Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Genesis Video Review

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Hyundai

Comments

• biglee13mbiglee13m Member Posts: 5

Is this a sponsored article? I'm a fan of the Genesis brand but this sounds like a Hyundai's ad not a review.

• threxxthrexx Member Posts: 42

I agree. Aside from a few lukewarm comments on the fuel economy and badge presence, it sounds more like an ad. If for nothing else it's a very high level overview that sounds like it's designed for a very casual car shopper. Maybe fine for edmunds.com but doesn't really deserve to be on the front page of Inside Line... er, I mean "What's Hot"

• banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    edited July 2014

This article reads like a copy paste from the manufacturer's press conference. I guess that's why the job title of the "writer" is editor and not journalist...

• dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143

Seriously lame "review", Edmunds. Maybe trying to compensate for their paint-drying presentations of the past, perhaps? Either way, I like the Genesis exterior, but that interior is just too generic and sterile for an attempt as a premium model. For just a bit more money, I'd easily choose an A6/E350/535i

• financeman2financeman2 Member Posts: 5

Its more than a bit more money to purchase a similarly equipped A6/E350/535i.... That said, this article is not a review...its an advertisement....a total waste.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,162

This and some of the Lexus hype remind me of what I call the Motorweek effect - "I never met a car I didn't like" ;)

• biglee13mbiglee13m Member Posts: 5

Equip A6/E350/535i to the same level of content and pay 20k more

• ratledgeratledge Member Posts: 233

I traded my 535i in on the 2015 Genny 3.8L V6. Quite impressive, frankly - and I could buy two of the vehicles I was considering for the same price.

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2015
    The new 2015 model Genesis is one of the best bangs for the buck for a upscale vehicle. . Inside is vey nice and new improvements to the suspension make this vehicle winner. . Not a big fan on exterior look. If I buy one wont be till they restyle the body some more. I like the look of the 2015 Equus and 2014 Genesis better.

I really like my 2013 R-spec Genesis. Its fast, luxurious, ultra quiet inside and fun to drive. Not to mention the Awesome 17 speaker w/ amp 7.1 Lexicon sound system. Just below the B&O and Mark Levinson system. had both systems. Acura ELS system I heard and is very nice also.

The( new) Mark Levinson system is probably the best one out there. IMO

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE