Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Pricing and the Competition - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2014 in Kia
imagePricing and the Competition - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Kia equips its 2014 Cadenza with a heavy load of features. It can make the car seem expensive. But maybe not if you look at the competition.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509

TMV also shows you get what you pay for in terms of resale value. Sure, the Kia is a beautiful vehicle with a bunch of options. However, if I were in this market, I would pick the Avalon hands-down. Proven powertrain reliability and stronger resale value.

Of course, buying a near-$40,000 object purely with resale in mind is foolish. But I would still buy the Avalon over the other two :D

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863

A $40,000 Kia? Are you mad? I would agree that I'm sure that the Avalon is a much better buy and frankly you're in Mid-SUV territory there and could get something like a Pilot with VERY low depreciation.

• Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24

i wonder why you decided to compare the Chevy instead of the buick? also i'm wondering how a similarly equipped chrysler 300 would fair and i believe 40k gets you a ford taurus SHO. these arent enthusiest vehicles for sure but lets not forget that 43-44k gets you the chevy SS.

• Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471

sigh -- So apparently I still live in a world where people say things like "Why would you spend money on a KIA?!?!?"

• Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514

@kirkhilles1: Chevy Corvettes are $50-100k, a Nissan GT-R is $70k, and Mustangs can go sky-high. So what's the problem with a $40k Kia?

You've obviously not owned or driven a Kia; they're quite nice, with one of the best interior layouts around, and a warranty that beats the others.