Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Rodeo V6 Starting problem

victourbvictourb Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Isuzu

Wife took Rodeo to Doc. yesterday when she came out and tried to start the car. The starter spun Over (at a nice speed and New Battery) It took 12 seconds for it to start this has not been Normal. It usually takes about 4 seconds for less to start, same for the past 10 years..When she got home and told me this I went out after 10 minutes and tried to start. it 10 second rule was still there.. went out this morning and turned the key on to hear the fuel pump it was working..turned it off after 3 seconds and back on 3 more times.. Turned off and back on to start and it started in 3 Sec.. went to store shut it off for 30 minutes came out and it took 10 Sec. again to start.. The Car runs and Idles fine, does not miss or anything.... Plenty of power like before. I suspected Fuel pressure or Regulator problems . Haven't checked them yet... Need Advice Thank You.

Comments