Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Infiniti QX60 Lease Questions

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,984

@stavmar said:
    Michaell Details in the decimals, thank you.

jkipster‌ Thank you for the correction, I must have transcribed it incorrectly... So my situation is as follows and I guess the question is if this is a good deal for a lease, or perhaps I should ask is it a fair one?

• QX60 FWD Premium [P01] and Premium Plus [P02] with these options:
    • [N10] Illuminated Kick Plates $440 MSRP
    • [B93] Rear Bumper Protector $210 MSRP
    • [B92] Splash Guards (Color-Matched Set Of 4) $205 MSRP

• 39 Month/12,000 miles

• $48,500 MSRP
    • $45,652 Agreed Price
    • $396 Dealer Fees (DF, Marketing, DMV)
    • $700 Acquisition Fee
    • $2853.25 Taxes (6.25% Texas)
    • $27,645 Residual Value (57%)
    • 0.00068 MF (No MSDs, I will deal with that in the finance office)

I am calculating a $511.56 monthly payment with NOTHING rolled in.

I would probably pay the following in cash at signing and not roll it in...

$511.98 (1st Month) + $700 Acquisition Fee + $2853.25 State Tax + $396 Dealer Fees
    The total due at inception = $4460.81

Is the Acquisition Fee taxed?

This seems high to me. The lowest Monthly Payment these guys showed me was around $690 per month which I assume is due to taxes rolled into the lease along with all the other fees. When I recalculate with the roll in I am seeing around $615.51 monthly payment.

I am OK with paying the fees taxes up front to help reduce interest paid on those things rolled in.

The dilemma is how many MSDs will I want to make to sweeten the deal. I really hit a brick wall with 0.0001 MFs that many have posted here, but the lowest I heard the sales manager, not Finance, agree to was 0.00041. This would take $1,500 additional dollars at signing for a $20 reduction per month or $20 x 39 months = $780 of savings for the duration of the lease and my MSD back ($1,500) or a ~52% cumulative return on my investment (~16% annually) over 3.25 years (39 months).

Based on my review of this forum, I am just not seeing others pay that amount at signing and seem to have a lower monthly payment which lends me to believe that my agreed price is just too high.

Thoughts?

I also wanted to share (see attachment) this nice copy of an actual lease form from Infinity that a writer for the NYT did in the Manhattan Infinity dealer for a G37x. Pretty nice to have this as a primer when I walk into the finance office.

Which state are you in? Taxes on leases vary. Most states simply tax the payment amount each month. NJ wants all the taxes for the lease up front; you can pay them at lease inception or add them to the cap cost. IL and TX (and I think GA now) collect sales tax on the entire purchase price, which dramatically increases the payment.

NY does not allow MSD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• stavmarstavmar Member Posts: 21

Which state are you in? Taxes on leases vary. Most states simply tax the payment amount each month. NJ wants all the taxes for the lease up front; you can pay them at lease inception or add them to the cap cost. IL and TX (and I think GA now) collect sales tax on the entire purchase price, which dramatically increases the payment.

I am in Texas, we owe taxes on the agreed price of the vehicle at 6.25%. We can choose to roll it into the lease or we can pay it up front if we choose. I would prefer to pay it up front because i am going to woe the taxes anyways and it makes it easier to manage for my sales tax deduction come IRS time.

• docmridocmri Member Posts: 25

HI,
    Is it possible to get current MF and RV for QX60 with fwd with 36/12 with technology packge set up.
    thanks so much!!

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

@docmri said:
    HI,
    Is it possible to get current MF and RV for QX60 with fwd with 36/12 with technology packge set up.
    thanks so much!!

.00068 MF and 58% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• waddah0awaddah0a Member Posts: 29

Hi kyfdx
    What is the MF and RV for 2014 QX60 Hybrid AWD 36/12 and 39/10

@waddah0a said:
    Hi kyfdx
    What is the MF and RV for 2014 QX60 Hybrid AWD 36/12 and 39/10

36/12 - 57% and .00073

39/10 - 56% and .00073

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• stimstim Member Posts: 36

Can anyone post the residuals and mf for a AWD QX60 with Premium/Premium+, Touring, Tech and Theater as well as a car with the same less the Tech package if there is a difference. Planning on starting negociations in a day or two. I'm hoping to get at least 2500-3000 off list and will attempt to use the multiple security deposits do reduce my overall monthly cost.

The two dealers here in St. Louis both have 60 QX60's on the lot - mostly loaded in black and graphite and seem desperate to move them before the new model year arrives in the fall. The only problem I can see is that I have a Lexus RX350 that won't expire until NOV. Only have 21000 miles on it with a buyout of 30000 - so I'm not sure how much equity I'll pull out of it to reduce either cap costs or fees.

Thanks in advance

edited June 2014

@stim said:
    Can anyone post the residuals and mf for a AWD QX60 with Premium/Premium+, Touring, Tech and Theater as well as a car with the same less the Tech package if there is a difference. Planning on starting negociations in a day or two. I'm hoping to get at least 2500-3000 off list and will attempt to use the multiple security deposits do reduce my overall monthly cost.

The two dealers here in St. Louis both have 60 QX60's on the lot - mostly loaded in black and graphite and seem desperate to move them before the new model year arrives in the fall. The only problem I can see is that I have a Lexus RX350 that won't expire until NOV. Only have 21000 miles on it with a buyout of 30000 - so I'm not sure how much equity I'll pull out of it to reduce either cap costs or fees.

Thanks in advance

All AWD have the same program. .00070 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

56% for 39mo, 15K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Smartinez24Smartinez24 Member Posts: 24

may i please know
    2014 qx60 awd residual value and money factor for 36/12 and 39/12

@Smartinez24 said:
    may i please know
    2014 qx60 awd residual value and money factor for 36/12 and 39/12

add 2% to the residual values in the post directly above yours for 12K miles per year.

.00070 MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91

Could I get the MF and Resid Value for a 2014 QX60 AWD w/ Prem/Prem Plus/Deluxe Touring/Tech Pkg. for 36 mo./10k mi. Thanks.

• rlbjr2rlbjr2 Member Posts: 91

Also, if the MF is 0.0007 and I put down 7 MSD's, would that lower the MF to 0?

@rlbjr2 said:
    Could I get the MF and Resid Value for a 2014 QX60 AWD w/ Prem/Prem Plus/Deluxe Touring/Tech Pkg. for 36 mo./10k mi. Thanks.

.00070 MF and 60% residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@rlbjr2 said:
    Also, if the MF is 0.0007 and I put down 7 MSD's, would that lower the MF to 0?

.00001 is as low as they go..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

How decent is this deal?

St Louis Missouri

QX60 AWD with:

Touring
    Premium
    Premium Plus
    Theater
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Illuminated Sills

List Price: 57645.00
    Discount: 5500.00
    Taking Possession of Lexus RX350 AWD, NAV, ETC. 5 Payments Left, Payoff 31450 his offer was 32,000. A little low but I doubt I can bump that up.

Multiple Security Deposits to get MF down to .0001 with standard residual of 58% (Correct?)
    Tax Rate is 8.11 only on monthly payment not total

Haven't figured acq fee or other fees yet. Dealer so far hasn't a clue on how to calculation the MF reduction or total amount for the security deposit - I don't know if he is attempting to play games on the MF but will find out tomorrow. I have all my calculations and how I get to my number.

Total Estimate payment without a down payment 12K year and 39 months

$514.01 With $500 down without the MF reduction it jumps to $578.40

Have to confirm the payment but the discount and Lexus value is set. Agreed that the MF was/is .0007

Don't think I can get any lower. Another dealer across town game me a "deal" at 755 per month. I immediately left because at 750 there is no way he'd even come close.

@stim said:
    How decent is this deal?

St Louis Missouri

QX60 AWD with:

Touring
    Premium
    Premium Plus
    Theater
    Rear Bumper Protector
    Illuminated Sills

List Price: 57645.00
    Discount: 5500.00
    Taking Possession of Lexus RX350 AWD, NAV, ETC. 5 Payments Left, Payoff 31450 his offer was 32,000. A little low but I doubt I can bump that up.

Multiple Security Deposits to get MF down to .0001 with standard residual of 58% (Correct?)
    Tax Rate is 8.11 only on monthly payment not total

Haven't figured acq fee or other fees yet. Dealer so far hasn't a clue on how to calculation the MF reduction or total amount for the security deposit - I don't know if he is attempting to play games on the MF but will find out tomorrow. I have all my calculations and how I get to my number.

Total Estimate payment without a down payment 12K year and 39 months

$514.01 With $500 down without the MF reduction it jumps to $578.40

Have to confirm the payment but the discount and Lexus value is set. Agreed that the MF was/is .0007

Don't think I can get any lower. Another dealer across town game me a "deal" at 755 per month. I immediately left because at 750 there is no way he'd even come close.

39/12 numbers are indeed 58% and .0007.

I would agree - since you are at the base MF (before any MSD reductions) and you are getting a healthy discount from sticker, I don't see where you can save any more money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Did the deal this morning. My figures above didn't include any of the acq fees, title, etc. Zero down, with the money factor reduction which was a round up based on the monthly payment my total payment was about 550 including all fees and taxes. Took my Lexus no equity or payment - still had 5 payments left. Buyout was same as offered amount.

The 5500 discount was the only way to get the payment this low. Great dealer experience as well. Very easy to get the numbers right and zero BS on the back end. Saving 1060 per year on payments vs the current Lexus. Getting more expensive and more equiped car. 8000 just in list price. Saving the 2400 in interest. VERY HAPPY. Information here on the MF reduction made the deal possible otherwise monthly cost would have been WAY too high. THANKS!

@stim said:
    Did the deal this morning. My figures above didn't include any of the acq fees, title, etc. Zero down, with the money factor reduction which was a round up based on the monthly payment my total payment was about 550 including all fees and taxes. Took my Lexus no equity or payment - still had 5 payments left. Buyout was same as offered amount.

The 5500 discount was the only way to get the payment this low. Great dealer experience as well. Very easy to get the numbers right and zero BS on the back end. Saving 1060 per year on payments vs the current Lexus. Getting more expensive and more equiped car. 8000 just in list price. Saving the 2400 in interest. VERY HAPPY. Information here on the MF reduction made the deal possible otherwise monthly cost would have been WAY too high. THANKS!

Congratulations - certainly seems as though you made a great deal.

Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• buckp2buckp2 Member Posts: 1

Looking for the MF and residual on the 2014 QX80 (not 60) AWD, if anyone can help. Thanks!

@buckp2 said:
    Looking for the MF and residual on the 2014 QX80 (not 60) AWD, if anyone can help. Thanks!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• libby15libby15 Member Posts: 4

Hi
    After reading all the comments I am wondering what i should do. I have a car that i would like and the offer has been presented but based on what i am reading i am not sure if it is a smart move. Any thougths would be appreciated it.
    Essentially It will be a 39 month lease 10/k miles
    3,000.00 down and 595.00 a month plus 8% sales tax.
    MSRP 48,790.00
    I did ask this morning for the following:
    Cap cost $47,617
    Money Factor .00078
    Residual $28,298

So can any one help... I would need to sign today because of end of month and they need to bring the car from texas to arizona..

Thanks in advance!

@libby15 said:
    Hi
    After reading all the comments I am wondering what i should do. I have a car that i would like and the offer has been presented but based on what i am reading i am not sure if it is a smart move. Any thougths would be appreciated it.
    Essentially It will be a 39 month lease 10/k miles
    3,000.00 down and 595.00 a month plus 8% sales tax.
    MSRP 48,790.00
    I did ask this morning for the following:
    Cap cost $47,617
    Money Factor .00078
    Residual $28,298

So can any one help... I would need to sign today because of end of month and they need to bring the car from texas to arizona..

Thanks in advance!

Looks like the MF is marked up slightly ... base MF for FWD is .00068, while for AWD it is .00070 for 39 months. Residual for FWD 39/10 is 58%.

When I use the Base MF and 58% residual with your MSRP and cap cost, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $546.98; 8% sales tax takes the payment to $590.73.

What is the breakdown of the $3000 out of pocket? Cap cost reduction, fees, taxes, first payment, etc.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thank you I just requeted the breakdown again.. He didnt send me that this am. the model is 2014 qx60 3.5 suv cvt premium and premium plus with a few extra items nothing special

@libby15 said:
    Thank you I just requeted the breakdown again.. He didnt send me that this am. the model is 2014 qx60 3.5 suv cvt premium and premium plus with a few extra items nothing special

Make sure you explain to the dealer that you won't sign anything that includes a marked up MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

what will happen when they lower the MF? As of now he tells me payment includes tax of 598.00 but 3500.00 now down. still waiting on breakdown. I know that it is first months payment along with tags which are about 800.00

The finance guy just called me and told me to call him and tell him exactly what i want so if you could help me on the money factor i would appreciate it... so i dont sound like a dumb blonde LOL !!!! I SOOOOOO Appreciate all your help! You have a been a true savior!

• jkipsterjkipster Member Posts: 270

@libby15 said:
    The finance guy just called me and told me to call him and tell him exactly what i want so if you could help me on the money factor i would appreciate it... so i dont sound like a dumb blonde LOL !!!! I SOOOOOO Appreciate all your help! You have a been a true savior!

I would think you could get a bigger discount than ~$1K off MSRP?! The Truecar price for Tucson for your configuration is $45,769. This probably includes the $1,500 purchase incentive which is not available on leases.

Ask for a sale price of $46,750, with the base MF of 0.00068. Your net cap. cost including the $700 acquisition fee would be $47,450. Pay tags & fees etc. in your drive offs, but with no cap cost reduction.
    With this your monthly payment is $586 ($491 depreciation, $52 interest, $43 sales tax assuming tax is on the monthly amount).

You can also do up to 6 security deposits of $600 each, which would reduce your monthly payment to $537.

See what the dealer responds with. You should insist on these lease terms, with only the sale price being negotiable.

2001 Passat
    2010 G37S Sedan
    2013 G37xS Sedan
    2014 QX60
    2015 Q40
    2016 QX60
    2016 E350 Sedan
    2017 QX60
    2019 E450 Wagon
    2021 Sienna XSE AWD
    2022 Lexus RX350
    2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
    2023 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum 4WD

@jkipster said:
    See what the dealer responds with. You should insist on these lease terms, with only the sale price being negotiable.

What he said... and if you get pushback, contact a different dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• leaselover15leaselover15 Member Posts: 7

Can you please tell me the MF and Res for QX50 AWD Journey with Premium Package? Is it different if I add the Deluxe Touring Package also?

@leaselover15 said:
    Can you please tell me the MF and Res for QX50 AWD Journey with Premium Package? Is it different if I add the Deluxe Touring Package also?

You didn't mention the lease term or miles per year, so I'll assume 36/12 like you did for your Acura post.

Residual is 59% and the base MF is .00175 for the 2015 model.

The specific option packages do not affect residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• leaselover15leaselover15 Member Posts: 7

Thank you. For 2014, is it 0.0007 and 58% for the same? Does changing to 39mo make the residual 1% less?

@leaselover15 said:

2014 QX50 AWD Journey 36mo, 12K/yr

.00131 MF and 59% residual. Subtract 1% for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• twinkie13twinkie13 Member Posts: 1

Hi, could you tell me if these numbers sound ok. I am new to leasing.
    The MSRP is 45,500 and cap cost 44,500 (net cap cost with fees 46,199) terms are 39 month/12 k miles with a MF rate .068 and residual value 57%
    $991 cash due at signing and monthly note comes to $519 before fees. $619 with a 50 "rent" fee and 9% sales tax.

@twinkie13 said:
    Hi, could you tell me if these numbers sound ok. I am new to leasing.
    The MSRP is 45,500 and cap cost 44,500 (net cap cost with fees 46,199) terms are 39 month/12 k miles with a MF rate .068 and residual value 57%
    $991 cash due at signing and monthly note comes to $519 before fees. $619 with a 50 "rent" fee and 9% sales tax.

The numbers are correct.. $569/mo.+ tax. (rent fee is just the finance portion of the lease). The money factor is actually .00068.

My only qualm is the selling price. $1000 off MSRP? That is your best opportunity to lower the lease price. Negotiate a lower selling price.

Also, look into MSDs. Making 6 extra security deposits would lower your MF to .00008, and would lower your after-tax payment by $47/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mannyG1mannyG1 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2014

Hi, What is the July MF rate and Residual Value for QX60 AWD w/ Premium Plus package? 39 mos/10K miles?

• ftlaudcarftlaudcar Member Posts: 2

Would appreciate someone's help on this: Looking to lease a QX60 (Premium, Premium Plus, and Drivers Assistance packages) for 39 months, 15k miles per year. What's a fair price, residual value and money factor for the South Florida market? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

@mannyG1 said:
    Hi, What is the July MF rate and Residual Value for QX60 AWD w/ Premium Plus package? 39 mos/10K miles?

.00070 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shiggins4shiggins4 Member Posts: 7

Looking for July MF and RV for 2014 QX60 AWD P+ 36 month/18K miles. Would it be different for 2015 model? Thanks!

@shiggins4 said:
    Looking for July MF and RV for 2014 QX60 AWD P+ 36 month/18K miles. Would it be different for 2015 model? Thanks!

.00070 and, I think, 56% residual for 36/18.

I don't have any lease numbers for the 2015 QX60 just yet.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• shiggins4shiggins4 Member Posts: 7

Infinity just said it was .00074 and 54%

@shiggins4 said:
    Infinity just said it was .00074 and 54%

For 2015? I can't confirm those, since I don't have that data.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• testcar12testcar12 Member Posts: 3

Hi, I am getting an offer for QX60 with Premium, Premium Plus and Theater package in the dfw area.

I am planning to trade in my Q5 which has a loan balance of $16K and market value is atleast $34K, I am not planning to put any money down from my Audi but dealer is charging me tax of $920 if I sell the car to him.

Numbers for QX60 - Sale price $47124, Registration $298, tax $920
    MF 0.00190, 10000K miles a year, ZERO downpayment comes to a payment of $677/month inclusive of taxes.

I am not convinced with the offer and MF of 0.00190 as it sounds very high. Help me get the best number and MF for this month.

@testcar12 said:
    Hi, I am getting an offer for QX60 with Premium, Premium Plus and Theater package in the dfw area.

I am planning to trade in my Q5 which has a loan balance of $16K and market value is atleast $34K, I am not planning to put any money down from my Audi but dealer is charging me tax of $920 if I sell the car to him.

Numbers for QX60 - Sale price $47124, Registration $298, tax $920
    MF 0.00190, 10000K miles a year, ZERO downpayment comes to a payment of $677/month inclusive of taxes.

I am not convinced with the offer and MF of 0.00190 as it sounds very high. Help me get the best number and MF for this month.

You didn't mention the lease term. Base MF for leases 42 months and longer is .00160, which can be marked up by the dealer for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• testcar12testcar12 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2014

my bad...lease term is 48 months, also can you please let me know what is the MF for a 39 month lease, for the same vehicle ?

@testcar12 said:
    my bad...lease term is 48 months, also can you please let me know what is the MF for a 39 month lease, for the same vehicle ?

48/10 - .00160 and 52%

39/10 - .00070 and 59%

Subtract 1% if FWD. FWD MF for 39mo is .00068

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 88awake88awake Member Posts: 15
    Hello, I'm looking at an AWD QX60. Can you tell me the MF and residual for 36 months and either 12k miles or 15k miles? Thank you for the help! (Comparing with another vehicle if you saw my similar request on another page.)

@88awake said:
    Hello, I'm looking at an AWD QX60. Can you tell me the MF and residual for 36 months and either 12k miles or 15k miles? Thank you for the help! (Comparing with another vehicle if you saw my similar request on another page.)

.00070 and 57% / 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hello, I'm looking at an AWD QX60. Can you tell me the MF and residual for 36 months and either 12k miles or 15k miles? (I'm in CT) Thank you for the help, comparing with another vehicle too still.

@88awake said:
     Hello, I'm looking at an AWD QX60. Can you tell me the MF and residual for 36 months and either 12k miles or 15k miles? (I'm in CT) Thank you for the help, comparing with another vehicle too still.

I answered this in the post above yours. .00070 and 57% or 59%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yes, thank you!! (Was doing it on my phone and it looked like the first request didn't post.)
This discussion has been closed.