Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244

Invoice w/ dest charge on your model is 28,269. Where did you get that invoice price from/?

I would negotiate thru this month making your best deal at months end. There is more room to save. Get more dealerships involved in the price wars. Pit one dealer against the next.

Otherwise take last months offer and don't look back.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    liquidq23liquidq23 Member Posts: 7

@brian125 said:
    Invoice w/ dest charge on your model is 28,269. Where did you get that invoice price from/?

I would negotiate thru this month making your best deal at months end. There is more room to save. Get more dealerships involved in the price wars. Pit one dealer against the next.

Otherwise take last months offer and don't look back.

Brian,

I got the invoice from this site (edmunds). Currently, I have two dealerships involved. I emailed another dealership with the above selling price and they are completely ignoring me. No response from them after two email inquries to the internet sales manager.

• Options

Email as many dealerships as your willing to travel to. this will help you get the best possible deal. As we get later into this month dealers will be willing to negotiate more . dealers that don't respond via email are behind the times lose there number. There not worth your time.

• Options

Your invoice price is wrong go back and check Edmunds or go to @nada.com its a lot easier to find pricing and option packages.

• Options
    llie19llie19 Member Posts: 18

sorry for the late reply. the dealer is Honda of Bowie. OTD price was 25301, that includes VA tag and registration.

the after-sale service leaves more to be desired as i said in previous posts. it also took them a long time to mail my plates and registration card to me. i had to call them many times for that. every time they would say sir don't worry it's being fedexed to you right away, then follow that with the question: what's your new address again sir?

@anddo20 said:
    I'm shopping around the dc area as well. So you were able to get $24,200, all fees included before taxes? What dealer did you end up at and what was your Out the Door price?

• Options
    anuprpanuprp Member Posts: 4

Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for your help. I emailed a bunch of dealers like you suggested and the best price and most straightforward dealer here in NJ for me was Autosport Honda in Bridgewater, NJ. I bought the 2014 EX-L V6 Sedan (no nav) for $26,365 + $349 dealer doc + taxes and dmv = $28,950. They also got me to buy the 5 year maintainance plan for an additional $349. Am I a sucker for buying that?

Also, my uncle is looking to buy the Accord Hybrid in California but says they don't negotiate on the hybrid there. Is that true or should he also target 1-2k below invoice?

Thanks very much!

• Options
    edited July 2014

Not sure what a maintenance plan is. You are covered 3yr or 36k on the vehicle.

Hybrid accords are not being discounted like the Non Hybrids. if your uncle is buying one tell him to find the high volume dealers in CA, where these dealers may have 20 or more on there lots. That's where he will make the best deal on one.

• Options
    pmarcuspmarcus Member Posts: 9

I love the dealership that quotes the wrong car and then simply says "bring us your quote and we'll beat it by $250". How about you meet my asking price or give me your best quote instead!

No one seems to want to go below $25,300 on the Accord Couple EX-L 4cyl. With the $1000 dealer cash that seems to be going now that seems to be only $400 under invoice plus they get the $400 doc fees.

I'll be patient I guess :) I didn't want to get quotes from California but maybe I need to.

• Options

last week of the month is when you should start your buying process. With a possible sale the last 2 days/ last day of July. Negotiating like this avoids a lot of the beginning and middle of the month nonsense dealers usually try to pull.

• Options
    mossburghmossburgh Member Posts: 39

Can dealers post date a lease contract. I have a lease with one dealer(Hyundai) ending 3rd week of August. Can I make a deal with a different dealer(Honda) at the end of July to begin the Lease 3rd week of August?

• Options
    10acvol10acvol Member Posts: 1

brian,

I've been following your advice for a long time now on this forum. I'm in the Charlotte, NC area and looking to buy an EX-L V6 without Navi. I've read your tips and I'm certainly appreciative if what you've offered. Any insights to the Charlotte market? Thanks in advance.

• Options
    edited July 2014

10acvol,

The NC. area is harder to negotiate pricing like you see in MA, MD, or VA, CA. Stick with getting a price of 1300 to 1500 below dealers invoice. That should be obtainable at months end. Get as many dealerships involved as far as your willing to travel. This will help you get the best price.

Remember to take all high doc fee charges into account when negotiating.

• Options
    andrewdruizandrewdruiz Member Posts: 5

Really great tips here. I'm in the market for a '14 Accord and I sent out a million e-mails to all the dealerships in my area (I'm in SoCal) - I asked for a '14 LX with 0 options for $21k OTD + .9% financing for 60 months with $6k cash down. I got a response from a dealership that will do $21,333 OTD with 1.9% financing for 60 months, as they can only finance at .9% for 36 months - is that true? The only thing I forgot to mention when I sent the e-mail out to the dealerships is that I actually want a decklid spoiler. I'm in no rush, and if what he says is true about the financing, I'm assuming it's something directly from Honda Finance, which no dealership has control over - can anyone confirm? If that's the case, I might hold out for $21k OTD + the decklid spoiler @ 1.9%. The extra 1% represents an extra $390 paid in interest, and the decklid spoiler is about $299, so that's a decent trade. Thoughts? Should I just hold out? I'm in zero rush whatsoever.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153

@andrewdruiz said:
    Really great tips here. I'm in the market for a '14 Accord and I sent out a million e-mails to all the dealerships in my area (I'm in SoCal) - I asked for a '14 LX with 0 options for $21k OTD + .9% financing for 60 months with $6k cash down. I got a response from a dealership that will do $21,333 OTD with 1.9% financing for 60 months, as they can only finance at .9% for 36 months - is that true? The only thing I forgot to mention when I sent the e-mail out to the dealerships is that I actually want a decklid spoiler. I'm in no rush, and if what he says is true about the financing, I'm assuming it's something directly from Honda Finance, which no dealership has control over - can anyone confirm? If that's the case, I might hold out for $21k OTD + the decklid spoiler @ 1.9%. The extra 1% represents an extra $390 paid in interest, and the decklid spoiler is about $299, so that's a decent trade. Thoughts? Should I just hold out? I'm in zero rush whatsoever.

Honda is offering 0.9% up to 36 month and 1.9% for 37-60 months...

If you bring your own financing, there is a $1000 incentive available to the dealer, which could lower your price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    johnnie_fivejohnnie_five Member Posts: 8

I bought the EX-L (without NAV) on 6/5 for $26,470.87 OTD.
    The break down: Vehicle $24,159, Tax $1,939.12, Electronic Registration $29, Lic&Reg $263.75.
    I went through USAA car buying program, basically it's the internet sales without me having to do the leg work. It was an easy no hassle process. I was happy with the results.
    The car had +$2k worth extra dealer installed equipment but I refused them. I asked them to remove it, but they sold the car as is. It had Karr alarm, LOJACK, wheel locks, clear door edge protector trim, fender protectors (ugly). The alarm system and LOJACK was not activated.
    The dealership had both good and bad reviews, but I had a good experience with them: Avery Green Honda in Vallejo, CA.

• Options
    wagon297wagon297 Member Posts: 2

I need some help guys, my car is down so i need a car asap, looking for 14 Honda Accord LX-CVT in MD, VA, NC and DC area, please let give me some tips, who have the best deal in those area? i saw (lo742) in post above bought his accord for $18330 in VA (before tax, fee) that's awsome deal, i hope he read this post and give me

• Options

@kyfdx said:
    If you bring your own financing, there is a $1000 incentive available to the dealer, which could lower your price.

Thanks for the tip - Do you mean a straight $1,000 reduction from my current offer, maybe come to $20,333 OTD with my own financing? I have PenFed, so I can get the car financed at 2.24% @ 60 months or 1.49 @ 36 months. I'd probably finance at 60 months, but it'd save me over $921 after computing interest if I was able to go down $1,000 from the OTD purchase price.

• Options

The dealer gets $1000 from Honda, if they don't use the low-APR financing.. Will they give it up to you? I don't know... it's possible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

I just had another dealership offer me $21,000 OTD, $6,000 down, financed @ 0% for 60 months (they must be using a different financing company). No rear decklid spoiler, but I'm not going to get too greedy. I'm headed there on Sunday to complete the transaction. We'll see. I think it's an excellent deal, especially with the supposed 0% financing.

• Options
    jeffdtdjeffdtd Member Posts: 7

Great price considering 0% down. I'm usually swayed against 0% financing offers due to the prices many dealers try to get with it.

• Options
    edited July 2014

Now I have them down to $24,900 inc dest fee plus TTL plus $400 doc fee (2014 honda accord coupe EX-L 4cyl no accessories unusual to not have accessories stuck onto the price!). It's getting there. I don't know if I have the patience for end of month :)

• Options
    bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35

I have just started my search for either an EXL 4 cylinder sedan or an EXL 6 cylinder coupe. The numbers to start look OK but I guess they will get better as next 10 days pass. The first dealer, who I have purchased from in the past came back with the EXL V6 coupe-$27,373 and 4 cylinder EXL sedan-$25,225. Another dealer came back with $27641 on the coupe and $24950 on the EXL 4 cyl sedan. Based on what I am seeing there are better prices to be had but I am near Philadelphia and I believe seeing posts that Pennsylvania and New Jersey areas are tougher for pricing. I would pull the trigger at $24,300 on the sedan and $26,500 on the coupe. I just don't know if any of the factory dealer cash will help me get there as the month comes to a close.

• Options
    crimsonlizardcrimsonlizard Member Posts: 20
    Does anyone know how the incentives changed from June to July? I have a dealer raising the price $1000k from a quote in June - if I finance with Honda.
  • Options

@crimsonlizard said:
    Does anyone know how the incentives changed from June to July? I have a dealer raising the price $1000k from a quote in June - if I finance with Honda.

In the last program, there was a $500 dealer incentive that was lost, if the customer used the low interest rate financing. In this program, there is a $1000 dealer incentive at stake. Either way, the price shouldn't be going up, though.... If using the Honda financing, the dealer's net should be the same as last month.... If not using the financing, the dealer would net $500 more than last month, given the increased incentive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited July 2014

john

Sorry for the late reply. I'm on the west coast til the 27th. You are exactly right... stand firm

With the dealer cash of 1000 your target price is 2k below invoice. Do not go lower with price from Criswell.

With dealer cash of 1000 dollars to buy Forum members should do very well with pricing this month. leasing incentive is 850 dollars. If dealers wont give you dealer cash and the .9% financing together get outside approval 1st. Check out Pen fed credit union. Same rates as Honda dealers. Getting approval 1st will force dealers to give you both.

• Options
    june123june123 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014

Hello, I just received the first offer $24100 for EXL, 4cy, w/o Nav from a dealer in Ga, destination fee included plus tax, tag,dealer fee $600. It is without accessories. I am in SC. I saw some people paid little less last month. What do you think? Brian? Thank you for your precious opinion!

• Options
    Well... I went to the dealership and they gave me the good old bait and switch.. Told me $21k OTD financed at 0%. They said they had the car I wanted with 0 options, but then when I got there they said they didn't. They only had one with an "enhancement" package - mud guards, wheel locks and some other stuff that was worth a supposed $1295 or something like that. Then they said they couldn't do my price or the financing even though I had it on am email from one of the finance managers. I drove 70 miles and I walked out furious, they called me, we haggled, I came back... Long story short I'm paying $21,875 in total payments. I put $6k down and I'm paying $264.xx a month. I guess it's still a decent deal.
  • Options
    nero22634nero22634 Member Posts: 2

Hey guys, have been reading the post for a few days and have learned quite a bit. I am in a bit of a predicament though. I am located in Long Island and went to a dealer who I have bought two cars from in the past. I have felt comfortable with him and he gave me a price that I thought was fair before coming to this forum (28402 OTD), so I put a down payment of $100. Now after reading the things you guys have to say, I am worried that I am not getting the best price possible. Not only that, but I have called about 8 dealerships who have quoted me prices, but many are not willing to put this information in print/email, etc. They want me to come-in to the dealership. What can I do now? Do I keep pushing until I get something in print? What can I realistically expect to get below invoice in Long Island, NY?

• Options
    nero22634nero22634 Member Posts: 2

Hey guys, can anyone give me an information on what to expect to pay below invoice in Long Island, NY? I feel like all these dealerships are not budging much, even with $1000 incentive. Can't get below $25,800. You guys are giving me so much knowledge, definitely need help with this. Thank you!

• Options

Nero, listen to what Brian says. Pick a price, tell them what you will pay and keep calling different dealers. If they won't put it in writing then they are not standing behind their offer. It's not supposed to be easy. They want to make this as hard on you as possible and wear you down. You have almost 2 weeks to wait for the best prices. I gave up 24,900 for a 2014 accord EX-L 4cyl Coupe no addons and it was painful. They tried to sneak extras in that they promised they wouldn't. You need a lot of resolve and at the end of the day they are banking that you won't want to go through the hassle of their complex game for $XXX.

If you read through the whole forum you'll probably see some people working deals in your area. I don't remember for sure.

• Options
    tricky10tricky10 Member Posts: 4

Hey guys, I've been following the forum for the past few days and getting some great insight from you guys. I'm planning on getting the EXL 4cyl with Navigation. I opted for the higher model mainly for the navigation, as opposed to leather seats etc. Now that the 2015 models will come out in September, would it be wise to wait about a month or so for the 2015 model to see if LX/EX models offer navigation or is that unrealistic? Any thoughts?

• Options

I haven't seen anything to suggest they are updating the user interface and nav stuff in 2015 and I have looked. I don't know that too much info has been released.

• Options
    nukelalooshnukelaloosh Member Posts: 1

This forum has been a HUGE help in being armed with the information necessary to negotiate a great deal. As others have stated, a very special shout out goes out to brian125! I easily saved over $1000 just by reading every single page on this thread. Anyway, here's my experience below...

2014 Honda Accord Sport

Car Price: $21,200
    tax: $1,596
    OTD: $23,151

Car included Tint, body side molding and pro pack****

I used the "letter to dealers" sample that brian125 wrote around page 34 on this forum. As suggested, I then proceeded to email as many dealerships in my general area, in my case, 12 dealerships (I live 60 miles north of Los Angeles). The next day I would say nearly all of them replied and most had very good offers. As the offers came in, I narrowed it down to 3 dealerships that seemed willing to deal and were quick to reply to my emails. One offer came in at $2000 below invoice which was my goal. I then emailed one of the dealerships that was closest to me (10 miles) to see if they would match the $2000 under invoice offer and to my surprise they did. I let them know that if they would include tinted windows in the deal I would come to the dealership the next day... Again, they agreed.

Long story short, I went to the dealership and negotiated for about an hour until I was comfortable with the deal. The dealership first offered 3.9 APR and I made it clear I was not going any lower than 1.9%. Ultimatly, they threw in the pro pack (door edge guards, mug guards, trunk tray, and wheel locks) and body side molding with no extra charge along with an APR of 2.5%. I was happy so I agreed to the deal.

The process was painless and surprisingly fun. Easily the most painless new car buying experience I have ever had! I knew what was possible based on others experiences in this forum. As a result, the dealers really couldn't play their usual games. Thanks again to everyone in this forum!!

• Options

@nero22634 said:
    Hey guys, have been reading the post for a few days and have learned quite a bit. I am in a bit of a predicament though. I am located in Long Island and went to a dealer who I have bought two cars from in the past. I have felt comfortable with him and he gave me a price that I thought was fair before coming to this forum (28402 OTD), so I put a down payment of $100. Now after reading the things you guys have to say, I am worried that I am not getting the best price possible. Not only that, but I have called about 8 dealerships who have quoted me prices, but many are not willing to put this information in print/email, etc. They want me to come-in to the dealership. What can I do now? Do I keep pushing until I get something in print? What can I realistically expect to get below invoice in Long Island, NY?

Just to add what @pmarcus postd above. Get as many dealerships involved as your willing to travel to. This will help you make your best deal. Check out my posting on page 34. Its a easy formatted email to dealers telling each one what your looking for and what price wraps up your deal that moment. You will make your best deal closer to months end. Put out your target price and negotiate thru the month.

1500 to 2k plus........ is your target price to buy in all states . Remember the 1st 1000 dollars off your vehicle dealer is getting rebate from honda corp.

NY, NJ, CT, PA, DE, NC, SC, Prices may be harder to get to 2k below. This does not mean you dont TRY. Use the tactic's we talk about thru these boards and you will do well.

Good luck,

• Options
    r_schultz31r_schultz31 Member Posts: 3

Hi, I'm looking at leasing an Accord Hybrid Touring; can anyone provide current residual % and MF?

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

@r_schultz31 said:
    Hi, I'm looking at leasing an Accord Hybrid Touring; can anyone provide current residual % and MF?

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    mediagrxmediagrx Member Posts: 7

@andrewdruiz said:
    Well... I went to the dealership and they gave me the good old bait and switch.. Told me $21k OTD financed at 0%. They said they had the car I wanted with 0 options, but then when I got there they said they didn't. They only had one with an "enhancement" package - mud guards, wheel locks and some other stuff that was worth a supposed $1295 or something like that. Then they said they couldn't do my price or the financing even though I had it on am email from one of the finance managers. I drove 70 miles and I walked out furious, they called me, we haggled, I came back... Long story short I'm paying $21,875 in total payments. I put $6k down and I'm paying $264.xx a month. I guess it's still a decent deal.

Which dealer was this? I'm in so cal too and looking for an LX. The lowest so far is $21,400 OTD

• Options

OMG, so I was going to go close the deal monday night and they email me saying when taking the car to detailing the found a significant scratch on the front bumper. It's about 2" and all the paint is removed. Someone REALLY scraped it. They are going to repair it and said the repair will be lifetime warrantied but dang man. Unfortunately there aren't many coupes with 4cyl engines in the area so I don't have another one to jump into at the desired price. UGH!

• Options

@Michaell said:
    What lease term and how many miles per year?

36 month 15k/year

• Options

@r_schultz31 said:
    36 month 15k/year

36 months 15k/year

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,289

@r_schultz31 said:
    Hi, I'm looking at leasing an Accord Hybrid Touring; can anyone provide current residual % and MF? 36mo / 15K

49% residual. No MF available on the Hybrid trims, which means that standard MF would apply. Don't know exactly what those are, but I imagine it's not cheap.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    june123june123 Member Posts: 2

Uoops!
    Sorry to hear that, Pmarcus.
    By the way, what was the desired price you were going to pay?

• Options
    liquidq23liquidq23 Member Posts: 7

2014 Accord Sedan EXL Nav - $26,163

Tax $2,093 (CA), Lic $280, Doc $80

Out the door price will be $28,616

what you think?

• Options
    edited July 2014

so I finally REALLY closed this time at a different dealer:

2014 Accord Coupe 4cyl EX-L no-nav 24,900 plus formula one comfort tint
    $399 doc fee + TTL
    picking it up during the day tomorrow just to make sure there aren't any issues and that I can see everything!

• Options
    hondaguymnhondaguymn Member Posts: 33
    25.5 on exl v6 including transportation... do I do it?
  • Options

@hondaguymn what's the rest of the deal? base price seems quite low.

• Options
    bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35

I am being told by one of the dealers I am working with that there is a new rebate of $500 if you finance with Honda at 2.9%. I thought there was also a deal where if you did NOT finance it was an extra $1000 to the dealer to use. Does anyone have any insight into these numbers?

By the way, the Pennsylvania & NJ dealerships must all be making there sales numbers as I cannot do better than $24,900. I haven't pushed real hard and haven't given them my number to see if they give me the offer I'm looking for ($24,300 would be nice). I expect to push hard next week and will post what I learn.

• Options
    jgioia1jgioia1 Member Posts: 1

Ok finalized a deal, and gotta say all the info really helped me get the price down to where it should have been. Buying from Nardy Honda on Long Island. A lot of back and forth, but it was worth it.

Purchase price $24,700 + TTL, Doc fee, etc. OTD was $26900.

Thanks to everyone on here, you guys really made me an informed consumer. Wish I knew about this when I bought my wife's CRV a year ago...

Also a tip for those looking for better rates on financing...do your research on outside financing. I was able to get a much better rate from TFCU than what Honda was offering.

Once again, thank you to all on here and for all your help!

• Options

@bethpa said:
    I am being told by one of the dealers I am working with that there is a new rebate of $500 if you finance with Honda at 2.9%. I thought there was also a deal where if you did NOT finance it was an extra $1000 to the dealer to use. Does anyone have any insight into these numbers?

By the way, the Pennsylvania & NJ dealerships must all be making there sales numbers as I cannot do better than $24,900. I haven't pushed real hard and haven't given them my number to see if they give me the offer I'm looking for ($24,300 would be nice). I expect to push hard next week and will post what I learn.

On July 22nd, Honda did come out with a $500 loyalty/conquest rebate from HFS. It's good for leases or finance. It should show as a downpayment or cap cost reduction on the paperwork. The qualifications are pretty loose.. Basically, if you own a car already, you qualify... lol.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21

@mediagrx said:

@mediagrx said:

which dealer offer you 21400 OTD in So Cal? what was the interest rate they offer you?