, but I need to see the numbers and drive one before I cancel it out.

• duke84duke84 Member Posts: 5

I too own a 2003 CL Type-S, and I've been interested in this design since the prototype. I was seriously considering an IS250 F Sport. With that price point [42,000], you can have a TLX SH-AWD w/ Advance. I know that both models are different, in their own right, but if I can have all the bells and whistles [TLX] for the same price as a base model with a body kit [IS250]... Plus it sometimes comes down to true brand loyalty. Designs will always change, and people will either love it or hate it. I know what I'm getting when I drive an Acura no matter what it looks like. Getting a much as you can for the least amount of money is always the bottom line.

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,382
    edited July 2014

Both engines seem down on power compared to what is out there in the competition. That won't show well on paper and may turn buyers off before they even get to the showroom no matter how well they perform on the seat-of-the-pants-o-meter.

That being said, darn good looking car and true to Acura, nicely priced and equipped for that money.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• typeshtypesh Member Posts: 22

To be able to get a well equipped mid-size luxury car well equipped with just about everything save for navigation and high end audio for under $32k is very solid pricing. It's over $5,500 less than a similarly equipped MKZ (yes, the MKZ has a turbo though), is only $360 more than the outgoing TSX (while adding 4-wheel steering, 8DCT, back-up camera, LED headlights & hill start assist). It's also only $2,830 more than the Accord EX-L and adds 4-wheel steering, 8DCT instead of the CVT, LED headlights, instead of halogens & hill start assist. Not to mention is a luxury branded car in a wholly separate channel.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,164

Still running with the shield theme - I guess Acura gets an A for commitment anyway, as they'll run with a goofy styling ideal even when the market laughs at it. This car looks to be solid value - I wonder if it will be a US only model, or have a counterpart elsewhere (as the TSX is a Euro Accord etc).

• tommyblueztommybluez Member Posts: 1

Honda / Acura always seem to pull more performance from lower horsepower numbers. Look at the 2000 TL, they only had 225hp but were able to hit 60mph in 6 seconds. My G37x now has 328hp and does it in 5.5 - not much difference and the TL had much better gas mileage.

• typeshtypesh Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2014

@fintail said:
    Still running with the shield theme - I guess Acura gets an A for commitment anyway, as they'll run with a goofy styling ideal even when the market laughs at it. This car looks to be solid value - I wonder if it will be a US only model, or have a counterpart elsewhere (as the TSX is a Euro Accord etc).

This is probably one of the best interpretations of the shield grille, along with the MDX, ILX & RDX. So if they're keeping the shield, at least it looks fine now. Likely, it'll be US-only, it was specifically designed in the US like the last two TLs that weren't sold elsewhere (the Honda Sabre/Inspire in Japan that were TLs earlier on, were later just US-market Accords). The European Accord may not continue on and if it does, this TLX may be too large to serve as a Euro Accord.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,164

Well maybe, less offensive rather than fine ;) . But I know how stylists work these days, different for the sake of being different.

I was thinking this would be too big and maybe bland to be a Euro Accord. Too bad, as to me, the TSX was/is the most compelling offering in their lineup - even if when we finally got the wagon, it was mandated as V6/slushbox. I remember seeing a number of the wagons in Germany, especially parked in engineering areas.

@typesh said:
    This is probably one of the best interpretations of the shield grille, along with the MDX, ILX & RDX. So if they're keeping the shield, at least it looks fine now. Likely, it'll be US-only, it was specifically designed in the US like the last two TLs that weren't sold elsewhere (the Honda Sabre/Inspire in Japan that were TLs earlier on, were later just US-market Accords). The European Accord may not continue on and if it does, this TLX may be too large to serve as a Euro Accord.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited August 2014

I like the new engine choices but would of liked more ponies in the V-6 engine. The SH/ awd model reviews seem to be very positive on ride and handling. To me that's the model to buy. What fun would it be driven this bumper car without the enjoyment. . This new model could be a great alternative to a Accord or a entry luxury sedan. Will see the jury is still out. I don't think its anywhere near a 3bmw or Audi's 4 ride maybe closer to the Buick Regal's ride. Cr reports gave the new Regal and very nice write up on ride and handling. That car too is also underpowered... like to see more Getty-up in it.. Have not seen the new TLX yet in person so with about 3.8 inches smaller than the outgoing 2014 TL. might be a problem for big guys like myself over 6ft. The style is still odd at best. I think for what your getting / price will lure folks away from some other brands.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE